**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
If you are going to spend money on a rb, then I agree rolling with Barkley. However, I would prefer they not spend that much on any rb. Draft another one and spend the FA money on both offensive and defensive lines.
And keep Monty with Herbert.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think there is a correlation between smart decisions and team success. That can be done whether your QB is on rookie contract or not. Hence why the Chiefs are still a good team.
Yeah, there was a stat I saw last year that showed no QB with a top 5 cap hit has ever won a Superbowl. Basically a guy saying why GB can't win with Rodgers. But Brady won like 3x as the 6th highest QB cap hit, and the Rams had like a 45M cap hit when they won because they were paying Stafford and Goff essentially. Meanwhile, Rodgers was like 300K over 6th highest. Just completely arbitrary nonsense people come up with.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
well sure. they got real lucky he got injured and that team was bad enoughbto get Chase.

I listed out SB winners. Rex Grossman won an NFC champ. Dont give a flying fuck.
Yet you reference Foles.. tf has happened to your arguments?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yet you reference Foles.. tf has happened to your arguments?

I referenced Foles because he was the QB that won the SB that year. I wasnt trying to cherry pick.

If you want to go beyond then you have Brady again, PManning, Wilson, EManning, Flacco, Brees, Big Ben, Rodgers. Only Wilson was on his rookie deal I believe. EManning won one on his rookie deal back when rookie deals were expensive but the 2nd one was on a new contract.

There is just no proof it is a huge advantage. What is a huge advantage is finding a star QB as teams will win with said star QB on rookie deal or even when they get expensive because the key is the fact they are a star.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
"Fields has three more years left on his rookie contract. Realistically speaking, the Bears are at least two years away from becoming legitimate contenders. That leaves Poles little room for error as he rebuilds the Bears' roster."

Been saying this for awhile now. By the time Poles puts together a competent team (assuming he even does), Fields will be out of his rookie contract (assuming he's good).
We could always trade Fields and start with a fresh new rookie QB next season?
funny-animals-funny-cat.gif

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:

If Arizona moves out from 3 or talks enough about doing so, Indy will be fully bent over a barrel with a clownshow HC, that 2024 1st from them would be golden.

-Saturday was a joke, he's not going to build out a decent staff because any coach worth shit knows he's not long for the job despite Irsay being in love with him
-Ballard not having final say is hilarious and their QB desperation puts them in a really bad spot if Arizona decides to trade with say Carolina - I can't think of a worse situation for a franchise to be in
-Carter/Anderson + Marvin Harrison Jr in 2024 would be a franchise altering pull, whatever else we could extract from them in trade would be awesome but if they hire Saturday I wouldn't even entertain trading with anybody else than that dumpster fire org