Whomst has the best RB room that will put the fear of GOD into other teams - Baers or Lions?

which room is better with the RBs currently inside of it?

• Total voters

alswank87

Liked Posts:
Montgomery is a mediocre runner. Herbert and Foreman were two of the most efficient runners in the NFL last year, Montgomery was one of the most inefficient runners. He is not a good running back. He is a solid pass protector and reliable receiver, so, yes, he's better all around but he is significantly worse at the most important aspect of being a running back. Gibbs is an undersized rotational back inexplicably taken 12th overall. Roschon Johnson is a potential.3 down back who lacks Gibbs dynamic upside but was an excellent pass blocker and dependable receiver.

At this point, the Bears have a better running back room. Maybe Gibbs is Alvin Kamera 2.0, but his ability to handle a heavy workload is unknown. I think he's a part time runner who will do most of his work in the passing game. Montgomery is the definition of a replacement level.player. Foreman and Herbert have proven they can be high level runners. No one on Detroit's roster has proven thst.
That’s a nice opinion. I think you’re wearing those rose colored glasses though.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe I had a #calledit about the Bears looking for an RB who can throw at a high level, last year. If they do utilize him for that in any capacity I am going to have to ask @Black Rainbow to search his dossier of CCS screenshots for my post about that.
Well, I guess it is a big plus to have a Rb that can throw the ball, when you don't have a QB that can do it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Montgomery is a mediocre runner. Herbert and Foreman were two of the most efficient runners in the NFL last year, Montgomery was one of the most inefficient runners. He is not a good running back. He is a solid pass protector and reliable receiver, so, yes, he's better all around but he is significantly worse at the most important aspect of being a running back. Gibbs is an undersized rotational back inexplicably taken 12th overall. Roschon Johnson is a potential.3 down back who lacks Gibbs dynamic upside but was an excellent pass blocker and dependable receiver.

At this point, the Bears have a better running back room. Maybe Gibbs is Alvin Kamera 2.0, but his ability to handle a heavy workload is unknown. I think he's a part time runner who will do most of his work in the passing game. Montgomery is the definition of a replacement level.player. Foreman and Herbert have proven they can be high level runners. No one on Detroit's roster has proven thst.
Imagine trying to justify that your fourth-round draft pick RB is better than a first round pick, then saying a RB that was clearly the starter for your team last year is somehow less than the guy that played second fiddle. That is some good shit you be drinking.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
The only person who has been in both rooms in the group is Montgomery. Whichever room is decorated to his preference must be the better room for RBs

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Herbert is near Monty, but I still consider Monty a better all round back.

Then they have Gibbs, which we just don’t have an answer for.

Montgomery was one of the least explosive RBs in the NFL. I think he had 1 rush that went over 20 yards. Just 1

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imagine trying to justify that your fourth-round draft pick RB is better than a first round pick, then saying a RB that was clearly the starter for your team last year is somehow less than the guy that played second fiddle. That is some good shit you be drinking.

Imagine trying to say a RB with 4.0 ypc is better than one that was at 5.7

Oh look its the fucking Special person again

:jonesy:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine trying to say a RB with 4.0 ypc is better than one that was at 5.7

Oh look its the fucking Special person again

:jonesy:
Then why was Monty the starter on the Bears?
Obviously, Everpussy is a moron?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Agree completely but one could also offer up that if the hype around ROJO is justified, Baers could be in better shape all around. Can Gibbs throw the ball????

Also lol @hyatt151 picking Loins. He's obv a closet lions fan if you look at his recent post history.
he 100% is a closet Lions fan. Fucking boomer is on his way out anyways. BYE BYE

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:

Where did I say Roschon Johnson was better than Gibbs? I think Gibbs has a lot of potential. I have questions about how big a role he can play. They are both complete unknowns. Johnson has a much better chance at being a 3 down back because of his size and blocking/receiving ability, but he obviously doesn't have the explosive upside of Gibbs.

And Herbert was clearly the better runner. It's not even close. So is Foreman. I still don't know why Montgomery was the starter considering he barely outrushed Herbert with 70 more carries. My only guess is the Bears trusted him in pass pro and/or as a receiver because Herbert outperformed him over and over again.

Herbert/Foreman are way better runners than Montgomery. Not even close. Montgomery is a much better pass blocker. If that tilts it in his favor for you, cool. He is not a good runner.

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
That’s a nice opinion. I think you’re wearing those rose colored glasses though.

Nothing about my post is opinion. Herbert and Foreman were two of the most efficient backs in the NFL last year, Montgomery was one of the least efficient backs. Gibbs and Johnson are unknown since they are rookies. Gibbs has a lot of upside. Johnson has 3 down potential.. Montgomery is a better receiver and blocker than Foreman or Herbert. What did I say that was an opinion?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Foreman - 914 yards 4.5 YPC, 3.26 YCO
Monty - 801 yards 4.0 YPC, 2.90 YCO
Herbert - 731 yards 5.7 YPC, 3.67 YCO

Bears have a considerable advantage when it comes to established runners. Gibbs isnt enough to close that gap especially when factoring in Bears also have RoJo.

I also think Gibbs is limited as a runner and his value is moreso in being able to catch so Bears are better in terms of pure running so I lean Bears until Gibbs proves he can be a CMC type performer.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Herbert also had more TDs and less fumbles (0 for Herbert and 1 for Monty)

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Foreman - 914 yards 4.5 YPC, 3.26 YCO
Monty - 801 yards 4.0 YPC, 2.90 YCO
Herbert - 731 yards 5.7 YPC, 3.67 YCO

Bears have a considerable advantage when it comes to established runners. Gibbs isnt enough to close that gap especially when factoring in Bears also have RoJo.

I also think Gibbs is limited as a runner and his value is moreso in being able to catch so Bears are better in terms of pure running so I lean Bears until Gibbs proves he can be a CMC type performer.
Answer me this, who is the fastest? Defenses will not have to game plan for Foreman or Herbert, while Gibbs will put the fear of god in them. Herbert, Rojo, Foreman, none of those lined up in the slot or out of the backfield as a receiver scare anybody.
Odd how last year you were telling me how much a better back Monty was than Swift, and when I pointed out Swift had more YPC, you said that did not mean anything, now this year it means everything. Talking out of both sides of your mouth again, I see.

You have spent a considerable amount of time telling me the Bears have a better run blocking line than the Lions, let's see what happens to Monty's YPC this year to see how that pans out.

Herbert is so one dimensional, he telegraphs to the defense what the Bears are going to do when he is in. Getting 5.7 YPC when you are used on third and 8 is a win for the defense.

But hey, Bears have a Qb that is a running back, and now they have a Rb that is a QB.
Brilliant!

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fear of God ??

You're delusional
Gibbs runs a 4.3, going to be a joy watching your LB's try to cover him.
For comparison, Khali Herbert runs a 4.7........
Rojo a 4.6

"At the NFL Combine, Johnson didn't show elite speed or athleticism in running a 4.58 40-yard dash and posting a 31.5-inch vertical, but at 219 pounds, he profiles as a power back with a downhill style and plenty of physicality to finish runs and break tackles"

Yawn

Last edited:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bears have a rookie wild card that could be a force.

The Lions have a rookie that could be a force.

The rest of the bears guys have been back ups their whole career.

The Lions have the bears starter from last year, who started over the Bears most likely number 1 guy to start the season.

You have to be a homer to think our backfield is better than the lions.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Foreman has been a rotational piece for a while now