9th Pick Poll - Wild Scenario - DT Carter or best OT Skoronski/Johnson/Jones?

9th Pick Poll - Wild Scenario - DT Carter or best OT Skoronski/Johnson/Jones?

• Total voters

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
We just signed a G, giving us three counting Whitehair.

You want to draft T at #9 and put him at G? What a waste of resources.

At the very least you trade back before picking him. But what do you do at T?

With a ceiling of Quenton Nelson as a guard imo, yeah. Athletic ability to trap and pull outside with the strength of a bear.. can get to the second level quick... Would you take Quenton Nelson at 9? If I looked and wanted him purely as a T, I'd draft him later.

Nate Davis is followed by a good but usually injured Cobra Kai. Maybe Teven gets a shot at RT this year. Cody is on his way out. The Bears have 1 guard in a sense. Maybe Ja'tyre can step up this year. Worst case you got doughnut belly as that G/C back up.

Cody can compete with doughnut belly at center and get cut if he cant land the job. Id let Broderick compete with Teven at RT and LT with Braxton to see his fit, but Im in the G camp. Jones and Jones manning the blindside for a decade would be my play. Blindside would be the strength and as we have all seen with JF, his peripheral is sus at times cause hes looking for the endzone.

What i would do?

Jones, Jones, C , Allen, Cobra Kai

Leatherwood G/T
Boredom swing.

Would still draft a center too. Its more about solidifying the left and middle of the line

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jalen Carter seems too unpredictable to take in the top 10. One of Skoronski and Johnson will almost certainly be there. We need tackles. Unless Poles and Eberflus are certain that Carter has his head straight, I would stay away from him.

I wouldn't blame any GM for dodging Carter, even if he becomes a stud. Drafting him is the kind of move that could blow up in your face.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I would say Lukas Van Ness, Calijah Kancey, (a healthy) Tyree Wilson, Myles Murphy or even the likes of Jalen Carter or Bryan Bresee would qualify too. Would not be unhappy with any of thoes guys at nine except Jalen Carter, and even then I at least see the idea of Carter.

I would fiercely spaz out if Bresee was the pick at 9. Dreadful scenario

I think Kancey and Van Ness are reaches there as well. I’ve soured on Murphy a lot too

Collins77

Liked Posts:
We just drafted some veteran Dlinemen. We have a coach that seems like he could get Carter and keep him on track. If Carter is there at 9 you have to take him. Hes hit a rough patch, watched two people close to him die, and also going thru one of the most stressfull times of his life. I think you interveiw him, see where his heads at and then build up a plan to keep him on track. I think being around men will be the best thing for him. Chicago is a good Lockerroom, I think in 2 years no one will remember.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Too early to properly consider this but i suspect Carter wakes up a bit before the draft and the potential is so I high, I roll the dice.

That said, I may go elsewhere entirely with a different DL at 9 or trade down again.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
We just drafted some veteran Dlinemen. We have a coach that seems like he could get Carter and keep him on track. If Carter is there at 9 you have to take him. Hes hit a rough patch, watched two people close to him die, and also going thru one of the most stressfull times of his life. I think you interveiw him, see where his heads at and then build up a plan to keep him on track. I think being around men will be the best thing for him. Chicago is a good Lockerroom, I think in 2 years no one will remember.
This. He was closing out the criminal case and dealing with all of that stuff around the time of his pro day. I imagine he will be in shape. All turns on what Poles and the staff feel after meeting with him.

I also could understand a OT or a trade down.

This draft will be very entertaining.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's the point of Jalen Carter if your QB is dead? Can we get Justin Fields through his rookie deal without multiple concussions and possibly a serious knee injury?
no guarantee another rookie OT will keep him alive either, however I did cast my vote for OT

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I would fiercely spaz out if Bresee was the pick at 9. Dreadful scenario

I think Kancey and Van Ness are reaches there as well. I’ve soured on Murphy a lot too
Just asking but what do you not like about Bresee???

Bonferroni Correction

Liked Posts:
If Tyree Wilson or for whatever reason Anderson was there, I’d draft them at 9.

If not, I would move down a bit to try to get a second round pick then draft Broderick, Paris, or Skoronski.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Just asking but what do you not like about Bresee???

The biggest and most obvious is his injury history. By extension of that, doesn’t have very good production or as much experience. Just can’t justify selecting him top 10 overall. Too many question marks