9th Pick Poll - Wild Scenario - DT Carter or best OT Skoronski/Johnson/Jones?

9th Pick Poll - Wild Scenario - DT Carter or best OT Skoronski/Johnson/Jones?

• Total voters

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Zero chance the Bears take Carter or Bijan at 9 so everyone who keeps bringing their names up can stop now.

Don't be shocked if they dont draft an offensive or defensive lineman either. If Wilson & Johnson are both gone I think Poles takes a CB at 9 and adds to the lines in later rounds.
Zero chance? That’s pretty presumptuous. Poles isn’t using one of his 30 visits on Carter just for fun. I am thinking OT, though.

Far less of a chance (not zero) he takes a CB if Carter or a top OT is on the board, imo.

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
Zero chance? That’s pretty presumptuous. Poles isn’t using one of his 30 visits on Carter just for fun. I am thinking OT, though.

Far less of a chance (not zero) he takes a CB if Carter or a top OT is on the board, imo.
Do you think he was just there to scout Carter? Georgia was one of top teams in the nation, he's there to scout their entire roster. He's also just doing his due diligence, you dont just write off the guy who was presumptive #1 pick without even talking to him but he has made it clear he's not going to draft based on need and I doubt he spends his 1st ever 1st round pick as gm on a risky all or nothing player like Carter.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Do you think he was just there to scout Carter? Georgia was one of top teams in the nation, he's there to scout their entire roster. He's also just doing his due diligence, you dont just write off the guy who was presumptive #1 pick without even talking to him but he has made it clear he's not going to draft based on need and I doubt he spends his 1st ever 1st round pick as gm on a risky all or nothing player like Carter.
I never said he was there to just scout Carter. UGA’s roster was pretty loaded, to include Broderick Jones. I said he is using one of his 30 visits with Carter. That is different. Carter is, imo, the best player in the draft from a talent perspective.

Poles may not draft him if he falls. But I think there is a far lower chance he drafts a CB if Carter (or a top OT) is on the board.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hard to say how far Carter will fall but I doubt he gets past Seattle. Also not 100% sure I believe Poles won't trade out of the top 10. If he has four players (two pass rushers and two guys to protect Fields) he's happy with he can go as far as 15 and still get one.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
People draw up the Warren Sapp comparison but I really don't see it. Sapp was a monster in college, finished top five in Heisman voting if I remember correctly. He crushed the combine and workouts and fell because of some character concerns but not on the level of what Jalen Carter has. Also Carter has been a workouts disaster and had nowhere near the season Sapp had.

I'm not one hundred percent opposed to Carter, but man ninth is high.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Football is not a choir boy sport. it will be Jalen Carter or Bijan Robinson

#CALLEDIT

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I said it midseason.. you take Broderick Jones. Let him compete for L/RT, but if it were me, plug and play at LG and the Joneses solidify the blind side for a decade.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Football is not a choir boy sport. it will be Jalen Carter or Bijan Robinson

#CALLEDIT
#called nothing. I see neither pick happening even as I'd like to see Bijan picked. The thing with Carter and ignoring red flags is, far more often than not, you regret ignoring that red flag.

Bust

Liked Posts:
#called nothing. I see neither pick happening even as I'd like to see Bijan picked. The thing with Carter and ignoring red flags is, far more often than not, you regret ignoring that red flag.

k we'll be bumping this thread when it happens with the ole 'i told ya so's' /flex

kthxbye!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I said it midseason.. you take Broderick Jones. Let him compete for L/RT, but if it were me, plug and play at LG and the Joneses solidify the blind side for a decade.
We just signed a G, giving us three counting Whitehair.

You want to draft T at #9 and put him at G? What a waste of resources.

At the very least you trade back before picking him. But what do you do at T?

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
I was in the "I'd still draft him" camp for Carter... then his pro day. Kid's kind of a bitch. Pass. Gimme OL if no one wants #9

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
There are a lot of really good tackle prospects in this draft, that I'd be comfortable aiming for a tackle in the second day if Wilson drops, but not Carter.

It is conceivable that all three of the listed tackle prospects are available at 9, and Houston calls to trade up. Poles could comfortably collect more picks knowing that he'd still get one of the best tackles out of it.

And after that I would hope he spends every remaining draft pick on the defensive line.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be mad with Carter, an OT (Jones or Williams) or a trade back.

a team would have to overpay to trade with Bears (scouts love tall white guy qb's like will levis to fall 9th). If Poles were to pull the trigger he needs stay in top 15 cause he could still have shot at Carter or a handful of other legit impact week 1 starters.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
a team would have to overpay to trade with Bears (scouts love tall white guy qb's like will levis to fall 9th). If Poles were to pull the trigger he needs stay in top 15 cause he could still have shot at Carter or a handful of other legit impact week 1 starters.
Because you can’t find legit impact week 1 starters outside the top 15………..