**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Why sign a guy to play left guard when his entire career both college and professional all he’s done is play right guard? Seems like a pretty stupid move if thats the case. And I don’t think Poles is stupid.
Easy answer. Because the RG that was on the roster was amongst the best in the league and better than Davis. Who flipping cares if Davis only played RG before? What position did Jenkins play before Poles came aboard? Moving Davis to LG is the simple solution and a good one. Davis-Cody (or rookie)-Jenkins.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I totally agree.

He’s big and athletic.

Passes the eye test.

Good NFL comp:
Watching this clip; his body type, burst and the way he moves, I see Deebo. He looks like more of a pure receiver and route runner but the YAC is there. Would be a fan of this pick.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Different isn't bad! And heck, who's to say that he can't turn into a joker of a matchup in rotation? I don't mind spending an earlier pick on a role player if it ends up working out and contributing to wins.
Too bad you never know in advance, huh!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I dont think it really matters who plays LG or RG. Think either Jenkins or Davis will be fine either way.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Easy answer. Because the RG that was on the roster was amongst the best in the league and better than Davis. Who flipping cares if Davis only played RG before? What position did Jenkins play before Poles came aboard? Moving Davis to LG is the simple solution and a good one. Davis-Cody (or rookie)-Jenkins.

Because if you’ve ever listened to lineman you’d know that not everyone can just simply flip sides successfully. Some guys do it easily. Some don’t.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
vjydijnhucoa1.jpg

39 people have paid Rex Grossman on Cameo.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Because if you’ve ever listened to lineman you’d know that not everyone can just simply flip sides successfully. Some guys do it easily. Some don’t.

Sure, but Davis already said he doesn’t care and will play whatever position is asked. I’d be surprised if that wasn’t discussed during negotiations

Poles and Co. came aboard and immediately switched Jenkins position…and Borom’s. Most guys can transition to LG from RG without a problem and I’d argue most would play better at LG. If Poles plan was to take one of the best RGs and move him to LG while putting an inferior player at RG, I’d be concerned. It makes no sense

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
His avg per year is 12th in the league for guards. (5th at RG) That’s big money.

What don’t you get about “money talks”? That’s the way the world works.
He may end up there, but I think they are more than open to putting him at LG. It will be best overall team fit. LG and RG are much more interchangeable than T, so I imagine he has the ability to play both at a high level. Plus Davis was open to it.

I honestly don't think any player is inked in anywhere, closest would be B Jones. Cody could be LG, C, cut. Patrick C, G, bench. Davis RG, LG. Jenkins RG, LG, RT, traded.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sure, but Davis already said he doesn’t care and will play whatever position is asked. I’d be surprised if that wasn’t discussed during negotiations

Poles and Co. came aboard and immediately switched Jenkins position…and Borom’s. Most guys can transition to LG from RG without a problem and I’d argue most would play better at LG. If Poles plan was to take one of the best RGs and move him to LG while putting an inferior player at RG, I’d be concerned. It makes no sense

And neither does paying a guy 30 million to play a position he hasn’t played since HS.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He may end up there, but I think they are more than open to putting him at LG. It will be best overall team fit. LG and RG are much more interchangeable than T, so I imagine he has the ability to play both at a high level. Plus Davis was open to it.

I honestly don't think any player is inked in anywhere, closest would be B Jones. Cody could be LG, C, cut. Patrick C, G, bench. Davis RG, LG. Jenkins RG, LG, RT, traded.

He very well might. But we don’t know that now do we?