Did Poles gives Fields enough tools to be successful next season?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears will likely get a RT in the draft. Next off season will likely be defensive focused and where Bears get their 3 technique to solidify the defense.

LT: Braxton Jones
LG: Nate Davis
C: Cody Whitehair, Lucas Patrick
RG: Teven Jenkins
RT: Rookie
WR1: DJ Moore
WR2: Chase Claypool
SWR: Darnell Mooney
TE: Cole Kmet, Tonyan
RB D'Onta Foreman, Khalil Herbert, Homer

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears will likely get a RT in the draft. Next off season will likely be defensive focused and where Bears get their 3 technique to solidify the defense.

He didn't get the Tua type package deal if that's what you mean.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Can the O line improve? It was terrible last year.

Is adding Moore enough to elevate the receiving corps to average?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
We were already the #1 rushing team in the league. I'm not sure we improved at all as a better pass protecting team. We lost our better pass protecting RB.

I think Tonyan may be a good secondary option at TE.

But in reality, DJ Moore is really the only major difference maker to our offense. Is he enough? No. We were league worst in percentage of sacks given up on dropbacks last year...and it wasn't even close. Poles needs to spend his 1st rd pick on a Tackle at minimum and probably one of his 2nds on an interior OL, preferably a top Center with versatility to play Guard. Otherwise, our offense won't be much different.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Yes. It's enough to succeed on offense. It is slightly above league average now IMO.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
I expect more contributions from Claypool next year as he has a year to learn the playbook (if he does that, I don’t know). DJ Moore is already an upgrade over anybody we had last year. Our oline got a little better and hopefully it keeps getting better in the draft. I think we have enough weapons around Fields to determine if he really is the future this season or if he’s always going to be a running QB first his whole career. I wouldn’t say we’re elite on that side of the ball, but we are pretty good.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Starting with the RBs, I think that group has improved. We know what we have in Herbert. I think in this system Foreman is an improvement over Monty. His vision is much better. Homer is a good 3rd down back and ST contributor.

The Wr group has greatly improved with the addition of Moore. Claypool gets a full offseason to practice with Fields. Mooney is a solid contributor.

Similar to Wr, adding Davis alone helps out the OL tremendously. The IOL can be a special group between Jenkins and Davis. I see Braxton taking a big step forward and solidifying LT. Unfortunately RT is a question mark right now. And I don’t see how Patrick beats out Whitehair at center. Cody at C is an improvement over Mustipher or Patrick as long as he fixes his snapping issues.

Rise

Liked Posts:
They have enough skill position players but the offensive line is still horrible so no. Fields will have to run for his life again unless something changes.

Whitehair and Patrick should be backups at best. I like Jenkins but they don’t seem to plus can he stay healthy? Jones should develop more but I would like a sure thing at tackle which doesn’t appear to be happening. If they can find a solid center and RT or LT then yes they have enough to compete.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Yes good enough to field a competitive offense. Fields scrambling ability should help the O-line a little bit and if there were any weakness, that would be the one he could best compensate for.

If Bears can grab a starting OL and starting RB in the draft that would be great.

J2hotnspicyy

Liked Posts:
Its clearly in much better shape, though work’s not done yet. Claypool with an offseason and training camp will do wonders for him, obviously Moore, Tonyan a nice add, Braxton not being a rookie and given time to add strength. And honestly, the interior line of Nate/Cody/Jenkins is pretty strong.

Montgomery was solid fundamentally, but he averaged 3.9yds. You can pop between Homer and D’onta if they were averaging as low. Think its a solid backfield, and could still see them drafting rb. Probably not until late though given the holes

RT being the big remaining one. I think they grab Skoronski for his NFL readiness, though he isn’t the desired measurables of RT. I would think grab Paris and think longterm, but if that were the plan I think having a veteran RT for year one would have been ideal.

Its the last question mark hanging over what Poles will have out there for Justin. But I trust the direction we’ve been heading and much more excited than last year’s desperate wr room

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The team is not ready to compete for a Superbowl, by any stretch. That being said they are going to be much improved over last year and will be in WC discussion for a bit. I'd like to see a better defensive front 4 and another olineman. That later two parts could take this and next year to develop properly.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I expect more contributions from Claypool next year as he has a year to learn the playbook (if he does that, I don’t know). DJ Moore is already an upgrade over anybody we had last year. Our oline got a little better and hopefully it keeps getting better in the draft. I think we have enough weapons around Fields to determine if he really is the future this season or if he’s always going to be a running QB first his whole career. I wouldn’t say we’re elite on that side of the ball, but we are pretty good.
DJ Moore is better than anyone we've had in a long, long time. Statistically speaking, ever.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
DJ Moore is better than anyone we've had in a long, long time. Statistically speaking, ever.
I've heard he has weaknesses that keep him out of the "true #1" conversation. I haven't heard what those are, but they may be similar to those of Allen Lazard?