Jurko: Brock Purdy is a better QB than Justin Fields v. ESPN1000

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I picked his top targets that there was a good comparison from him vs other QBs, Its specifically to debunk "its everyone elses fault" pointing out how much better production his weapons got with other QBs shows that his weapons are not holding him back, he is holding them back.

the only player I might of "cherry picked" was Monty there was statistically not a huge difference in his drop in production, but I put that in there specifically because of the OL excuse but nobody has bitten on that one yet so..

Get a life.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I picked his top targets that there was a good comparison from him vs other QBs, Its specifically to debunk "its everyone elses fault" pointing out how much better production his weapons got with other QBs shows that his weapons are not holding him back, he is holding them back.

the only player I might of "cherry picked" was Monty there was statistically not a huge difference in his drop in production, but I put that in there specifically because of the OL excuse but nobody has bitten on that one yet so..
Lazy analysis then, got it.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

yes your points.. you make a point like the pass attempts or "volume" then I'm going to reply to YOUR points, thats how it works..

Did you forget you made these points or are you confused my your own words?

And again, point totally missed. It's not like rushing totals could have a direct correlation to less passing volume or anything...

"About the same" Like the miniscule differences you posted then. And he had less pass attempts per game in 2022 than 2021.

Derp, I said volume dropped. From last year. Which it clearly did. This is why I don't entertain idiots.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
yes your points.. you make a point like the pass attempts or "volume" then I'm going to reply to YOUR points, thats how it works..

Did you forget you made these points or are you confused my your own words?
Yeah, there's a reason people look at ypa and not ypc...

(That's yards per attempt)

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
they actually tried to score in the first half of games the last six games of the season. Then turtled in the second halves. That is how you tank. Lovie never learned that. ;)
So how do you explain the designed QB runs when you are "tanking"? Trying to get JF killed?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Yeah, there's a reason people look at ypa and not ypc...

(That's yards per attempt)
and there is a reason the NFL rates production on total yards and why I based it on that with ypg (yards per game)

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Total yards, which would also include...
nothing.. its total receiving yards for that year, I calculated the total receiving yards each weapon had based on the games they had with each QB

EDIT I did it just for player starts to remove the "small sample size" argument when a player might of been in for 1 play, that would skew the numbers so I only did starts..

Last edited:

Varking

Enigma
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Carolina Panthers
  1. Colorado Avalanche
  1. Florida Gators
I mean… shouldn’t most QBs look better in the 49er system?

1. They have one of the best offensive lines in football.
2. They have a defense that regularly returns the ball to the offense.
3. CMC is a better runner and receiver than most teams have. He is a better RB than anything the Bears have on its roster and he is a better pass catcher than anything the Bears have on its roster.
4. Deebo Samuel is a better WR than anyone the Bears have on its roster.
5. George Kittle is a better blocker than Cole Kmet. George Kittle is also a much better pass catcher than Cole Kmet.
6. The 49ers have a better coach.
7. The 49ers have a better roster. The jury is out on Poles, he is fresh. However, the Bears haven’t had a good GM in some time. Advantage 49ers.
8. Mooney is the Bears #1 WR. He would be the #3 or #4 on the 49ers.

If Fields were in San Fran he would look significantly better and Purdy likely wouldn’t have seen the field this year.

Not many teams can afford to miss on a first round QB while moving three firsts and a third to get him and still be a Super Bowl contender.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
nothing.. its total receiving yards for that year, I calculated the total receiving yards each weapon had based on the games they had with each QB

EDIT I did it just for player starts to remove the "small sample size" argument when a player might of been in for 1 play, that would skew the numbers so I only did starts..
Point thoroughly missed. Again.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Point thoroughly missed. Again.
no I got your point you where trying to change the debate to combined yards that has nothing to do with evaluating Fields weapons.

Its a tactic to try and wave away the failure of Fields in the passing department by pointing to the running game, you want to talk about vortexing.. thats a classic Remy move to try and change the conversation off of the topic when its not going well. Just like with Remy I ignored the attempt and kept the debate on topic..

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
no I got your point you where trying to change the debate to combined yards that has nothing to do with evaluating Fields weapons.

Its a tactic to try and wave away the failure of Fields in the passing department by pointing to the running game, you want to talk about vortexing.. thats a classic Remy move to try and change the conversation off of the topic when its not going well. Just like with Remy I ignored the attempt and kept the debate on topic..
You went from completions, to total yards, to only passing yards, but not total passing yards, only certain options. But yeah, nice work staying on topic. I can see why they call you dbl drool.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You went from completions, to total yards, to only passing yards, but not total passing yards, only certain options. But yeah, nice work staying on topic. I can see why they call you dbl drool.

No the original point was always yards per game because thats the only way you can get the yards based on each QB..

remember this quote of mine?

Mooney stats with fields vs not fields as QB
2021 NOT JF - 80.4 ypg
2021 JF - 51 ypg
2022 - JF 41 ypg

Kmet
2021 NOT JF - 45.6 YPG
2021 JF - 34 ypg
2022 JF - 30.6 ypg

Claypool
2021 NOT JF - 57ypg
2022 NOT JF - 39 ypg
2022 JF - 18.5 ypg

Montgomery
2021 NOT JF - 27ypg
2021 JF - 18 ypg
2022 JF - 21ypg

So me saying JF doesnt make his weapons around him better when he statistically has made them all worse is dumb how?

Do you not understand what YPG is? (its yards per game)

The only time I said total yards was because another poster questioned how things are rated, The NFL rates production on the total yards for the year, its broken down into passing yards or receiving yards or rushing yards, thats how its done.

Its really not complicated I'm not sure why you are having so much trouble

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
So how do you explain the designed QB runs when you are "tanking"? Trying to get JF killed?

Because GMs actively tank. Coaches never try to tank.

Why would Luke Getsy try to limit his offense when he’s gonna be a head coaching candidate as soon as next year? The tape is his resume.

Last edited: