2022-23 NBA Season THREAD (2023 Playoffs Talk)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here it is, watch the second angle.
It's the choice not to save it twice while he taps it, waits waits, looks at camera, looks at ball, thinks about it, taps it again, then makes a ridiculous flail too late after it's out of bounds.

You can't convince me he wanted to save that ball.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd put down money that Poole is going to get traded this off-season.

as you guys may know, there's been a 2nd tax apron that's been included in the new CBA. Explanation below:

"Penalties for exceeding the second apron include the loss of the mid-level exception, a ban on including cash as part of trades and the inability to accept more salary in a trade than the team sends out. A team in the second apron will also be unable to aggregate salary in trades and cannot trade its first-round pick seven years in the future (ie. its 2030 pick in 2023/24) or sign players on the buyout market.

Also, if a team exceeds the second apron and remains there in two of the four subsequent years, its frozen draft pick (the one that was initially seven years out) will get moved to the end of the first round, regardless of the team’s record in that season."

The Warriors are one of the two teams that would be impacted by that rule as of now.

So.... they pretty much have to get rid of some guys.

With Poole's shitty play, apparent issues in the locker room, and upcoming increase in salary... he seems like an obvious piece to trade.

Draymond may be a causality as well.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

as you guys may know, there's been a 2nd tax apron that's been included in the new CBA. Explanation below:

"Penalties for exceeding the second apron include the loss of the mid-level exception, a ban on including cash as part of trades and the inability to accept more salary in a trade than the team sends out. A team in the second apron will also be unable to aggregate salary in trades and cannot trade its first-round pick seven years in the future (ie. its 2030 pick in 2023/24) or sign players on the buyout market.

Also, if a team exceeds the second apron and remains there in two of the four subsequent years, its frozen draft pick (the one that was initially seven years out) will get moved to the end of the first round, regardless of the team’s record in that season."

The Warriors are one of the two teams that would be impacted by that rule as of now.

With Poole's shitty play, apparent issues in the locker room, and upcoming increase in salary... he seems like an obvious piece to trade.

So who is the 140,000,000 turd they can trade him for!

Lonzo Ball? Plus sign and trade a turd.

I guess they are pretty much done and should trade curry and Thompson to better homes while they can.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I can see that. I do think Draymond is gone and oddly enough goes to the Lakers. He has a fan boy crush on Lebron

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He has been injured with foot but ankle seemed to act up last night.

Yea, reports came out later he wasnt concussed. So, it makes the wheelchair moment even funnier.

Shaq and Barkley were laughing their asses off at it. Lakers fans were not happy lol
It’s almost as if bron and his team are saying he’s hurt to give him an out if he loses, and to build up the “legacy” if he wins

Pretty transparent really

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Since the Suns lost, is the trade already considered a failure or do they get to run it back next season before declaring a failure?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Since the Suns lost, is the trade already considered a failure or do they get to run it back next season before declaring a failure?
IMO, it's unfair to say the trade was a failure. It may just be Denver's year.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It may just be Denver's year.
I hope so. Denver is one of a few teams to never even make the Finals.

The Lakers though have ended 3 of their 4 runs in the WCF though (85, 09, 20). Barring a Warriors comeback, they'll be playing LA again.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I hope so. Denver is one of a few teams to never even make the Finals.

The Lakers though have ended 3 of their 4 runs in the WCF though (85, 09, 20). Barring a Warriors comeback, they'll be playing LA again.
The thing I like about Denver is that they've more or less kept the same team together for a number of years.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IMO, it's unfair to say the trade was a failure. It may just be Denver's year.
I'm inclined to agree, but you know how the internet is.

I've already seen twitter posts saying the KD trade to the Suns was the worst trade in NBA history...I laugh at that because it wasn't even worse than the Gobert trade

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm inclined to agree, but you know how the internet is.

I've already seen twitter posts saying the KD trade to the Suns was the worst trade in NBA history...I laugh at that because it wasn't even worse than the Gobert trade
So much recency bias with things like this. Minnesota gave up a lot more than Phoenix did, and Phoenix didn't do it for an overrated player.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So much recency bias with things like this. Minnesota gave up a lot more than Phoenix did, and Phoenix didn't do it for an overrated player.
And at least the fit makes some sense. Gobert to Minnesota doesn't even make sense fit wise

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Definitely not. The roster is trash. They just need to tweak the roster and add some guys that can actually play. Not good when their 3rd best player by a country mile clearly doesn’t give a shit about basketball at all.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He won't retire until he plays with his son.
Absolutely, his son will be drafted way to early cause he is going to go where he goes and the team is going to make bank.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Definitely not. The roster is trash. They just need to tweak the roster and add some guys that can actually play. Not good when their 3rd best player by a country mile clearly doesn’t give a shit about basketball at all.
My guess is Paul and Ayton are traded and do what the Lakers did and build what they can behind Booker and Durant