Mock - Bears add a sure thing at RT

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
2nd Round Picks should be Starters unless on A Stacked Team maybe.
That isn’t accurate at all.

The 49ers drafted Drake Jackson with the 61st pick last year and he didn’t start a single game.

The Bills drafted Boogie Basham with the 61st pick in 2021 and he didn’t start a single game for the past 2 seasons.

The Titans drafted Kristian Fulton with the 61st pick in 2020 and he only started 2 games.

The Bears don’t need him to be an immediate impact player. They just need him to develop into one.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

The 49ers drafted Drake Jackson with the 61st pick last year and he didn’t start a single game.

The Bills drafted Boogie Basham with the 61st pick in 2021 and he didn’t start a single game for the past 2 seasons.

The Titans drafted Kristian Fulton with the 61st pick in 2020 and he only started 2 games.

The Bears don’t need him to be an immediate impact player. They just need him to develop into one.
I like that he said a stacked team and then you picked 2 of the most stacked teams to argue his point

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Kipper is the one who is crazy if he said that. I’ll laugh at any team that drafts Bennett before the 6th. Bona fide 3rd stringer QB and PS guy.
I would say his real value is somewhere in the middle of where Kiper and you put him.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Admittedly, I’m no expert. Just a UGA homer who watches a lot of football.

To me, I saw a guy with average talent ride the coattails of a stacked roster for 2 years.
And you are likely right. But he did show enough charisma and leadership for some team to take a mid round gamble on.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
And you are likely right. But he did show enough charisma and leadership for some team to take a mid round gamble on.
Ironically, I hear stuff indicating the opposite. People talk about Carter and how immature and entitled he is, I heard those things about Bennett. Kind of a jerk who thinks he’s better than he really is. He is probably the last guy I’d want leading a team with little to no talent. He can’t elevate anyone, imo. Future pro bowlers have always elevated him.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Ironically, I hear stuff indicating the opposite. People talk about Carter and how immature and entitled he is, I heard those things about Bennett. Kind of a jerk who thinks he’s better than he really is. He is probably the last guy I’d want leading a team with little to no talent. He can’t elevate anyone, imo. Future pro bowlers have always elevated him.
I think he has a chip on his shoulder for being doubted so much throughout his entire career. Maybe it does come off as cocky. But there are a lot of QBs that can fuck up good teams. He came through when it was needed. I mean, he threw for almost 400 yards with 3 TDs against Ohio State in a game where Georgia's defense let them down.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I think he has a chip on his shoulder for being doubted so much throughout his entire career. Maybe it does come off as cocky. But there are a lot of QBs that can fuck up good teams. He came through when it was needed. I mean, he threw for almost 400 yards with 3 TDs against Ohio State in a game where Georgia's defense let them down.
I hear ya man. He came through in certain big moments. I strongly believe he could not do that if he were on a weak team.

Being cocky is fine, but the whispers I heard was it was beyond that. But who knows.

Plus, I love how Kirby Smart has helped to flip the program. Everything is next level EXCEPT the staff’s ability to eval QBs. I mean, this is the same staff that thought Jake fuckin Fromm was a better option to start over Justin Fields, who they obviously lost to OSU as a result.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:

2019 Draft

53. Eagles -Miles Sanders

63. Chiefs. -Juwan Thornhill

Both just played in the SB A few Days Ago, Good GMs. find Starters.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
2019 Draft

53. Eagles -Miles Sanders

63. Chiefs. -Juwan Thornhill

Both just played in the SB A few Days Ago, Good GMs. find Starters.
Running backs and safeties are lower valued positions, so you have a better chance at getting a day 1 starter. If you don’t understand the difference, I can’t help you.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
@Noonthirtyjoe

“We”? Do you work for the Bears front office? You can’t make concrete statements like that when you actually have no idea on what the Bears intentions are. An effective running game helps Fields.

You do realize that Getsy came from Greenbay following a season where the Packers finished top 8 in rushing yards with Rodgers at the helm, right? Don’t you remember how the Bears could not run the ball under Nagy and then with Getsy they skyrocketed to #1. A good rushing offense isn’t a bad thing.

Are you going to ignore the fact that Stafford was injured last season and the Rams were forced to patchwork the QB position? Are you going to continue to ignore that Havenstein has been rated one of the best RT in the NFL for multiple seasons? Are you going to ignore how he compared to the entire rookie OT class last season? At minimum, he buys the Beers some time on developing a tackle via the draft (this year or next) or one on the current roster.
Lol Ya I can speak for the Bears. Our run game was nothing special, and we don't want the No.1 rushing attack if it's based on our QB running all the time. You do realize GB did that 8th rushing attack with running backs not the QB. I'm not ignoring Stafford as he was never part of the conversation at any point in time. Nor was Havenstien. Who ever that is.