2022-23 NBA Season THREAD (2023 Playoffs Talk)

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Denver vs Miami, just like everyone predicted.
I'm excited for it but i hope it doesn't end up where Miami goes cold and Denver easily wins in 4/5.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Man, gtfoh. LBJ in his post-game presser trying to hint at possibly retiring.

1st was the way he said he hasn't thought about next year or what he was gonna do. No one bit.

Then he says he's going to reflect on his career when he's (pause.... choking up?) done playing. No one bit.

Then, I think he breaks character, he talks about how only he, AD, and maybe one of 2 guys are contracted to return, and indicates he will in fact be back.

Then he finally caps it off with, "I have a lot to think about regarding my future with basketball."

Everyone and their mother knows LBJ is going to play for at least 2 more years. He's going to play with Bronny.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I nailed an 11 leg parlay AND Lebron lost…couldn’t of gone any better last night

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He won't retire until he plays with his son.

See, its just something I read in his body language and face.
Its getting too hard to be himself.

I think he could continue at a reduced minutes role but can his team win like that?
He passed Kareem.

He could opt to be a spectator at USC.
If they can get Lilliard for AD he comes back.

I can't believe how soft AD is. That Looney elbow should never knock someone out. His competition will hit him in the chops every game until he responds appropriately.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Man, gtfoh. LBJ in his post-game presser trying to hint at possibly retiring.

1st was the way he said he hasn't thought about next year or what he was gonna do. No one bit.

Then he says he's going to reflect on his career when he's (pause.... choking up?) done playing. No one bit.

Then, I think he breaks character, he talks about how only he, AD, and maybe one of 2 guys are contracted to return, and indicates he will in fact be back.

Then he finally caps it off with, "I have a lot to think about regarding my future with basketball."

Everyone and their mother knows LBJ is going to play for at least 2 more years. He's going to play with Bronny.
I need to add onto this post.

The more I'm listening to sports TV/radio today.... This was definitely intentional by LeBron.

I think he knows that the conversation was going to be about how he got swept for the 3rd time, he'll never be GOAT, etc. etc. Instead, all anyone is talking about is, "will LBJ actually retire?" No one even seems to be talking about how he struggled to close in every game this series and how old he looked at times. That came up periodically over the course of the series, but it definitely would have ramped up when the series ended.

But now it's all, "If the Lakers want LeBron back, they need to get him more help. He can't go out there and get them 31 in the first with no one else stepping up."

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I need to add onto this post.

The more I'm listening to sports TV/radio today.... This was definitely intentional by LeBron.

I think he knows that the conversation was going to be about how he got swept for the 3rd time, he'll never be GOAT, etc. etc. Instead, all anyone is talking about is, "will LBJ actually retire?" No one even seems to be talking about how he struggled to close in every game this series and how old he looked at times. That came up periodically over the course of the series, but it definitely would have ramped up when the series ended.

But now it's all, "If the Lakers want LeBron back, they need to get him more help. He can't go out there and get them 31 in the first with no one else stepping up."
Lebron is going to stay another year. Bronnie is going to come out after year 1 and get drafted way to high to a lottery team for them to play together cause the franchise will make hand over fist money for them playing together. Then, he going to bow out.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Boston deserved to get swept for firing a good coach due to a consensual relationship.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
these last two games is pretty much how I pictured it would be from the start. Boston is much more talented overall than Miami. The difference has been coaching and effort. If Boston consistently plays with lots of effort and they play smart, there is no reason Miami should beat them.

Game 6 is a must win for Miami. The pressure they'd feel in game 7 from trying not to be the 1st team to ever lose a series after being up 3-0 will be immense.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
these last two games is pretty much how I pictured it would be from the start. Boston is much more talented overall than Miami. The difference has been coaching and effort. If Boston consistently plays with lots of effort and they play smart, there is no reason Miami should beat them.

Game 6 is a must win for Miami. The pressure they'd feel in game 7 from trying not to be the 1st team to ever lose a series after being up 3-0 will be immense.
Agreed. This game 6 will be a chance to see if playoff jimmy is really a legit force or not. Can he will his team to 1 more victory to get them to the finals…where they will lose to Denver lol

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Yeah i think Miami needs to win tonight or we'll see our first 0-3 comeback.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Boston wins game 7, Boston owns all 3 greatest comebacks in sports history.

2004 Red Sox
2016 Pats
2023 Celtics

Wild, still got to win game 7 but Miami is def at a standing 8 count

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still don't want to count Jimmy out but he has got to show up allot earlier than he did tonight.
Jimmy was pretty much invisible until the last 2 minutes...just imagine if he shoots like even 35% tonight, Heat probably take this one easily.

Jimmy and Bam somehow made the Bulls offense this season look good by comparison with how they played tonight

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If Boston wins game 7, Boston owns all 3 greatest comebacks in sports history.

2004 Red Sox
2016 Pats
2023 Celtics

Wild, still got to win game 7 but Miami is def at a standing 8 count
Wait…I thought you said the Heat were the best 8th seed in history?!?!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Bucks hiring Adrian Griffin, which is who I wanted the Bulls to hire.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Jimmy's big night.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Well that was harder than it needed to be for Miami. Still no team has come back from 0-3 even with favoring circumstances.