**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think we need to do a little more to improve pass protection on this OL or we will go through another season of 15 pass attempts per game and Fields running for his life. What that really means, is we wont be able to evaluate Fields as a passer or any of our Receivers and TEs, for yet another year. As it is, Poles is now forced to take an OT at #9 and a C in early rounds, and assume both pan out as starting quality players from day 1. Shifting T Jenkins from RG to RT would be a very Bears thing to do, since he seems to perform very well at RG.
Poles is not forced to do anything in the draft.

Why do fans use terms like "a very Bears thing to do" when we have a completely different regime?

And moving a guy drafted as a T to RT would hardly be the craziest thing a team could do.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Poles is not forced to do anything in the draft.

Why do fans use terms like "a very Bears thing to do" when we have a completely different regime?

And moving a guy drafted as a T to RT would hardly be the craziest thing a team could do.
You are in denial of how consistently shit and dumb this franchise has been the past 30 years

TL1961

Liked Posts:
His avg per year is 12th in the league for guards. (5th at RG) That’s big money.

What don’t you get about “money talks”? That’s the way the world works.
The amount of money they are paying doesn't affect which is better. Play guys wherever it creates the best combination. What each makes means nothing. Davis himself has indicated he's not set at one position. He's not Orlando Brown Jr who apparently had to play a specific position because of where his dad played.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Because if you’ve ever listened to lineman you’d know that not everyone can just simply flip sides successfully. Some guys do it easily. Some don’t.
True. And that will be a valid reason in determining the best fits and best combination.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The players were the ones pissed. They believed all they needed was Jones. Him holding out didn't help either. He was unliked before he ever walked in the door. I distinctly remember comments made by the players back then.
The defense was trying to destroy him in practice. He was not a popular guy.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This guy used to scout for the Jets. He’s definitely not a Bijan believer. His top 32 are listed at this link:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Well, here's the problem with what I just posted. I did so without looking him up prior to making that post. He was an area scout for a few teams, so he might actually know more than the average bear. I think it's possible that he still probably gets info from teams that affect his rankings, but he doesn't appear to be some Tom, Dick, or Harry.
Then the actual question you should have asked is, "I wonder how many hours of tape does he actually watch on each top 100(?) players to make up his Top 50 players?"

Ex-scouts will make some phone calls to their connections on teams and get some "information", but, since it is smokescreen season, it is hard to actually believe most of what their connections say.