OT: Prince Fielder to AL

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I apologize if it looks like I was dissing Paul Konerko. That was not the intention, it was more to say that Paul Konerko is a first baseman who is defensively better than Dunn and Prince Fielder combined and therefore it made no sense for the White Sox to overpay for Prince Fielder. Bad timing, too much money, not enough positions.

No worries. I knew you were just throwing a name out as an example. It's all good. :)

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disabled sig, so no. Not a splash? That's basically buying ourselves a top 10 prospect in the MLB. That's a pretty big thing to do. Then you go and compare giving a guy who has never played above A ball 50-60 million dollars to giving a proven MLBer 10. Right, that makes a whole fuckload of sense. If you say it's not a big splash, then I guess it's not a big splash.

Yeah, I was wrong about them. So what? That's why I'm not the guy in charge. But I can totally get behind what Thoyer is doing.

Thoyer. :obama:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disabled sig, so no. Not a splash? That's basically buying ourselves a top 10 prospect in the MLB. That's a pretty big thing to do. Then you go and compare giving a guy who has never played above A ball 50-60 million dollars to giving a proven MLBer 10. Right, that makes a whole fuckload of sense. If you say it's not a big splash, then I guess it's not a big splash.

Yeah, I was wrong about them. So what? That's why I'm not the guy in charge. But I can totally get behind what Thoyer is doing.

do you know the def of a big splash? you are delusional kid.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Neither have you...ever.

Yes, I have.

You have to take into account the new CBA, though. We'll never be able to do this with another IFA. You don't consider Darvish a big splash. That's basically the same contract. Of course there is no posting fee, but he'd be an equal contract with far less experience(meaning he has played at a lower level.) Sure, it's borderline, but it's a big signing nonetheless, plus when you take into account that we'll likely get Soler and Concepcion too.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please stop being such a kaplan of message boards.
David+Kaplan+2.jpg

How dare you criticize me. My local neighborhood stray cats told me that the Cubs were landing both Fielder & Pujols.

Chi_Sports_guy

Liked Posts:
Cabrera will most likely play third, and fielder first. And maybe the will take turns at the DH position. We'll see what happens. But as far as baseball goes...GO CUBS GO!

May the Force be with you.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, he's gone half the off-season building assets building toward the future, but now he's going to change things up. :rolleyes:
he could...you dont know that

*Maybe* he does have a different plan, but it's not hard to see how the Cubs are being connected to the Cubans and let's be serious here, Theo isn't a Special person. He realizes that this is the last chance we can assert ourselves as a big market in the international free agent scene. Do you *really* think he's going to pass up the opportunity?

no duh...and i never said he wasnt going to sign some cuban prospect

but Theo plays the card close..there's alot that goes behind the scene..perhaps other clubs have interest..or perhaps particular players want more

i'm not saying the cubs wont get a couple of signings..i'm saying that there's no way of exactly knowing until its done

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd recommend that if you want to discuss Cespedes, do it in the thread in the rumors forum.

This thread is for lamenting how good the Detroit Tigers will be for about two years before all those contracts collapse on each other :lol:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
i'm not saying the cubs wont get a couple of signings..i'm saying that there's no way of exactly knowing until its done

This is true, especially since the Chicago media no longer has an inside edge. All the big transactions were leaked literally hours before they were finalized. That's true of most transactions before officially official, but in most cases there were no signs that such a transaction would happen until it did happen.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he could...you dont know that

no duh...and i never said he wasnt going to sign some cuban prospect

but Theo plays the card close..there's alot that goes behind the scene..perhaps other clubs have interest..or perhaps particular players want more

hence Fielder going to the tigers. thats baseball for ya, you just never know what is going on.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Angels/Tigers ALCS?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
David+Kaplan+2.jpg

How dare you criticize me. My local neighborhood stray cats told me that the Cubs were landing both Fielder & Pujols.

Stray cat joke is almost as old as the JoeHawks88 nameplay. Stop.

On another note, I guess CO's gonna have to wait to laugh when the Cubs sign Fielder... it's going to take at least nine years. :shifty: