I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Y’all need to put some respect on the great former bull, Carmelo Anthony’s name! Along with @JordanSigler ’s name! ?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This franchise has become the laughing stock of the NBA.....

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
They should be fired if they attempt to do this.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
They should be fired if they attempt to do this.

Whys that? Lonzo is dead and Paul is a better player than Caruso, even at 75 years old. The article speculated the Bulls could even get some 2nds back.

The only drawback is that Paul is signed through the 24-25 season. That said, so is lonzo and Caruso so it’s a wash in terms of financial commitment / flexibility. It’d be hard to root for CP, but it’s actually a pretty good deal for the Bulls. I have no idea why PHX would be interested though

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Nothing assures a lack of postseason success quite like adding Chris Paul to your roster.

Well, adding Carmelo Anthony, but he's retiring. Maybe Westbrook.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Whys that? Lonzo is dead and Paul is a better player than Caruso, even at 75 years old. The article speculated the Bulls could even get some 2nds back.

The only drawback is that Paul is signed through the 24-25 season. That said, so is lonzo and Caruso so it’s a wash in terms of financial commitment / flexibility. It’d be hard to root for CP, but it’s actually a pretty good deal for the Bulls. I have no idea why PHX would be interested though
Chris Paul was looking done in the playoffs. Caruso is one our most valuable players I'd rather flip him for a 1st or 2.

Paul's contract isn't as bad as it looks though: Next season is only partially guaranteed and his final year is non-guaranteed making his contract a good way to shed Lonzo's salary while not having to do a stretch or rely on medical retirement.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Chris Paul was looking done in the playoffs. Caruso is one our most valuable players I'd rather flip him for a 1st or 2.

Paul's contract isn't as bad as it looks though: Next season is only partially guaranteed and his final year is non-guaranteed making his contract a good way to shed Lonzo's salary while not having to do a stretch or rely on medical retirement.

I’d be down to flip Caruso too, especially if it nets you multiple 1sts but that remains to be seen. Seeing how AK treats 1st round picks like bubble gum, and how he seemingly does not want to tear down and “rebuild,” I think he’d be more inclined to make the CP deal happen. I didn’t realize his contract is only partially GTD next year and non-guaranteed his final year. That’s even better

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, with Lonzo situation and LaVine/DeRozan shelf life, its a wild desperate move but if we can't get Lilliard?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Nothing assures a lack of postseason success quite like adding Chris Paul to your roster.

Well, adding Carmelo Anthony, but he's retiring. Maybe Westbrook.
It’s the Bulls so a lack of post season success is inevitable. It gets you in the post season though, which is all the FO really cares about. And it gets you out from the lonzo contract. I don’t think the FO has any desire to rebuild or tear down. Getting into the playoffs would be viewed as a success for this regime

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It’s the Bulls so a lack of post season success is inevitable. It gets you in the post season though, which is all the FO really cares about. And it gets you out from the lonzo contract. I don’t think the FO has any desire to rebuild or tear down. Getting into the playoffs would be viewed as a success for this regime
Maybe for them, but not for me. Chris Paul would be impossible to root for. He's a douche.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Maybe for them, but not for me. Chris Paul would be impossible to root for. He's a douche.
Sure. He’s one of my least favorite players in the league. I’ve always respected his game…but as a person, not a fan.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I've been thinking if Melo doesn't sign that 5 year deal in 2006 and instead signs a 3 year deal like Bron/Wade/Bosh did it's possible he ends up in Miami and we end up with Bosh instead of Boozer.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who comes up with these trade ideas?