KEK Packers have lowered their ask from 2 first rounders for Aaron to just one, and Jets think that's too much!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Again, the Packers do have the leverage in that they don't have to trade him YET. They can wait till June. As long as they are ok with the compensation coming in next years draft. The Jets can't wait that long to sign Rodgers.

But once you get to a certain point, the Packers risk losing Rodgers for next to nothing.

Do the Packers really want to hold a HOF QB hostage though that played 18 years for them just to squeak out an extra draft pick? Does their relationship with him matter over the next 50 years? Personally, I think the Packers are going to do the right thing and trade a player that wants to be traded sooner rather than later. And they might not get the exact compensation they want, but at least it will be in this year's draft.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If I was the Jets I would simply invite Lamar in for a talk and/or a tryout, or even sell that premise to willing journalists in NYC.

I think that would move the needle towards the NYJ and away from GB - costs nothing, probably saves picks and/or millions in trade value

Got to assume GM's understand how to negotiate ??

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Fair compensation will be a conditional pick based on how well the Jets perform as a team. Start with a 3rd rounder that can turn into a 1st rounder in a later year if they make the Super Bowl. Packers will likely not get anything for this draft.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
The Jets can wait until training camp and GB cannot. That favors the Jets.
The Packers have their starting QB in place. The Jets do not.
Screenshot_20230318-093637_(1).png
Andrew Brandt is not some blowhard like you little Bears fans like to quote. You clowns quote the likes of Mike Florio the Vikings fan craving clicks on his NFL gossip site. Hilarious that is your source for news. It's no wonder you clueless morons are completely delusional to the reality of situations.

Andrew has been on the front lines of these deals and knows how actual "leverage" in a negotiation works and who has it, because he has actually been involved in them. Highly respected and credible
Screenshot_20230318-094255_(1).png
I know you are very obsessed and concerned, but all is well in Green Bay per usual.
200w-15.gif
Stop sitting there crying about the Packers and enjoy the rest of this wonderful weekend. I know I will.
scarface-al-pacino.gif

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And in the end. Matt Stafford was worth more than Aaron Rodgers. And he did something Aaron will never do to for the Jets, he delivered.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
This trade is more likely to fall through than go to completion. Packers’ FO all but said they don’t want Rodgers and Rodgers says he wants to play for the Jets. Jets are in the driver seat.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The Packers have their starting QB in place. The Jets do not.
View attachment 27471
Andrew Brandt is not some blowhard like you little Bears fans like to quote. You clowns quote the likes of Mike Florio the Vikings fan craving clicks on his NFL gossip site. Hilarious that is your source for news. It's no wonder you clueless morons are completely delusional to the reality of situations.

Andrew has been on the front lines of these deals and knows how actual "leverage" in a negotiation works and who has it, because he has actually been involved in them. Highly respected and credible
View attachment 27473
I know you are very obsessed and concerned, but all is well in Green Bay per usual.
View attachment 27475
Stop sitting there crying about the Packers and enjoy the rest of this wonderful weekend. I know I will.
View attachment 27476

You think the Packers would be comfortable with the status quo of bringing Rodgers back for another year and having future Hall of Famer Jordan Love ride the pine for another year?

If Love is so good and they’re wanting Rodgers gone, why would they be comfortable with that? And why would you as a fan be comfortable with that?

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
This trade is more likely to fall through than go to completion. Packers’ FO all but said they don’t want Rodgers and Rodgers says he wants to play for the Jets. Jets are in the driver seat.
Why do you think the deal isn't done moron? If the Jets were in the drivers seat they would have already completed the trade they are 100% desperate to get done.

The Packers are kicking back chillin', and waiting for the Jets to cave to their demands.

The longer this takes the better it is for the Pack.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
You think the Packers would be comfortable with the status quo of bringing Rodgers back for another year and having future Hall of Famer Jordan Love ride the pine for another year?

If Love is so good and they’re wanting Rodgers gone, why would they be comfortable with that? And why would you as a fan be comfortable with that?
Jordan Love is the starting QB right now with Aaron on the roster and would be in July if Aaron is still on the roster.

What about that don't you understand moron?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Jordan Love is the starting QB right now with Aaron on the roster and would be in July if Aaron is still on the roster.

What about that don't you understand moron?
No need for name-calling. Just trying to figure out your thought process.

So you’re saying the Packers are comfortable moving forward with Rodgers and his massive cap hit riding the bench, with Jordan Love starting?

I can guarantee you that won’t happen.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
No need for name-calling. Just trying to figure out your thought process.

So you’re saying the Packers are comfortable moving forward with Rodgers and his massive cap hit riding the bench, with Jordan Love starting?

I can guarantee you that won’t happen.
The cap hit is more by trading him than it would be for keeping him on the roster. And goes down even more if a trade happens after June 1st.

Yes, in the end the trade will happen, but on the Packers terms. The Packers have their QB in the building. They don't give a fuck how long this takes.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The cap hit is more by trading him than it would be for keeping him on the roster.

Yes, in the end the trade will happen, but on the Packers terms. The Packers have their QB in the building. They don't give a fuck how long this takes.

But do they *have to* trade him?

Being comfortable with the status quo would mean keeping him on the team. Do you think the Packers are comfortable bringing him back for another year, but having him ride the bench?

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
But do they *have to* trade him?

Being comfortable with the status quo would mean keeping him on the team. Do you think the Packers are comfortable bringing him back for another year, but having him ride the bench?
The answer to do they have to trade him is no.

Aaron is the one who wouldn't be fine with coming back and riding the bench. Trust me, we get to the end of July and this is still going on...Aaron will force the Jets to the complete the trade or he retires. Aaron is even more leverage for the Packers.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
The answer to do they have to trade him is no.

Aaron is the one who wouldn't be fine with coming back and riding the bench. Trust me, we get to the end of July and this is still going on...Aaron will force the Jets to the complete the trade or he retires. Aaron is even more leverage for the Packers.
Why would they give up draft picks for an old has-been diva that will do his diva thing every year, he just said he was 90 % leaning towards retirement. So a one-year rental in a stacked AFC QB room for draft capital?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Why do you think the deal isn't done moron? If the Jets were in the drivers seat they would have already completed the trade they are 100% desperate to get done.

The Packers are kicking back chillin', and waiting for the Jets to cave to their demands.

The longer this takes the better it is for the Pack.

The longer it draws out the worse it gets for the Packers. The Jets can sit back and trade for Lamar Jackson if they wanted if the Packers won’t budge on multiple first round picks. The cost is the same and one QB isn’t 40 years old that could retire after this season. They could also trade those first rounders to move up in this draft to select a QB that could play another 15 years.

The Jets only need competent QB play not Aaron Rodgers. They could trade for Matt Ryan and more than likely get the same output that Rodgers would provide. I don’t think you get that Rodgers’ skills and decision making have dropped off a cliff.

The last thing the Packers want is Rodgers on the roster once training camp opens. The Jets have options the Packers do not.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
And just wait until Rodgers floats that he will retire if he isn’t playing for the Jets. The Packers will have to cut half the team to get under the cap for this year. The Packers have ZERO leverage.