If Bears take Carter at #1….

Bust

Liked Posts:
With Carters 3 sacks in 2021 or 3 sacks in 2022? Or with his 7 TFL in 2021 or 8 TFL in 2022.
LOL
Carter is the 4th biggest bust behind Ryan Leaf, Mandrich (Green bay) and JaMarcus Russell

Carter gonna get dirt no doubt on social media. Combine workouts are a huge deal for linemen and will raise or lower his stock. I do agree #1 overall would be poor pick for him tho and means every team called the Bears bluff and didn't pull trigger on trade.

speaking of dirt, good one from back in the day. Burrow with perfect response. Bro is a chad. Making Zac Taylor look like a genius.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
Carter gonna get dirt no doubt on social media. Combine workouts are a huge deal for linemen and will raise or lower his stock. I do agree #1 overall would be poor pick for him tho and means every team called the Bears bluff and didn't pull trigger on trade.

speaking of dirt, good one from back in the day. Burrow with perfect response. Bro is a chad. Making Zac Taylor look like a genius.
You chad bros are weirdos.

Insidiuz

Liked Posts:
This is contrary to every mock draft and analysis I have read. Interesting…..
I agree with him after watching this very detailed video comparing Will vs Carter. I hope we trade down for picks and remain in range to get Carter at 4-5

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I don’t think Anderson is a generational talent. He works hard and it shows. But he’s not a parsons. But I’d love to take him and sign Payne. Now if we don’t get Payne, I don’t care if it’s Anderson or Carter. But I think Anderson will end up with the better career.
What about Tyree Wilson instead?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Carter and Jedeveon Clowney immediately upgrades the D line to upper tier status
Clowney is just that a clown, always hurt and not much impact when he is on the field.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
"Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

"In Emery we trust."

Bears fans

"In Pace we trust."

Bears fans

"In Poles we trust."

Bear Fans
@Rush, this might be a good idea for a new T shirt for sale.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
What about Tyree Wilson instead?
I honestly feel like he is not fluid enough. He’s got the strength though. Most of his pressures came from bull rushes. Now, I’m not saying he can’t be developed. But I only question how fluid and agile he is. You know how sometimes a player is too big or tall for what they are doing and it shows and hinders their playing ability? I’m seeing that with him. But if we get him, I’ll cheer him on. I’ll cheer anyone who has a Bears uniform on. Unless they purposely do not try to work hard. If a player works super hard and just can’t be good, then I can’t fault him for it. Thanks for your effort but we must move on. No hard feelings.

Last edited:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Will Anderson... mehh... he's good, but he doesn't flash special or elite to me. Good, not great size... good, not great athlete... good technique, but stands straight up, average with his hands. Pretty average getting off the ball.

I expect he didn't play for Alabama he would be seen as a 2nd round prospec
t.
bullshit

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been thinking about how little people on here would take in a trade down just so we can get something if no big offers are coming in. Of course it would depend on how far down we would be going. If i can stay in the top 4 to get one of the big two then i'm willing to take something as little as a 1st and 2nd and if i could get anything in 2024 then i'm obviously taking it and might even take a 1st and a 3rd.
in order to get the haul some of the homers on here are dreaming about, we would have to trade out of the top 10, we could stay in the top 5, but the haul will be much smaller, remember teams in the top 5 are rebuilding as well and none of the QB'S are generational prospects

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Here's a nice long breakdown of Jalen Carter vs TCU, OSU, and TN to get a feel for his game.

He's constantly disrupting thru double teams while playing all over the line. He has first step twitch for a big guy, moves OL with devastating power, and compliments his rush moves with consistent hand use.

If his stat line is a problem for you, look at him feeding the other guys on the Georgia DL. He displays a high motor throughout. Put him next to beast like Payne, and you've got something special.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
right now..it's Anderson over carter and i doubt both guys will have long dominating careers. Will reminds me of clowney for many reasons. Carter seems like a guy to check & cash out when he can.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
People miss the fact that every team gets the 16 mil increase and now have more money to retain their own young talent from hitting free agency.

Having tons of cap space and no real existing talent is overrated.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
I’d rather trade out of the top 4 vs taking a player at 1. So if by some chance the Texans and colts don’t want to trade see what the other teams will offer. Somebody will sell the farm to move up. I like Anderson and Carter but I’m not convinced they are these generational game wreckers they are being made out to be.
I would get Anderson at 4. I would like for the Texans to give us their second and we take the colts picks for their 4th. The Colts give up Buckner as well as some picks.

TheRightWay

Liked Posts:
FWIW, Daniel Jeremiah has Carter rated #1 overall in his first top 50 rankings.

I think Carter is the biggest bust of this draft. I just can't get over his numbers

2021 3 sacks, 8 TFL
2022 3 sacks, 7 TFL