Pat Mahomes father on Parkins & Spiegel says Pat was hurt

Canth

Liked Posts:
Without trying to revisit history, the part I -never- understood about the Trubisky pick was the trade up to get him. In a vacuum, just looking at potential in his athletism, how he interviewed (ie, said what Pace wanted to hear), etc, I can understand how a GM can fall in love with a particular player. However, how did Pace have Trubisky so much better than the other two that he felt he had to trade up one spot to assure himself the pick? Instead of just taking either Mahomes or Watson if Trubisky was miraculously already gone. He had to have him waaay above the other two to justify that move. That is what will always be nuts to me.

Personally, I had wanted Watson. In hindsight, obviously there are issues there, but I did not understand passing on him when he had done so much in college.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I feel like we probably don’t get a trade for the first pick. Web’s aren’t great this year and let’s be honest, the bears didn’t deserve the fury oick of the draft.

I just have a bad feeling and that we are going to taken carter and he’s gonna be an also ran.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also wonder if this was part of the reported disconnect between Fox and Pace on draft Day. Perhaps it was Fox who told Mahomes they would graft him.
Worse than that. Apparently, Fox wanted Watson.
This is what Bears fans tell themselves to cope
The only viable cope is that we likely still have Pace and Nagy.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I feel like we probably don’t get a trade for the first pick. Web’s aren’t great this year and let’s be honest, the bears didn’t deserve the fury oick of the draft.

I just have a bad feeling and that we are going to taken carter and he’s gonna be an also ran.
Beautiful Spanglish ?

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
Good luck this week Bears Fans! Instead of just troll posting, I'd like to offer up some KC BBQ advice for those traveling to KC for the game. Kansas Citians are very civic minded folks who are proud of the city and want to show out of towners a good time and great BBQ. And, get to the game early, 80,000 in the parking lots tailgating, ALL of them will share some great food and beer with out of town fans.

Anyhow - Remember, just like everyone has different opinions about what wings are best and what constitutes a good wing......same is true with KC sytle BBQ...these are my opinions.....and I'm not trying to tell you what is best or worst...mostly I am trying to tell you what to expect. Most KC BBQ places are really good. The sauce means more in KC than it does in places like Texas or Memphis etc.

1. Joes. Joes is no.1 on alot of lists for good reason....it's good stuff. If you want to make sure your limited time in KC is utilized on a sure thing....go to Joes...order a Z-man sandwich. the Z man is an absolute good. It's impossible not to love it. Joes has other really good items too, but this is the signalture sandwhich and it's outstanding. The sauce is a traditional, rich, sweet/smoky KC style sauce.

2. Q39. slightly upscale...but wow....you can't miss with the burnt ends plate or a Mr. Burns sandwich. The sauce here is a bit more dark and rich, but still KC sweet.

3. Jackstack. The most upscale of the KC BBQ places...Jackstack is notable for it's vareity of ribs..you can get pork ribs here..but you go to this place because yo uwant beef or lamb ribs...so good! Also...if you are into fried mushrooms....you should try them here...they are huge and tasty. The sauce is slightly less sweet than typical KC sauce...still quite good.

4. Arthur Bryants. Not located in a great part of town, but no one will bother you right near the restaurant, especially during the daytime. Bryants is one of the KC originals...old school. If you want a heaping mountain of meat between 2 pieces of bread with good sauced and a staggering payload of fries for a goog price..you go to Bryants. The combo sandwich and fries will feed an army for days. Sauce here is bit more peppery....still good though. just sweet enough.

5. Johnny's. If you want a slab of pork ribs....in my opinion...Johnny's are the best. Good smoked sausages here too. Sauce is typical rich sweet KC sauce.

6. Slaps. Slaps is almost more famous for their variety of good sides than for their meats...wich are great too. Slaps is a joint that you either love or hate due to the sauce. Slaps sauce is the SWEETEST sauce in KC. Almost like putting sweet maple syrup on your BBQ....it's not that far off. If you prefer a darker, richer, smokier sauce, Slaps isn't going to be your thing...but if you like it sweet with good sides...this is your place. it's quite popular.

7. Smokehouse. Nothing notable...they kind of do everything good...just not great. Reccomend the burnt ends here....sauces is a typical rich, sweet smoky sauce.

8. Zardas. This one I think I problaby rank higher than most in KC...The BBQ BEANS at this place are incredible. Best beans in KC. You can buy them in most local grocery stores. so good. They have some decent specialty sandwiches. The "Hog Wild" or Average Joe are both good.

9. Woodyard BBQ. An off the beaten path type of place...unique in that they operate as a BBQ wood supplier primarily, but also operate a small BBQ joint thats quite small...most of the seating is outdoors so if you do go to this one...pick a nice sit outside kind of day. The pit is outside next to the trees/outdoor seeting as you arrive. Smells so good. These guys offer traditional fare, but usually have a speciality item or 2 at any given moment...if they have it...try the BBQ Cheesesteak...so good! Sauce is typical KC style sauce.

