The Troll Persecution has begun.

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
Only in Arizona.

:troll: "Why iz i could be illegal?"

Trolling could be made illegal in Arizona

3rd Apr 2012

The fine art of Internet trolling could be made illegal in the state of Arizona, according to a new law waiting approval.

Brace yourselves, the government could be coming for the fine trolls of Arizona state in the United States. An update to the state’s telecommunications harassment bill could result in (not limited to) Internet trolls being hit with at least a class 1 misdemeanor.

The Arizona House Bill 2549 which was passed in both houses last week Thursday, is now waiting for final approval from the state’s governor.

According to Section 1, part A of bill:

It is unlawful for any person, with intent to terrify, intimidate, threaten, harass, annoy or offend, to use a ANY ELECTRONIC OR DIGITAL DEVICE and use any obscene, lewd or profane language or suggest any lewd or lascivious act, or threaten to inflict physical harm to the person or property of any person.

This means that if you troll on the Internet, on a telephone, on a CB radio, or ANYTHING that is electronic or digital, you could be arrested.

Persons going on to use electronic or digital devices to stalk someone else would deemed as committing either a class 3 or class 5 felony, depending on the severity of the circumstances.

This obviously comes as a big hit for users of sites like 4chan, YouTube, Facebook, and Reddit, where there are a fair share of trolls. The sad thing about the situation is that most trolling isn’t done to harm anyone. Sure there might be a few bumping of heads, but it rarely results in any serious harm. If anything, they could have kept the section about stalking, but remove the section about basic trolling.

Government officials however believe that the bill will help their efforts to curb the issue of online bullying.

As mentioned before, the bill is still waiting approval, so there is still a chance it could get thrown out all together.

Last edited:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Only in Arizona.

:troll: "Why iz i could be illegal?"

3rd Apr 2012

The fine art of Internet trolling could be made illegal in the state of Arizona, according to a new law waiting approval.

Brace yourselves, the government could be coming for the fine trolls of Arizona state in the United States. An update to the state’s telecommunications harassment bill could result in (not limited to) Internet trolls being hit with at least a class 1 misdemeanor.

The Arizona House Bill 2549 which was passed in both houses last week Thursday, is now waiting for final approval from the state’s governor.

According to Section 1, part A of bill:

It is unlawful for any person, with intent to terrify, intimidate, threaten, harass, annoy or offend, to use a ANY ELECTRONIC OR DIGITAL DEVICE and use any obscene, lewd or profane language or suggest any lewd or lascivious act, or threaten to inflict physical harm to the person or property of any person.

This means that if you troll on the Internet, on a telephone, on a CB radio, or ANYTHING that is electronic or digital, you could be arrested.

Persons going on to use electronic or digital devices to stalk someone else would deemed as committing either a class 3 or class 5 felony, depending on the severity of the circumstances.

This obviously comes as a big hit for users of sites like 4chan, YouTube, