flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
About 36 M so Poles is waiting for prices to drop and they will, cuts to happen, he's playing chess with this thing. now we just have to pray he uses it, we still have about 10 players needed to help fix the team. 3 DL, 2 OL, 2 wide receivers, 1 RB, 1 CB, and a third TE Am I missing maybe a linebacker or other need? The draft should be BPA. Can we be competitive if he hits those spots?

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
About 36 M so Poles is waiting for prices to drop and they will, cuts to happen, he's playing chess with this thing. now we just have to pray he uses it, we still have about 10 players needed to help fix the team. 3 DL, 2 OL, 2 wide receivers, 1 RB, 1 CB, and a third TE Am I missing maybe a linebacker or other need? The draft should be BPA. Can we be competitive if he hits those spots?
You're definitely missing something.

also, another linebacker?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Wr, RB and third TE are not big needs right now. I think those position groups are fine. If a player is there that will help take one of those groups over the top then sure. DL and OL are the biggest needs. Still would like an upgrade over Vildor.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Try Fanspeak On The Clock draft sim picking whatever top rated player is there when your number comes up. Change big boards and do it again.
You'll end up with too many at certain positions that you'll have to cut. It'll be Angelo and LBs all over again. We'll be tanking another year. But with the Panthers' pick that may mean it won't take more than the 2 1sts to move up assuming we don't already have the #1.

The one I just did wasn't horrible but there were RBs with one taken high enough it would require a cut and enough LBs that at least one would need cut (possibly stash on PS but that's more for offense to run practice with the defense).

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

robbie-gould.gif

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Wr, RB and third TE are not big needs right now. I think those position groups are fine. If a player is there that will help take one of those groups over the top then sure. DL and OL are the biggest needs. Still would like an upgrade over Vildor.
I thought Vildor was starting to click at some point last season after being bench and then called back into rotation...I wasn't on here most of last season to post thoughts but i do remember thinking about this on the road. I noticed he was starting to tackle better and hitting his spots and containing, doing good til he got hurt. still only 25.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Try Fanspeak On The Clock draft sim picking whatever top rated player is there when your number comes up. Change big boards and do it again.
You'll end up with too many at certain positions that you'll have to cut. It'll be Angelo and LBs all over again. We'll be tanking another year. But with the Panthers' pick that may mean it won't take more than the 2 1sts to move up assuming we don't already have the #1.

The one I just did wasn't horrible but there were RBs with one taken high enough it would require a cut and enough LBs that at least one would need cut (possibly stash on PS but that's more for offense to run practice with the defense).
It's amazing how many members have on ignore without actually having you on ignore.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide

My question was Am I missing maybe a linebacker or other need? so what's missing????? In my opinion we need a backup linebacker if one gets hurt and they do sometimes

Last edited:

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
3 DL, 2 OL, was what I said so it's the top priority, a corner is always a need, and 1 more WR I could see happening to hedge my bets on V Jones, we need a third TE don't you think or are we keeping only 2? We seem to draft a RB every year, don't we? What might not look like a big need is still a need to fill out the roster like linebacker isn't a big need but you still need backups there

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's weird how much I feel almost the opposite of last year. Last year I was SUPER concerned that Poles was making wrong moves and needed something, anything on offense to help Fields and see what he had.

This year I'm chill. Let it grow, pick your spots, and don't be afraid to trade down and/or into the future. I don't care if he doesn't spend much of the 30 some million. I'd rather have more space next year than a meh signing this year, even if it costs us a few wins.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My question was Am I missing maybe a linebacker or other need? so what's missing????? In my opinion we need a backup linebacker if one gets hurt and they do sometimes
They don't need more LBs.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
3 DL, 2 OL, was what I said so it's the top priority, a corner is always a need, and 1 more WR I could see happening to hedge my bets on V Jones, we need a third TE don't you think or are we keeping only 2? We seem to draft a RB every year, don't we? What might not look like a big need is still a need to fill out the roster like linebacker isn't a big need but you still need backups there
The Bears have other TEs on the roster already. Whoever they are won’t play much behind Kmet and Tonyan. It definitely wouldn’t hurt to draft a RB but it’s already a crowded room. I think Foreman is a lock to make the roster. I guess Homer isn’t but he’s our best 3rd down back. Next year would make more sense. Guess we will soon find out.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
The Bears have other TEs on the roster already. Whoever they are won’t play much behind Kmet and Tonyan. It definitely wouldn’t hurt to draft a RB but it’s already a crowded room. I think Foreman is a lock to make the roster. I guess Homer isn’t but he’s our best 3rd down back. Next year would make more sense. Guess we will soon find out.
My logic for TE is it's deep in this draft class so a late-round flier, the reason I guess we pick RB is they have a short life span, we really don't need one but my guess is they will take another late-round RB, they always do. we will know come May who they drafted

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
My logic for TE is it's deep in this draft class so a late-round flier, the reason I guess we pick RB is they have a short life span, we really don't need one but my guess is they will take another late-round RB, they always do. we will know come May who they drafted
I would not be disappointed at all if they took a Rb or TE because there’s a lot of players with 1 year deals on the roster. There is a good chance Poles does draft one of both positions. But Poles needs to concentrate on building the trenches. Those are the specific needs for this team. The difference maker in wins-losses.

Reactions: Myk