10. Gates. Another of the KC originals. Lives more off reputation than anything these days but you can still get good food here. You may know this places as the joint wehre they yell "HI MAY I HELP YOU!!!" as you are standing in line...you give kind of yell your order back to them..all the years I've been and somehow they never screw up my order when you think surely this disorganized chaotic system can't possibly get good accurate results..but it does somehow. Gates used to have some of the best ribs in town....best way to enjoy gates is either a beef on bun with fries, or just get a mixed plate and share it with a friend. Gates by default, usues their original sauce on things....and gates original sauces is peppery. I really like their sauce, but they also have a sweet n mild version that is also very good and more typical of a KC style sauce you find in most places. They've also got a hot n spicy version. If you aren't sure about the sauce situation, when you are ordering just yell up at the lady....for example beef on bun DRY! Or "MIXED PLATE DRY" they won't put any sauce on it...then you can grab some of each and see what you like. ...don't get me wrong on my rating here...I could eat at GATES all day....but KC has so many others...and better to choose from....

11. Rosedales. The last of the old schoolers...Rosedales is pretty cheap....it's not especially good, but they do have some stuff that's decent and well priced. Smoked sausage sandwich is really good. Alot of folks like the corn nuggets and fried mushrooms. You can probalby get a slab of ribs here cheaper than anywhere else in town. Rosedales has a very vinegary tart sauce....more familiar to texas BBQ than KC. As a kid, my dad would buy a slab here and you'd eat it but try and pick around the sauce...as an adult I can appreciate the sauce now, but it's not for everyone. Hit it up if you like a tart vinegar sauce.....or a cheap slab of ribs (with said tart sauce) ...or a pretty good cheap smoked sausage sandwich.....and some corn nuggets.

Here are few to avoid...in my opinion....the first one might be Rosedales...probalby not a place out of towners ought to try out....would ruin your first ever KC BBQ experience...but its got its good bits...anyhow....

Smokin Guns in Norht KC. Always slow and seems dry and pricy.

Haywards....meh

Danny Edwards. This place has the wierd distinction of not having particullary good BBQ at the restaurant...but their catered meals are pretty damn good. Skip if if you can.

Bandanna's. Not sure they have a location in KC anymore....think they still operate out of St. Joe, MO. Either way...very MEH.

Dickey's Somehow this texas chain remains in businees at various locations...if you happen upon one. DO NOT ENTER. This is Texas chain BBQ. It SUCKS. If you do go in, just remember ths is NOT KC BBQ...we don't claim it. Texas barely claims it.

Want some good sauce to take home? Stop in any KC area grocery store...you'll find a whole damn isle of nothing but BBQ sauce.

FUN FACT: When babies are born in Kc, the hospital gives them a droplet of KC style BBQ sauce

If you find a hole in the wall place not mentioned here...try it...it's most likely good. There are many I didn't mention here.

And last....IF BBQ isn't your thing or you get tired of it and want something else...KC has an incredible mexican food scene that's hidden in the shaddows of the BBQ places.....go hit up 7th Street/Argentine district....Taqueria San Antonio..El Polo Rey and so many others down there...GREAT mexican food.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Good luck this week Bears Fans! Instead of just troll posting, I'd like to offer up some KC BBQ advice for those traveling to KC for the game. Kansas Citians are very civic minded folks who are proud of the city and want to show out of towners a good time and great BBQ. And, get to the game early, 80,000 in the parking lots tailgating, ALL of them will share some great food and beer with out of town fans.

Anyhow - Remember, just like everyone has different opinions about what wings are best and what constitutes a good wing......same is true with KC sytle BBQ...these are my opinions.....and I'm not trying to tell you what is best or worst...mostly I am trying to tell you what to expect. Most KC BBQ places are really good. The sauce means more in KC than it does in places like Texas or Memphis etc.

1. Joes. Joes is no.1 on alot of lists for good reason....it's good stuff. If you want to make sure your limited time in KC is utilized on a sure thing....go to Joes...order a Z-man sandwich. the Z man is an absolute good. It's impossible not to love it. Joes has other really good items too, but this is the signalture sandwhich and it's outstanding. The sauce is a traditional, rich, sweet/smoky KC style sauce.

2. Q39. slightly upscale...but wow....you can't miss with the burnt ends plate or a Mr. Burns sandwich. The sauce here is a bit more dark and rich, but still KC sweet.

3. Jackstack. The most upscale of the KC BBQ places...Jackstack is notable for it's vareity of ribs..you can get pork ribs here..but you go to this place because yo uwant beef or lamb ribs...so good! Also...if you are into fried mushrooms....you should try them here...they are huge and tasty. The sauce is slightly less sweet than typical KC sauce...still quite good.

