Mock - Bears add a sure thing at RT

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
7BC95AE4-C72C-487B-A14F-E43EEB18E1F7.jpegBears gamble on Jalen Carter, because he is the best talent in the draft. Emmanuel Forbes is a ball hawk. Andre Carter II has the length Flus loves and the character to help keep Jalen Carter in line. JL Skinner can learn behind Eddie Jackson and be an insurance policy in case his foot flares up. Sean Tucker has the blazing speed (4.3) the RB room needs. Wanya Morris can develop behind one of the best RTs, Rob Havenstein. YaYa Diaby gives the Bears another athletic pass rusher. Ricky Stromberg had the power and movement skills to give Fields the space to step up in the pocket. Bears should continue to take swings at QBs late and Stetson Bennett has the arm talent to make practices competitive. Noah Gindorff is a good blocking tight end.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So when you say a sure thing at RT, you speak of the PFF rated #62 pass blocking OT. I think we have different ideas about what a sure thing is.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
So when you say a sure thing at RT, you speak of the PFF rated #62 pass blocking OT. I think we have different ideas about what a sure thing is.
Havenstein suffered through an ugly 2019 season, likely due to injury, but outside of that year has been a steadfast performer at right tackle for the Rams. He finished 2021’s Super Bowl campaign with the best overall PFF grade of his career (83.4) after allowing 30 pressures all year across 764 pass-blocking snaps. His run blocking is typically excellent, and he is one of the best right tackles in the game, with three of the past four years earning 80.0-plus overall grades. - PFF's Sam Monson

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Yeah, he sure sucks
"He spends so much extra time with young guys that he's trying to teach and bring along. He works on his craft tirelessly and it shows up on Sundays. He’s a great teammate. A fun guy to be around. Great for that room, great for our huddle. “ -Matthew Stafford

The Bears were the #1 rushing offense in the NFL. They don’t need to abandon their identity. Rob Havenstein has consistently rated as one of the top right tackles in the NFL. Being an excellent locker room guy, leader, and mentor is icing on the cake.

Expecting anything more from a rookie RT is just wishful thinking.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
View attachment 27700Bears gamble on Jalen Carter, because he is the best talent in the draft. Emmanuel Forbes is a ball hawk. Andre Carter II has the length Flus loves and the character to help keep Jalen Carter in line. JL Skinner can learn behind Eddie Jackson and be an insurance policy in case his foot flares up. Sean Tucker has the blazing speed (4.3) the RB room needs. Wanya Morris can develop behind one of the best RTs, Rob Havenstein. YaYa Diaby gives the Bears another athletic pass rusher. Ricky Stromberg had the power and movement skills to give Fields the space to step up in the pocket. Bears should continue to take swings at QBs late and Stetson Bennett has the arm talent to make practices competitive. Noah Gindorff is a good blocking tight end.
Carter won't get past the Lions and then you get to deal with Hutchinson and Carter for the next 10 years.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Like the trade, not so much the picks.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
"He spends so much extra time with young guys that he's trying to teach and bring along. He works on his craft tirelessly and it shows up on Sundays. He’s a great teammate. A fun guy to be around. Great for that room, great for our huddle. “ -Matthew Stafford

The Bears were the #1 rushing offense in the NFL. They don’t need to abandon their identity.

We were not trying to be #1, our QB made plays with his feet ( had to ). Our run game outside that was average at best.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
@Noonthirtyjoe

“We”? Do you work for the Bears front office? You can’t make concrete statements like that when you actually have no idea on what the Bears intentions are. An effective running game helps Fields.

You do realize that Getsy came from Greenbay following a season where the Packers finished top 8 in rushing yards with Rodgers at the helm, right? Don’t you remember how the Bears could not run the ball under Nagy and then with Getsy they skyrocketed to #1. A good rushing offense isn’t a bad thing.

Are you going to ignore the fact that Stafford was injured last season and the Rams were forced to patchwork the QB position? Are you going to continue to ignore that Havenstein has been rated one of the best RT in the NFL for multiple seasons? Are you going to ignore how he compared to the entire rookie OT class last season? At minimum, he buys the Beers some time on developing a tackle via the draft (this year or next) or one on the current roster.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
:poop:

Andre Carter should be drafted as a project that could contribute after tons of coaching and time in the weight room. IE year 2 or 3. I just don't feel like drafting him in the 2nd would be a good idea.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
:poop:

Andre Carter should be drafted as a project that could contribute after tons of coaching and time in the weight room. IE year 2 or 3. I just don't feel like drafting him in the 2nd would be a good idea.
Unfortunately, at the bottom of the 2nd round the Bears aren’t going to be able to draft a finished product. He had the upside and character needed to reach his potential though!

I watched one of his interviews and he talked about how being in the Army made it impossible for him to gain a ton of weight, because of all the cardio they’re required to do. With his tools, work ethic, and now freedom to allocate his time toward building an improved body, I suspect there will be a tremendous amount of growth after a year or 2.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, at the bottom of the 2nd round the Bears aren’t going to be able to draft a finished product. He had the upside and character needed to reach his potential though!

I watched one of his interviews and he talked about how being in the Army made it impossible for him to gain a ton of weight, because of all the cardio they’re required to do. With his tools, work ethic, and now freedom to allocate his time toward building an improved body, I suspect there will be a tremendous amount of growth after a year or 2.
2nd Round Picks should be Starters unless on A Stacked Team maybe.