CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don’t care about the osu connection just want good players. I’m down for oline as well.
I know there are a couple examples out there, but the biggest is the Joe Burrow-Jamar Chase situation. I get the feeling that (lazy) people think it's an idea that will always work, and not realizing that Burrow and Chase are just superior players. I obviously ride or die with Justin Fields, but I just don't know if JSN is in the mold of Jamar Chase. And if he's not, then I think there are players on either side of the ball that can help you more.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
My personal preference is still to only trade down a spot and take Will Anderson, but if they decide to trade down further than that, I am fully on board with JSN or Paris Johnson. Both players make a ton of sense for this team. I'd lean slightly in the direction of JSN, due to him being a skill position player, but I wouldn't hate Johnson being the selection if they were to trade down in that 9-11 range. The only pick I'd hate in that spot would be Skronski.

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
I know there are a couple examples out there, but the biggest is the Joe Burrow-Jamar Chase situation. I get the feeling that (lazy) people think it's an idea that will always work, and not realizing that Burrow and Chase are just superior players. I obviously ride or die with Justin Fields, but I just don't know if JSN is in the mold of Jamar Chase. And if he's not, then I think there are players on either side of the ball that can help you more.

OSU has been a WR factory over the past 5 years - that's the other element of the whole OSU thing.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
OSU has been a WR factory over the past 5 years - that's the other element of the whole OSU thing.
I understand that. My confidence, or lack thereof, has to do with this individual.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
His moves, route running skills and short field quickness are unparalleled in this draft and top 3-5 in the NFL too.

He will be an amazing receiver in the nfl.

Injury problems are only concern for me and maybe attitude bc I don’t know the kid. But he checks all the other boxes for slot receivers.

Even in the bears, with trust already built with Fields, he’d have at minimum 50 receptions but I’d guess more like 60-70 with 1000 yards or so and 5-7 td’s.

Route running, football iq, great moves and short burst are far more important than tall with long speed.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems to be a few on here flat out ASSUMING that he's SLOW b/c they haven't seen a 40 time ...YET. Will he really not do one at his pro day?

There's always going to be outliers to compare to like Jerry Rice & Kupp. No way should we expect that, but having faster quickness measures than them is nothing to ignore and simply gives perspective.

I for one, am tired of chasing top 40 speed WRs. Nagy had a stable of 4.3 WRs, but was too ignorant to use them correctly IF they were even good at running routes, etc. We'll never know, but I'm ready for a polished route running prospect for once.

Undebatable is that Fields needs someone who can get open and in under 3 seconds, whether it's JSN, another WR, or even one of this strong crop of TEs as a later pick.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Some of these hot takes are pretty cringe. JSN will not produce a blazing fast 40 (that isn't totally botched by hand times) because he isn't fast and has never shown to be that kind of player on the football field. He is however quick to get up to his top gear. He's a 4.55-4.6 kinda guy on tape. It's fine. Let it be. It won't define his success on the field.

I personally don't care if he pulls out 4.4 flat at his proday, because it doesn't translate. In the same token I don't care if he runs 4.6 flat.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Some of these hot takes are pretty cringe. JSN will not produce a blazing fast 40 (that isn't totally botched by hand times) because he isn't fast and has never shown to be that kind of player on the football field. He is however quick to get up to his top gear. He's a 4.55-4.6 kinda guy on tape. It's fine. Let it be. It won't define his success on the field.

I personally don't care if he pulls out 4.4 flat at his proday, because it doesn't translate. In the same token I don't care if he runs 4.6 flat.
I hear you. 4.62 hasn’t been a detriment to Mr. Kupp.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Sitting here thinking, I would love for the Bears to bring in two primary draft picks in this draft. Anderson and JSN. There is just something about these two fellows that tell me they are going to be both all pros.
Now you’re getting greedy!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My personal preference is still to only trade down a spot and take Will Anderson, but if they decide to trade down further than that, I am fully on board with JSN or Paris Johnson. Both players make a ton of sense for this team. I'd lean slightly in the direction of JSN, due to him being a skill position player, but I wouldn't hate Johnson being the selection if they were to trade down in that 9-11 range. The only pick I'd hate in that spot would be Skronski.
I hear you. Perhaps if they can make the trade with Houston for both the 2nd and 12th pick, they can then move up to get JSN?