Orlando Brown vs Mike McGlinchey

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brown has been called "the 10th best OT in the league, who wants top 2 money" by a prior GM. Also not a scheme fit with the speed for Bears' outside zone. PLUS he'd want LT, which is at least for now, adequately filled.

Let's get solid RT that won't be a MAJOR overpay who actually fits the scheme. ? Whether McGlichey, FA, or draft pick IDC.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Brad is going to be at least a top 15 LT this coming year. Dude just needs to learn how to drop anchor and improve strength and he's got the whole offseason to work on it.

McGlinchey and it's not even remotely close.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
so the same people who don't know Orlando Brown will be suicidal when the Bears don't sign him because they don't know football like you do?
First, I literally said the exact opposite of people NOT knowing Brown. Second, I didn't say anyone didn't know football. I said didn't watch football. Third, I didn't say I did know football. Just making an observation.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
First, I literally said the exact opposite of people NOT knowing Brown. Second, I didn't say anyone didn't know football. I said didn't watch football. Third, I didn't say I did know football. Just making an observation.
my bad, just waiting on the draft

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't your wife beat you? Did you meat her in the coast guard?
Never been in the Coast Guard and my wife has only ever beaten me in an enjoyable manner.

So you joined in with the mong gang who sits around playing pretend all day? Congratulations!

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't snack. Talk, fella. The truth will free your soul.
K.I have lost a lot of weight eating kale salads and drinking soy.

So is the source of your bitterness and hostility your front-butt that prevented you from becoming Admiral TugBoat, or was it something else?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
K.I have lost a lot of weight eating kale salads and drinking soy.

So is the source of your bitterness and hostility your front-butt that prevented you from becoming Admiral TugBoat, or was it something else?
Don't have a front butt so no hostility there. Kale and soy made you this stupid and cringe though? Will have to take note of that, not that I'd ever consume such garbage but I can warn the masses.

This Admiral TugBoat was your daddy whomst tugged your ding-a-ling? I hope he goes to jail. Look what he's done to you.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So what is the source of your bitterness and hostility, tubby?

J2hotnspicyy

Liked Posts:
I personally don't want Braxton protecting Fields blindside. I don't know why people are so confident in him in that role, as a 5th rounder. Would rather get a Paris Johnson who could be your next 6-10 year starting LT, and try moving Braxton to RT. Braxton only became the LT out of desperation, I don't think it needs to stick.

I also think Poles' get lean philosophy was specific to last year's offensive line, when our talent was low and we needed a way to sell our offensive line's potential. A pure running line, and avoiding having Fields air it out, was out of necessity. While he may incorporate some of that going forward, I don't think he's as beholden to it as some seem to think, as we start filling that position with talent.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I would not be surprised if McGlinchey is the first guy Poles signs. Plays in the same system so it would be a seamless transition to go from 9ers to Bears, and he fills a huge need at RT.
I agree. He prob wont also command a crazy deal. He’s probably the safest

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Some of you guys are going to be suicidal when they don't get Orlando Brown and sign a bunch of guys that aren't on your radar because you only casually watch football and have only heard of the big names.

I don't see where no name scrubs were offered.
OK, my both wasn't offered either. In that case I'll take McGlinchey and Skoronski and we can wait until next year for the must have top 10 pass rush.
I guess a plan to fix the team that's available and affordable isn't allowed. We must keep sucking as long as possible.

If Poles does what you seem to want and load up oline with scrubs again I won't be suicidal, I'll just be done with the Bears unless what he does works faster and better like it has never worked before. I don't know what I can do in retirement during the winter but it has to be better than watching the Bears out Brown the Browns.