CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah, crazy that they want to leave a place where the sewers back up and flood the clubhouse, they get no fans, and apparently have families of rodents that live in the broadcast booths.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They better have air conditioning in Vegas or they will be dreaming of the good ole days when Rat Soup was the Ballpark Special.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Are they going to change their name?

They should. Las Vegas Athletics doesn't sound good.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are they going to change their name?

They should. Las Vegas Athletics doesn't sound good.
Las Vegas "A"ces already taken?!

Asses. With a big A stick figure Cowboy straddling a Donkey is my final answer.

Last edited:

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
They better have air conditioning in Vegas or they will be dreaming of the good ole days when Rat Soup was the Ballpark Special.

It's gonna be a retractable roof stadium but only if they get tax payer money for just under $400 million. I still don't think they're not going to get that much because their owner and team president seem to be terrible negotiators. Right now the plan is for them to demolish the Tropicana and have it be built there.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
It's gonna be a retractable roof stadium but only if they get tax payer money for just under $400 million. I still don't think they're not going to get that much because their owner and team president seem to be terrible negotiators. Right now the plan is for them to demolish the Tropicana and have it be built there.

Looks like I was wrong, a deal was reached late last night. Looks like the A's are coming to Las Vegas once financing is approved before the end of the legislative session.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like I was wrong, a deal was reached late last night. Looks like the A's are coming to Las Vegas once financing is approved before the end of the legislative session.

What are your thoughts? My brothers who live there aren't worried about parking and now think it's 100% an NBA team will follow. They going to play in Summerlin until 2028? Night games only?

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
What are your thoughts? My brothers who live there aren't worried about parking and now think it's 100% an NBA team will follow. They going to play in Summerlin until 2028? Night games only?

I would assume they only do night games until the new stadium gets built if they do wind up playing in Summerlin. I'm excited for it in general as it just means more things to do here and I enjoy shiny, new things. I believe they're targeting the 2027 season to open the season but they'd probably need to move quickly to make that happen. On the Allegiant Stadium tour that I went to last week, they said they built it in like 31 months so they'd be pushing it close if they're aiming for a 2027 time frame.

I think they can make absolute bank if they price the tickets reasonably at the new stadium. My biggest concern is them going for a cash grab, pricing locals out with insane ticket prices and never truly building a fanbase. I also think they should prioritize day games early on with the indoor roof rather than trying to go head to head with the Knights and Raiders. One could go to an A's game, then immediately after walk over to T-Mobile and see the Knights play. I think they could complement each other well in such a setup especially if your goal is to sell the stadium out every day. I worry they'll try to make locals chose between MLB & NHL without a fanbase and fail in spectacular fashion.

I want an NBA team over anything and 'allegedly' they're building the prospective NBA arena about 5-10 minute walk from where I live right now. I think LeBron is going to be the owner and with the new changes to the CBA, I think he's going to have the opportunity to own a piece of the team immediately after retiring in 2-3 seasons while being the face of the ownership group. That will bring instant credibility - something the A's are definitely going to have to overcome given how this debacle with Oakland has gone on. We shall see.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I live in Las Vegas and people are more excited about the VGKs and Raiders right now. All we are missing is an NBA team, and this really is a great place for pro sports, so it is inevitable.

You will have fans of the opposing teams filling up the city, no better place for an "away game/series" road trip.

Last edited:

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

Temporarily delayed but still feels inevitable. Still prefer an expansion team as the A's leadership have successfully bungled every stadium attempt for almost 25 years.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Temporarily delayed but still feels inevitable. Still prefer an expansion team as the A's leadership have successfully bungled every stadium attempt for almost 25 years.
Despite their history, I think they and the Marlins are prime contraction targets.