**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Well then start with putting resources in the OL to begin with and be opportunistic in finding better weapons. There are plenty of tackles and centers in the top 100 who can outperform the guys we had playing last year. Draft one of each and target a quality FA for both positions so that the rookie isnt required to be good on day 1.

Darnell Wright would look amazing in our colors, and I think would be an ideal target with a second round pick should Poles get good value trading down. We will see who rises and falls on draft day, but I have hope that Poles targets the trenches early and often.
Absolutely what my plan would be. Sign a pair of linemen. Draft another guy early. They probably have to add a WR in the first 2 days of the draft as well, but yeah they have to be opportunistic. If they get a guy that can contribute as a rookie, great, if not, just feed Claypool, Mooney and Kmet and you just have to have a 3rd guy that's better than Pettis, which shouldn't be hard. Get a better TE2. Get more of a receiving weapon out of the backfield. Then if the chance arises to get a stud WR in a trade, hopefully you have an extra 2024 pick from a trade down that you can use to go get that guy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good for him. Seriously.

Only way to get better at your craft is to put in extra work. I hope we see improvement next season.
He's getting paid. Time to act like a pro. I suspect Mooney is a good influence on him and Claypool.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Absolutely what my plan would be. Sign a pair of linemen. Draft another guy early. They probably have to add a WR in the first 2 days of the draft as well, but yeah they have to be opportunistic. If they get a guy that can contribute as a rookie, great, if not, just feed Claypool, Mooney and Kmet and you just have to have a 3rd guy that's better than Pettis, which shouldn't be hard. Get a better TE2. Get more of a receiving weapon out of the backfield. Then if the chance arises to get a stud WR in a trade, hopefully you have an extra 2024 pick from a trade down that you can use to go get that guy.
Fact is the team needs to get better at 3 positions on the line with new talent, Jones needs to improve in the offseason, and either Jenkins needs to stay healthy or Whitehair needs to show that he is worth his paycheck for another year. Once Fields can complete a 3 step drop, we will be able to see what Fields can do as the game continues to get easier for him to process.

I wouldnt mind seeing the team find a stud TE if they cant find a stud WR. They just need ONE GUY who can be a reliable target on any down and distance. If Poles misses out on the best tackle prospects in the draft, I wouldnt mind him using the theoretical second round pick he recovers in a trade down on Darnell Washington. Base the offense around 12 and 21 personnel and let the rest of the league figure out how to stop it.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Velus Jones has bought a jug machine.

u86xd9ig6kea1.jpg

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Velus Jones has bought a jug machine.

View attachment 25852
Fantastic. Genuinely fantastic.

He had a couple looks where he was outrunning legit NFL DBs and had good routes. That is one tool in the belt, then, and if he works on the rest, he wont be a poor option at #3

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
Anybody know if Velus Jones has bought a JUGS Machine, or even a knock-off version of one?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Fact is the team needs to get better at 3 positions on the line with new talent, Jones needs to improve in the offseason, and either Jenkins needs to stay healthy or Whitehair needs to show that he is worth his paycheck for another year. Once Fields can complete a 3 step drop, we will be able to see what Fields can do as the game continues to get easier for him to process.

I wouldnt mind seeing the team find a stud TE if they cant find a stud WR. They just need ONE GUY who can be a reliable target on any down and distance. If Poles misses out on the best tackle prospects in the draft, I wouldnt mind him using the theoretical second round pick he recovers in a trade down on Darnell Washington. Base the offense around 12 and 21 personnel and let the rest of the league figure out how to stop it.
This guy gets it!

Youre hired as my assistant GM for sure!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

TEs aren't typically guys that are reliable any down or distance. You have Kelce, Kittle and a couple others have shown flashes here and there. The Bears also like Kmet a ton, and this style offense doesn't really support 2 receiving TEs. The 12 personnel sets are more for helping with chip blocks or in the run game.

Also, I don't expect Washington to be that type of guy. He's basically a more athletic Marcedes Lewis at this point. Phenomenal blocker and a great athlete, but I don't think he's dynamic at getting open. I think he has more 30-40 catch upside than elite TE level production like 70+ catches.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
This guy gets it!

Youre hired as my assistant GM for sure!
You'll find that my salary demands are quite reasonable. I am semi retired and have tons of free time

I offer years of experience spending millions of dollars at a time, a lot of old timey phrases, and a well-stocked pantry.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
TEs aren't typically guys that are reliable any down or distance. You have Kelce, Kittle and a couple others have shown flashes here and there. The Bears also like Kmet a ton, and this style offense doesn't really support 2 receiving TEs. The 12 personnel sets are more for helping with chip blocks or in the run game.

Also, I don't expect Washington to be that type of guy. He's basically a more athletic Marcedes Lewis at this point. Phenomenal blocker and a great athlete, but I don't think he's dynamic at getting open. I think he has more 30-40 catch upside than elite TE level production like 70+ catches.
I see Washington as the type who can threaten the middle of the field at 5, 10, and 15 yards very easily.

He runs really well for a man that size, and is a plus blocker coming out of college. He doesn't have to move like Kelce, he has to have the athleticism to use his incredible size to his advantage, and he does that.

If I had to place my money on it, Kmet and Washington could combine for 120 catches and 1400 yards with Washington's floor. That sounds like a really productive pair, and Washington then has room to grow. I think this offense will have plenty of space to have two TEs on the field in a variety of alignments, because Fields's dynamic talent makes play action and RPO a nightmare to defend.

We're free to disagree, I just wanted to lay my case out as an Amateur Assistant-GM/Professional Bears Fan

Les Grossman

Liked Posts: