Report: Poles ‘gut’ told him not to trade twice in top ten of 2023 draft

Montucky

Liked Posts:
This is the problem with monumentally fucking up the WR position last year by not drafting Pickens, draft VJJ, then drafting for Claypool. 3 F grade moves.
I can't say either of the second round picks are F grades until the players the Bears did draft fail to live up to expectations, but the overall handling of the wide receiver position is an F grade no doubt.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Unless Pace became their GM I really didn't see Houston moving up to 1, especially not for the value some were expecting. A different double down would've been more likely.

I figured it had to do with the lack of super hype out of the combine and expectations that the hype was peaked.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unless Pace became their GM I really didn't see Houston moving up to 1, especially not for the value some were expecting. A different double down would've been more likely.

I figured it had to do with the lack of super hype out of the combine and expectations that the hype was peaked.
WTF are you talking about? Stroud and Richardson couldn't have had better reports and Levis only reinforced his rep of arm talent.
Stroud came out of the combine with a genuine shot at going 1 when everyone was sure Young was the pick beforehand.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Wait, so the few people that piss and moan about every little thing about the team they claim to enjoy, are once again pissing and moaning about this?

Tomorrow they will tell us water is wet.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Wait, so the few people that piss and moan about every little thing about the team they claim to enjoy, are once again pissing and moaning about this?

Tomorrow they will tell us water is wet.
It's how they get attention - they don't have anything worth saying so go for mock outrage and any contrary point of view they think can elicit a response. And literally any response works, because it allows them to draw people into banal, never ending arguments leading nowhere. It seems to be something they get off on - I doubt they believe what they're saying, but that's not why they're on here.

It's a real shame as this forum always offers some good insight but all too quickly it just becomes shambolic when people start to engage with the trolls.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
People have a comprehension problem. There was no guaranteed offer to trade to 2. He had the Carolina offer in hand and took that instead of hoping for a trade to Texas.

Amazing how hard this is for people to grasp

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
WTF are you talking about? Stroud and Richardson couldn't have had better reports and Levis only reinforced his rep of arm talent.
Stroud came out of the combine with a genuine shot at going 1 when everyone was sure Young was the pick beforehand.

Maybe I should've said Uber Hype for you to comprehend?

CBS winners & losers headline "Young sinks by sitting".
If Richardson moved up to #1 as USA Today says another top 3 QB lowers the desire to move up it doesn't increase it.
There was nothing to suggest waiting would cause someone to pay vastly more for #1 than it's worth. Especially not Houston already sitting at #2. That will be something you'll have to wait for hind sight to solve.

Even with the usual QB panic someone would've had to hire Uber Pace to give a shit about moving up to #1 to take QBs formerly (and still) rated 11-18 by Huddle Report. Wasn't that you defending a post saying we'd get paid a high 2nd rounder less than the value of the #1? We got a mid 6th less if you figure we gave the exact value of his pick for a vet who's stats and contract could easily make up that 10 point difference.
But it's good to see you're still willing to troll with self contradictory BS instead of ignoring me without ignoring me.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If the Bears passed on an additional 1st round pick, why wouldn't you expect top ten numbers from DJ Moore?

Why make that trade for a middling wr?

1,000 yards & 9 TDs. (Btw the top 22 wrs had 1k yards. I'm kinda low balling here. Top ten is around 1,200.)

I don’t think he will be top 10 because:

A. The Bears will still be a heavy run team.
B. Assuming everyone is healthy next year I think they have some legit weapons and they may spread the ball around enough that he doesn’t get enough touches.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe I should've said Uber Hype for you to comprehend?

CBS winners & losers headline "Young sinks by sitting".
If Richardson moved up to #1 as USA Today says another top 3 QB lowers the desire to move up it doesn't increase it.
There was nothing to suggest waiting would cause someone to pay vastly more for #1 than it's worth. Especially not Houston already sitting at #2. That will be something you'll have to wait for hind sight to solve.

Even with the usual QB panic someone would've had to hire Uber Pace to give a shit about moving up to #1 to take QBs formerly (and still) rated 11-18 by Huddle Report. Wasn't that you defending a post saying we'd get paid a high 2nd rounder less than the value of the #1? We got a mid 6th less if you figure we gave the exact value of his pick for a vet who's stats and contract could easily make up that 10 point difference.
But it's good to see you're still willing to troll with self contradictory BS instead of ignoring me without ignoring me.
What a load of crap and you said lack of hype from the combine, not who didn't show which was well known before hand. Combine only strengthened these QBs' draft position, period.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If the Bears passed on an additional 1st round pick, why wouldn't you expect top ten numbers from DJ Moore?

Why make that trade for a middling wr?

1,000 yards & 9 TDs. (Btw the top 22 wrs had 1k yards. I'm kinda low balling here. Top ten is around 1,200.)
A run heavy team and a player that’s always been around 15or so statistically until the shitshow he had to endure at QB last year. I’m expecting his usual line around 1100yds and 5TD’s plus 150+ yds from rushing. Getsy likes to run a lot in the red zone, especially closer to the goal line.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tell me you’ve never worked in a position of power without telling me you’ve never worked in a position of power.

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
Add some juice? Houston is a signficantly better better bet to have a bad 2023 season than Carolina is and second overall is still worth a ton in a trade. The juice was there, why didn't Ryan Poles take it?

That 2024 1st rounder was most likely Cleveland's.

It's DJ Moore + the Panthers pick being worse in 2024 because of DJ's absence or the most likely the Cleveland 1st + Carolina's pick + DJ still on the roster.

I think the higher upside is the Carolina 2024 pick without DJ and the higher floor is having DJ Moore here in 2023. Its the right move IMO.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
That 2024 1st rounder was most likely Cleveland's.

It's DJ Moore + the Panthers pick being worse in 2024 because of DJ's absence or the most likely the Cleveland 1st + Carolina's pick + DJ still on the roster.

I think the higher upside is the Carolina 2024 pick without DJ and the higher floor is having DJ Moore here in 2023. Its the right move IMO.
I would almost rather have Cleveland's first than Houston. Either one would be vastly better than Carolina. I don't think Bears fans quite recognize the extent to which the Panthers are completely unbothered by losing DJ Moore. It keeps being made out that the Panthers knee-capped their chance at 2023 success by dealing him away, but that's really not the case.

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
I would almost rather have Cleveland's first than Houston. Either one would be vastly better than Carolina. I don't think Bears fans quite recognize the extent to which the Panthers are completely unbothered by losing DJ Moore. It keeps being made out that the Panthers knee-capped their chance at 2023 success by dealing him away, but that's really not the case.

You're just saying shit.

Houston has the worst odds on FanDual to win the Super Bowl at +20000, Cleveland is 15th at +3500 and Carolina has the 10th worst odds at +5500.

Carolina would absolutely have better odds if they still had DJ Moore still on their roster, he's been their most productive and impactful player over the past 5 years.

Find a better thing to troll over, in the other thread you were talking up Andy "Fucking" Dalton as if we didn't watch him play for the Bears two years ago. There's a good chance that the Panthers suck next year, you're just saying the opposite because you enjoy being a contrarian troll.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I’m cool with the deal, but worrying about the other team getting cold feet is dumb. The overall #1 pick grows in value the closer you get to the draft, not the other way around.

Reactions: Myk

Montucky

Liked Posts:
You're just saying shit.

Houston has the worst odds on FanDual to win the Super Bowl at +20000, Cleveland is 15th at +3500 and Carolina has the 10th worst odds at +5500.

Carolina would absolutely have better odds if they still had DJ Moore still on their roster, he's been their most productive and impactful player over the past 5 years.

Find a better thing to troll over, in the other thread you were talking up Andy "Fucking" Dalton as if we didn't watch him play for the Bears two years ago. There's a good chance that the Panthers suck next year, you're just saying the opposite because you enjoy being a contrarian troll.
Not that I give a rat's ass about Vegas odds on anything, but you're missing the forest for the trees if you are thinking in terms of chances of winning a Super Bowl. Its really about the odds each team has of winning their division, and Carolina is by far and away the best bet to win their division of these three teams. Cleveland has to get through Cincinnati and Houston through Jacksonville, the Panthers have to get past...uh...the Tom Brady-less Buccaneers?

The disaster potential in Cleveland is pretty alluring. They could easily unravel completely and provide a top five pick next year. I don't think Houston or Carolina really has that.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Tell me you’ve never worked in a position of power without telling me you’ve never worked in a position of power.
I was going to chime in similarly...

Tell me you (not you personally) have never been in negotiations without telling me so expressly