**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Instead of using a 1st on Bijan Johnson, what about using a 4th on his back up Roschon Johnson? He has a lot less mileage on his tires and is a freakish athlete.

He’s 6’2”, 220 lbs and runs a 4.3 40. Is already a better blocker that Herbert too. He broke his hand at the Senior Bowl which will help prevent his stock from raising.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Instead of using a 1st on Bijan Johnson, what about using a 4th on his back up Roschon Johnson? He has a lot less mileage on his tires and is a freakish athlete.

He’s 6’2”, 220 lbs and runs a 4.3 40. Is already a better blocker that Herbert too. He broke his hand at the Senior Bowl which will help prevent his stock from raising.

He’s literally my plan B. Ironic, right?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

One of "my guys" in this draft. I think the Bears probably will and probably should move on from Montgomery. And while I love the guy, I just don't think he has the quickness to succeed in the offense the Bears want to run. That being said, if the Bears lose him, they have to replace his ability to get the tough yards inside, his blocking ability and his ability as a receiver. You probably need 2 guys because most players don't have the skillset to do all 3 well. But that's why I love Roschon Johnson. He can do all 3 of those things very well.

With that size, he can get the tough yards inside. He's a proven blocker as a lead blocker in the run game and as a pass protector. He's a really good receiver and a more versatile route runner than Montgomery, IMO. But he also has the quickness and the vision to run the outside zone and has the 1-cut style to hit the cutback lanes and break off big runs.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Caleb Williams remind me of Mahomes way more than Young. His ability to throw off platform is ridiculous and he has that spatial sense, where he can see the field incredibly well even on the run.

Young reminds me more of Drew Brees. Great anticipation and accuracy, understand things presnap at a high level.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Caleb Williams remind me of Mahomes way more than Young. His ability to throw off platform is ridiculous and he has that spatial sense, where he can see the field incredibly well even on the run.

Young reminds me more of Drew Brees. Great anticipation and accuracy, understand things presnap at a high level.
The more I watch Bryce Young the more I’m impressed. If he was 3 inches taller, he would be a generational prospect. His footwork, IQ, speed, and arm talent are all special. He already understands how to move up in the pocket and take advantage of angles.

It’s quite interesting to see how much someone’s weight and height is tainting evaluations. I would think the way the NFL protects QBs these days, it wouldn’t be viewed as such a big deal at it is with Young.

For the record, I still prefer Fields - just find it interesting how height is having such a drastic impact on evaluations.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The more I watch Bryce Young the more I’m impressed. If he was 3 inches taller, he would be a generational prospect. His footwork, IQ, speed, and arm talent are all special. He already understands how to move up in the pocket and take advantage of angles.

It’s quite interesting to see how much someone’s weight and height is tainting evaluations. I would think the way the NFL protects QBs these days, it wouldn’t be viewed as such a big deal at it is with Young.

For the record, I still prefer Fields - just find it interesting how height is having such a drastic impact on evaluations.
Much lower margin for error at 5'11 simply because so many players are so much taller. But yes, he's really good technically.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

QBs still get hit a fuck ton. Dude is smaller than Tua. There is also the question of whether he will be able to see throwing lanes particularly short and over the middle.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
QBs still get hit a fuck ton. Dude is smaller than Tua. There is also the question of whether he will be able to see throwing lanes particularly short and over the middle.
The amount of hits a QB takes depends on if the QB runs often or holds onto the ball. Young knows how to get rid of the ball pretty quick, which could help his durability. He also doesn’t run nearly as often as other mobile QBs.

We will need to see what his measurements are, because I’ve seen his height range from 5’10 to 6’. I’ve also read reports that he will be 200 lbs by the combine. How much does the narrative change if he measures 6’, 200 lbs?

Have you followed Kyler Murray’s career? He was 5’10” a 207 lbs when he entered the league. He has seemed to hold up health wise, minus this recent non contact injury. Have throwing lanes been an issue?