OT: Sean “Pill Popping” Payton to Broncos

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
well it may be that wilson pushed for payton too, wilson imo still prob believes he can be the guy in a heavy passing scheme and hackett was just a bad fit for him. i'm just glad bears didn't hire paton for GM, i remember he was a hot name at one point...
Payton prefers a very timing based, quick hitting scheme. Wilson is a lot like Fields in that he looks for the deep ball and big plays. It’s really not a good marriage

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Payton prefers a very timing based, quick hitting scheme. Wilson is a lot like Fields in that he looks for the deep ball and big plays. It’s really not a good marriage
I also think it’s generally a suckers move to give up multiple picks for a coach…especially when a 1st is involved…and especially when your QB is an aging, regressing Wilson that doesn’t have the support of the locker room. Love Payton, but don’t see this ending well

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I also think it’s generally a suckers move to give up multiple picks for a coach…especially when a 1st is involved…and especially when your QB is an aging, regressing Wilson that doesn’t have the support of the locker room. Love Payton, but don’t see this ending well
Broncos have jumped the shark and are making some crappy decisions.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It was made very obvious last year that Russell Wilson needs to change if he wants this last act of his career to not be so bad that it tarnishes his entire legacy.

Bust

Liked Posts:
It was made very obvious last year that Russell Wilson needs to change if he wants this last act of his career to not be so bad that it tarnishes his entire legacy.

what a horrible contract for a soon to be 35 year old.

#brutal

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are in a very weak division but other than that they are a good bet to finish with meager win totals in 2024 and 2025.

= higher picks as they are subpar again this year

*edit*

Many of you guys are probably right. DEN likely won't be as shitty as I first thought.

That said, Russell Wilson is sure to get the Chicago fans' "no more excuses now!" treatment!! a'la Mitch & now Fields (assuming OL & WR are upgraded significantly as expected)

mecha

Liked Posts:
I like how Wilson's over the hill when the likes of Tom Brady have literally had careers more than twice as long. it's a joke, calm down.

Payton will inevitably wish he stayed as the 7th man on FOX. I'm not anticipating Gruden-like impending meltdown in like 3 years, but what's this pill popping thing?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I like how Wilson's over the hill when the likes of Tom Brady have literally had careers more than twice as long. it's a joke, calm down.

Payton will inevitably wish he stayed as the 7th man on FOX. I'm not anticipating Gruden-like impending meltdown in like 3 years, but what's this pill popping thing

The Saints got busted running a pill mill out of their headquarters. The same time that he knocked up a cheerleader and got divorced right after the Bounty Scandal. Class act! Maybe him & Irsay can pop pills together!

pnch40

Liked Posts:
If both 1.30 and 2.41 are on the table and New Orleans is the only team willing to give up first round picks in 2024 and 2025 then I would be hard pressed. Though I'm not sure if that's a deal that really works for either side at the end of the day.
You’re saying you would trade #1 for 1.30 and 2.41 + next years 1st? I’m reading this correctly?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
all the pressure is on Russell Wilson . . .

if Russell Wilson rebounds Payton will get all the credit
if Russell Wilson sucks again, he gonna be the most hated man in denver
I don't think so. Payton will be the hero or Wilson will get the blame. That said. Payton is not a wrote type of Offensive guy and will put the O in a position to use whatever tools are there.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don't think so. Payton will be the hero or Wilson will get the blame. That said. Payton is not a wrote type of Offensive guy and will put the O in a position to use whatever tools are there.
You disagreed, then said the same thing.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The Saints got busted running a pill mill out of their headquarters. The same time that he knocked up a cheerleader and got divorced right after the Bounty Scandal. Class act! Maybe him & Irsay can pop pills together!
I honestly don't give a shit about the bounty scandal. I don't remember ever hearing about saints pill mill though and that is probably something most teams were doing, but it never has really been public and probably caused a ton of issues for former players. I'd be willing to bet opioid issues have had similar consequences on former players that CTE has.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Any news what his contract looks like? If it’s the gruden 10 year deal lol lol

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Drugs in the NFL? No way

mecha

Liked Posts:
I never heard any of this LOL was this when he was suspended for a season?