First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Time to blow this team up. Get Donovan the hell out of my face.

We need to get Ime Udoka in here. I don't care who he bangs (as long as it's consensual, which it was).

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
DeMar is the guy who gets your team to the playoffs, but doesn't go much beyond that. He's also not good enough to simply drag a team there solely by himself.

In San Antonio, he often wasn't enough to get that team into the playoffs (1 appearance in his three years there).

I'd argue during his Toronto years, the East was some weak sauce and thus allowed them to more easily go deeper in the playoffs... as we know, they always got destroyed by LeBron though.
Scoot understands what Demar is.

he even points out how those Toronto teams benefited from a weak East to get as far as they did, which was far enough to get owned by lebron in the eastern playoffs

he points out how SA missed the playoffs more than made them with Demar

Demar is a heavy ISO player that can put up great numbers and get into the playoffs sometimes, but never makes noise in the playoffs because his style of basketball isn’t conducive to winning at the highest level in todays NBA. Put Demar in the 80’s or early 90’s NBA and he might of found more playoff success

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

he even points out how those Toronto teams benefited from a weak East to get as far as they did, which was far enough to get owned by lebron in the eastern playoffs

Demar is a heavy ISO player that can put up great numbers and get into the playoffs sometimes, but never makes noise in the playoffs because his style of basketball isn’t conducive to winning at the highest level in todays NBA. Put Demar in the 80’s or early 90’s NBA and he might of found more playoff success
I argue DeMar would have thrived the most in the early to mid 00's vs the 90's. He mirrored much of his game off Kobe from that time era.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I argue DeMar would have thrived the most in the early to mid 00's vs the 90's. He mirrored much of his game off Kobe from that time era.
How was the game much different in the 90’s and early to mid 2000’s?
The hand check rules were still the same then, correct?

so sure, that time period works as well

basically same rules and style of play, I believe. The rules have helped change the style of play to what we see today

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

I understand demar’s limitations. He’s more of an all-stat than superstar. That said, he’s still the best player on the team and it is factual he has the most playoff appearances on the team with 7. The state of the East during his early Toronto years is fair, but does not change the fact.

Either way, burn it all down. No one cares about this team. Talking to people around town, people couldn’t care less and even my basketball buddies don’t tune in. Stacey and the post game guys have obviously had it with them and are disgusted. Time for some trades.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I understand demar’s limitations. He’s more of an all-stat than superstar. That said, he’s still the best player on the team and it is factual he has the most playoff appearances on the team with 7. The state of the East during his early Toronto years is fair, but does not change the fact.

Either way, burn it all down. No one cares about this team. Talking to people around town, people couldn’t care less and even my basketball buddies don’t tune in. Stacey and the post game guys have obviously had it with them and are disgusted. Time for some trades.
Glad you see it now. Nobody was arguing for there to not be trades. Just found the whole Demar deserves better than this line to be strange

I hope they do trade him and others away. Watch Demar ruin a contenders playoffs while we take a first round pick or two from them

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Glad you see it now. Nobody was arguing for there to not be trades. Just found the whole Demar deserves better than this line to be strange

I hope they do trade him and others away. Watch Demar ruin a contenders playoffs while we take a first round pick or two from them
Lol nothings changed from what I’ve “seen”

DeMar still is the best player on the team and doesn’t have many good years left in all likelihood. Still think he deserves to go to another team that isn’t a colossal disappointment. But that’s just me

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I get your points on Demar, and don't really disagree, but I do want to point out that the teams who have made deep playoff runs still have a guy who is pretty prolific at hitting midrange shots, especially in the playoff context. Middleton, Booker, Tatum, KD, Kyrie, Kawhi to name a few. Difference is, these guys can also knock down 3s at a high volume if they want, Demar hits one per week it seems like. Though an interesting comparison offensively lately is Jimmy Butler who has really toned down the amount of 3s he takes (and only makes 25% of 3s in his Miami tenure). Of course Butler brings so much more defensively than Demar.

