Spring Training

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm fine with it. With the DH in use and a HR stick at SS they should do fine there. Better than Wisdom 300 SO season.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He made a nice pick and throw the other day. I worry about the arm but it looked good. Nothing spectacular but serviceable
The thing is that you're not gonna have a Gold Glover at every postion(although the Cubs are trying)....seviceable is fine. I'd just like to see him take a few more pitches and get on base a bit more. I'd prefer him at leadoff if he could pull that off.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
So far it seems our pitching is looking really good. If the staff can be top 5 in the MLB, we can reach that ceiling of 90 wins, with some health luck.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So far it seems our pitching is looking really good. If the staff can be top 5 in the MLB, we can reach that ceiling of 90 wins, with some health luck.

Might be a reach. Cubs lack a true ace. That is the core problem. Talion might take a step up with his new slider. But I just don't see them beating the Cards and Brewers.

If they do well the first half you pretty much know a ace and a closer are on the shopping list mid season. That changes the dynamic

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think what is most impressive and encouraging is that at first glance that play doesn’t look so great because it’s so fluid and looks effortless.
Yes and he is 20. 90 % dont make the play

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Would be pretty amazing if Jed Extends Bellenger. Moves him to 1B while cutting Hosmer and promoting PCA all in the same day this season.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
PCA reminds me of a faster Jim Edmonds.

Don’t know how much mlb time he gets cuz of Belli but he’s going to be a star.

What if Wesneski becomes the ace of this team?

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Might be a reach. Cubs lack a true ace. That is the core problem. Talion might take a step up with his new slider. But I just don't see them beating the Cards and Brewers.

If they do well the first half you pretty much know a ace and a closer are on the shopping list mid season. That changes the dynamic
The definition of a ceiling typically includes that reach.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The definition of a ceiling typically includes that reach.

I would be happy with 86 wins as a high water. 78 as a low water.

90+ it would take a green light to go over cap. Top b e honest it would be a perfect storm.

2015 was that. But they had 1st round talent they promoted early season. Even then it would have not made a difference except Jake pulled a cy young year.

soooo it is beyond a reach. I would just be happy with +500. They sell high on Bellinger and PCA takes over in CF headlining the beginning of the next generation.

Then with that in hand Jed spends on impact talent. Ohtani would be a huge acquisition. That is when the Cubs start looking the part of contender.

This year. Injury to Suzuki. Hendricks still out. 3B as a training ground for pretenders. Hosmer rated as the worst D 1B since 2016. Ya the article is out there with the facts.

It is going to be a interesting year. But not a contending year.

Last edited:

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I would be happy with 86 wins as a high water. 78 as a low water.

90+ it would take a green light to go over cap. Top b e honest it would be a perfect storm.

2015 was that. But they had 1st round talent they promoted early season. Even then it would have not made a difference except Jake pulled a cy young year.

soooo it is beyond a reach. I would just be happy with +500. They sell high on Bellinger and PCA takes over in CF headlining the beginning of the next generation.

Then with that in hand Jed spends on impact talent. Ohtani would be a huge acquisition. That is when the Cubs start looking the part of contender.

This year. Injury to Suzuki. Hendricks still out. 3B as a training ground for pretenders. Hosmer rated as the worst D 1B since 2016. Ya the article is out there with the facts.

It is going to be a interesting year. But not a contending year.
Well, my issue is the central is dog piss.

IF, and that’s a huge if, the starting pitching holds up there’s a slim chance they can play for a wild card. A very slim chance, but still a chance. I’m more for a development year but if the cubs can bring this offense into the regular season who knows…

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well, my issue is the central is dog piss.

IF, and that’s a huge if, the starting pitching holds up there’s a slim chance they can play for a wild card. A very slim chance, but still a chance. I’m more for a development year but if the cubs can bring this offense into the regular season who knows…
This. There isn’t a team in the central that scares me. Not saying the cubs win the division, but I don’t think their odds are much worse than the other teams either

CSF77

Liked Posts:
#happy that Sampson got slapped
#lose the pretenders