Poles spending 1/5th of the $100 M cap last week on a sub 1,000 yd “#1” WR has changed this

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If we don’t figure it out in the draft, we’ll resolve it in tanpering. Cool your jets

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
And then only $16m the 2 following years. There's plenty of money this year.

Compare Moore's history with Robinson. Moore has been consistently just under 1200yds with bad QBs. Robinson hit a goat worthy 1400yds his 2nd year and never again.

With Robinson Trubisky owns the Bears fastest to 10K record formerly held by McMahon. I'm very sure Fields is better than Trubisky and Moore is better than Robinson. It's not my money, I think it's very much worth the gamble.
In fact give me more please. I've been talked into Bijan.

Rise

Liked Posts:
No thanks to Bijan at 9. They need dline help desperately. Hopefully Tyree or Carter are available, if not go oline with Paris. If all 3 are gone trade back.

I’m not saying they don’t need to upgrade at rb they do, I just think you can find that later.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fridays "News Dump."

:gfto:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My takeaway is do not draft allen robinson even though he has already been drafted and is available again for trade to the bears

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
No thanks to Bijan at 9. They need dline help desperately. Hopefully Tyree or Carter are available, if not go oline with Paris. If all 3 are gone trade back.

I’m not saying they don’t need to upgrade at rb they do, I just think you can find that later.

Messing with On The Clock all of your hopes have been gone a majority of the time. When I take someone else he is gone right after. My go to ranking is Huddle Report. They have him at #6. It's not BPA if you exclude positions because you don't like them.
And why are you even talking about it in this thread about cap instead the thread about him?

I also would rather have Paris because I want a real LT and the draft is how to get one a lot cheaper than FA. I figure McGlinchey is going to cost another $20m. An LT on top of that even if it isn't McGlinchey is going to add up and get us down to around $30m-$40m left.

My takeaway is do not draft allen robinson even though he has already been drafted and is available again for trade to the bears

He was a late 2nd. He was very much worth his draft. But not our tag and barely our contract. Moore may or may not be worth this year's $20m but he probably is worth the next 2 years' $16m even if Fields isn't the guy because we'll have a different guy that needs better WRs than the crap we've been feeding to rookie QBs.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A play maker at 9. Best player at that position. Any position would be fine with me.
I have a feeling that they are going to trade down a few spots. Depending on how the board falls. If Carter is still on the board, I predict the Bears will draft him at 9. If not, I can see them going back a few spots. I wouldn’t be surprised if it were with the Jets, for their 13th, 43rd, and something like a ‘24 3rd.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling that they are going to trade down a few spots. Depending on how the board falls. If Carter is still on the board, I predict the Bears will draft him at 9. If not, I can see them going back a few spots. I wouldn’t be surprised if it were with the Jets, for their 13th, 43rd, and something like a ‘24 3rd.

:speechless:

Bust

Liked Posts:

if a QB needy team finds Will Levis still available at #9 I can see Poles wheeling and dealing.

This is what the Chiefs gave up back in the day for #10 overall
  • Kansas City Chiefs received: No. 10 pick in 2017 NFL Draft (Patrick Mahomes)
  • Buffalo Bills received: No. 27 pick in 2017 NFL Draft (Tre'Davious White); third-round 2017 pick (this pick was packaged in a trade that led to Buffalo taking both tackle Dion Dawkins and receiver Zay Jones); first-round 2018 pick (used to trade up and take linebacker Tremaine Edmunds; Buffalo also drafted defensive back Siran Neal with a final pick acquired along with Edmunds)

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We’ll see. I called the Carolina/Moore trade. I could be wrong, but I saw the current Jets brass make similar Draft day decisions. It’s not out of line, considering what the Jets gave up to Minn, to trade up to the middle of the 1st round in ‘21.

The Bears are still holding a top 10 pick…

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
if a QB needy team finds Will Levis still available at #9 I can see Poles wheeling and dealing.

This is what the Chiefs gave up back in the day for #10 overall
  • Kansas City Chiefs received: No. 10 pick in 2017 NFL Draft (Patrick Mahomes)
  • Buffalo Bills received: No. 27 pick in 2017 NFL Draft (Tre'Davious White); third-round 2017 pick (this pick was packaged in a trade that led to Buffalo taking both tackle Dion Dawkins and receiver Zay Jones); first-round 2018 pick (used to trade up and take linebacker Tremaine Edmunds; Buffalo also drafted defensive back Siran Neal with a final pick acquired along with Edmunds)

The Jets are certainly QB needy. Fuck Saleh’ s coach speak. There is no coming back from benching your high 1st round QB. Wilson is done in NY.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
We’ll see. I called the Carolina/Moore trade. I could be wrong, but I saw the current Jets brass make similar Draft day decisions. It’s not out of line, considering what the Jets gave up to Minn, to trade up to the middle of the 1st round in ‘21.

The Bears are still holding a top 10 pick…

I don't mind the trade down idea it's the value of that was enough to get Detroit off their #6 without the future. I didn't look at the future but that included might be enough to move them up to #5 because without the future it was well over the #6.
If that valuable of a player is at #9 we need him no matter what position it is.

That trade would probably take our top 3rd with no futures or low rounds from either team. The premium they pay is the talent difference turning their 2nd into our 3rd.

The example you gave is Vikings got 1180, Jets got 1134.5 going by this year's chart which isn't overly accurate because of comps.
What you offered us was about 300 over value without the future. If you dropped the 2nd to their 3rd and no future for our 9 it would be 20 over and that would be more reasonable.

Hard to say because of player value but we lost 10 on the trade down. They won't quibble over 10s - 50s for the right deal. They will quibble over 100s.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Missing is the part where CAR ate their share of dead cap for Moore (~$15mil this season IIRC), while the Bears can restructure to take some of this $$ off the cap as signing bonus, etc. while still contributing the total contract to the larger floor spending which they MUST spend.

Please correct or clarify if I'm wrong here but it's not necc $20 mil off this year's cap.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Missing is the part where CAR ate their share of dead cap for Moore (~$15mil this season IIRC), while the Bears can restructure to take some of this $$ off the cap as signing bonus, etc. while still contributing the total contract to the larger floor spending which they MUST spend.

Please correct or clarify if I'm wrong here but it's not necc $20 mil off this year's cap.

No, but it would probably be best, in the remaining years, to take the biggest cap hit this season.