Broncos want Caleb Hanie as Peyton Manning’s backup

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Meh. Hanie isn't worth defending. But I have to do it.

You guys are way over the top on this guy. He sucks, YES HE SUCKS. But damn, he was A.) Inexperienced, B.) Victim # 2046 to the great offensive genius named Martz, and C.) was playing behind our fucked up line with 1 less blocker than a reasonable OC would have used. Who the fuck does that?

Give the kid a break, get your priorities straight, and stop ignoring the real reason why he couldn't do jack here.

I think he just set a rather high bar for himself by nearly bringing the Bears back in the NFC title game.

He wasn't all that good, but I don't think anyone was that surprised by that because of the reasons you listed. I still think he did enough to win two of those games: Kansas City and Denver.

Against KC he had the Bears in the red zone with a chance to tie and fired a nice pass to Roy Williams that would've set up a first and goal. But Williams decided catching the pass wasn't worth it, KC got the pick, ball game.

I don't think I need to into much detail on the Denver game ... Bears had that victory twice and let it go--and I'd put neither of those on Hanie.

Whenever your backup QB plays, some onus has to fall on the guys around him to carry the burden of making plays. Didn't happen last season.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he just set a rather high bar for himself by nearly bringing the Bears back in the NFC title game.

He wasn't all that good, but I don't think anyone was that surprised by that because of the reasons you listed. I still think he did enough to win two of those games: Kansas City and Denver.

Against KC he had the Bears in the red zone with a chance to tie and fired a nice pass to Roy Williams that would've set up a first and goal. But Williams decided catching the pass wasn't worth it, KC got the pick, ball game.

I don't think I need to into much detail on the Denver game ... Bears had that victory twice and let it go--and I'd put neither of those on Hanie.

Whenever your backup QB plays, some onus has to fall on the guys around him to carry the burden of making plays. Didn't happen last season.

those guys droppin balls are gone. Williams, Barber...Knox is a pretzel... Hanie throwing picks. Good offseason so far.