4. Arthur Bryants. Not located in a great part of town, but no one will bother you right near the restaurant, especially during the daytime. Bryants is one of the KC originals...old school. If you want a heaping mountain of meat between 2 pieces of bread with good sauced and a staggering payload of fries for a goog price..you go to Bryants. The combo sandwich and fries will feed an army for days. Sauce here is bit more peppery....still good though. just sweet enough.

5. Johnny's. If you want a slab of pork ribs....in my opinion...Johnny's are the best. Good smoked sausages here too. Sauce is typical rich sweet KC sauce.

6. Slaps. Slaps is almost more famous for their variety of good sides than for their meats...wich are great too. Slaps is a joint that you either love or hate due to the sauce. Slaps sauce is the SWEETEST sauce in KC. Almost like putting sweet maple syrup on your BBQ....it's not that far off. If you prefer a darker, richer, smokier sauce, Slaps isn't going to be your thing...but if you like it sweet with good sides...this is your place. it's quite popular.

7. Smokehouse. Nothing notable...they kind of do everything good...just not great. Reccomend the burnt ends here....sauces is a typical rich, sweet smoky sauce.

8. Zardas. This one I think I problaby rank higher than most in KC...The BBQ BEANS at this place are incredible. Best beans in KC. You can buy them in most local grocery stores. so good. They have some decent specialty sandwiches. The "Hog Wild" or Average Joe are both good.

9. Woodyard BBQ. An off the beaten path type of place...unique in that they operate as a BBQ wood supplier primarily, but also operate a small BBQ joint thats quite small...most of the seating is outdoors so if you do go to this one...pick a nice sit outside kind of day. The pit is outside next to the trees/outdoor seeting as you arrive. Smells so good. These guys offer traditional fare, but usually have a speciality item or 2 at any given moment...if they have it...try the BBQ Cheesesteak...so good! Sauce is typical KC style sauce.

10. Gates. Another of the KC originals. Lives more off reputation than anything these days but you can still get good food here. You may know this places as the joint wehre they yell "HI MAY I HELP YOU!!!" as you are standing in line...you give kind of yell your order back to them..all the years I've been and somehow they never screw up my order when you think surely this disorganized chaotic system can't possibly get good accurate results..but it does somehow. Gates used to have some of the best ribs in town....best way to enjoy gates is either a beef on bun with fries, or just get a mixed plate and share it with a friend. Gates by default, usues their original sauce on things....and gates original sauces is peppery. I really like their sauce, but they also have a sweet n mild version that is also very good and more typical of a KC style sauce you find in most places. They've also got a hot n spicy version. If you aren't sure about the sauce situation, when you are ordering just yell up at the lady....for example beef on bun DRY! Or "MIXED PLATE DRY" they won't put any sauce on it...then you can grab some of each and see what you like. ...don't get me wrong on my rating here...I could eat at GATES all day....but KC has so many others...and better to choose from....

11. Rosedales. The last of the old schoolers...Rosedales is pretty cheap....it's not especially good, but they do have some stuff that's decent and well priced. Smoked sausage sandwich is really good. Alot of folks like the corn nuggets and fried mushrooms. You can probalby get a slab of ribs here cheaper than anywhere else in town. Rosedales has a very vinegary tart sauce....more familiar to texas BBQ than KC. As a kid, my dad would buy a slab here and you'd eat it but try and pick around the sauce...as an adult I can appreciate the sauce now, but it's not for everyone. Hit it up if you like a tart vinegar sauce.....or a cheap slab of ribs (with said tart sauce) ...or a pretty good cheap smoked sausage sandwich.....and some corn nuggets.

Here are few to avoid...in my opinion....the first one might be Rosedales...probalby not a place out of towners ought to try out....would ruin your first ever KC BBQ experience...but its got its good bits...anyhow....

Smokin Guns in Norht KC. Always slow and seems dry and pricy.

Haywards....meh

Danny Edwards. This place has the wierd distinction of not having particullary good BBQ at the restaurant...but their catered meals are pretty damn good. Skip if if you can.

Bandanna's. Not sure they have a location in KC anymore....think they still operate out of St. Joe, MO. Either way...very MEH.

Dickey's Somehow this texas chain remains in businees at various locations...if you happen upon one. DO NOT ENTER. This is Texas chain BBQ. It SUCKS. If you do go in, just remember ths is NOT KC BBQ...we don't claim it. Texas barely claims it.

Want some good sauce to take home? Stop in any KC area grocery store...you'll find a whole damn isle of nothing but BBQ sauce.

FUN FACT: When babies are born in Kc, the hospital gives them a droplet of KC style BBQ sauce

If you find a hole in the wall place not mentioned here...try it...it's most likely good. There are many I didn't mention here.

And last....IF BBQ isn't your thing or you get tired of it and want something else...KC has an incredible mexican food scene that's hidden in the shaddows of the BBQ places.....go hit up 7th Street/Argentine district....Taqueria San Antonio..El Polo Rey and so many others down there...GREAT mexican food.
CC: @zack54attack