All this to say, Demar ain't getting you anywhere as a 1st option for sure, but in the right team context, he would do just fine in the playoffs imo.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I get your points on Demar, and don't really disagree, but I do want to point out that the teams who have made deep playoff runs still have a guy who is pretty prolific at hitting midrange shots, especially in the playoff context. Middleton, Booker, Tatum, KD, Kyrie, Kawhi to name a few. Difference is, these guys can also knock down 3s at a high volume if they want, Demar hits one per week it seems like. Though an interesting comparison offensively lately is Jimmy Butler who has really toned down the amount of 3s he takes (and only makes 25% of 3s in his Miami tenure). Of course Butler brings so much more defensively than Demar.

All this to say, Demar ain't getting you anywhere as a 1st option for sure, but in the right team context, he would do just fine in the playoffs imo.
You gave 2 reasons why he won’t do well in a team context in the playoff…can’t make 3’s and can’t play defense

He is also extremely ISO heavy, and no team wants their 2nd or 3rd best player dominating the ball away from the #1 option.

like imagine if we traded Demar to Dallas. Luka would be so frustrated playing with Demar after a couple weeks

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bulls should honestly trade Demar and re sign Vuc to a team friendly deal if possible. Recoup some draft capital. Vuc has actually played better than most here give him credit for. He also understands how to play team basketball offensively.

only hesitation on extending Vuc for me would be the defensive end, but he’s at least an excellent rebounder.

trade coby too if possible.

Let PWill get about 15 shots per game the rest of the season. He’s showing alot of promise lately, as predicted

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Vuc would be wasted here and I doubt he’d want to sign a team friendly deal when they’re clueless how to use him. He’s a solid enough player that could be useful to teams but this bulls team really has no idea how to play

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Vuc would be wasted here and I doubt he’d want to sign a team friendly deal when they’re clueless how to use him. He’s a solid enough player that could be useful to teams but this bulls team really has no idea how to play
Then you let him walk or trade him before the deadline as well, if AKME has the inclination he won’t sign a team friendly deal. No sense in tying up massive amounts of cap room in an aging C that can’t defend

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Then you let him walk or trade him before the deadline as well, if AKME has the inclination he won’t sign a team friendly deal. No sense in tying up massive amounts of cap room in an aging C that can’t defend
100%

I’d deal him before the deadline.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You gave 2 reasons why he won’t do well in a team context in the playoff…can’t make 3’s and can’t play defense

He is also extremely ISO heavy, and no team wants their 2nd or 3rd best player dominating the ball away from the #1 option.

like imagine if we traded Demar to Dallas. Luka would be so frustrated playing with Demar after a couple weeks
We've only ever seen Demar as the #1 option on a team so we don't really know what he'd play like as a true #2 or #3 option. And while yes you wouldn't want him having a higher usage rate than your #1 player consistently, there is value in having a player who can reliably get a bucket in an iso situation.

And idk if Luka would hate him, he has barely any help over there and his usage rate is super high. Maybe he'd like a break every now and then. Dallas also plays with the slowest pace in the league and does actually posses many shooters, Demar would actually fit half decently into their scheme on paper.

Idk, all I'm saying is that Demar's offensive skillset isn't as awful as people make it out to be for playoff basketball. There is a team context where he works, but of course you have to cover his weaknesses. Miami might actually work pretty decently for him with the group they have there

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Took about 105 points from our "Big 3" plus Pat to beat the Magic bench lol

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’d like to understand how on the final possession down 3, you send out a lineup that doesn’t include PWill in it?

Instead, Demar is out there and Coby is out there. BD is terrible

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
How do you lose a game to a team shooting 39% and 27% from 3.

Ahhh 20 turnovers.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How do you lose a game to a team shooting 39% and 27% from 3.

Ahhh 20 turnovers.
The answer is generally "because you suck worse than that other team"

That held true in this case, though true to form the Bulls competed much better against a superior opponent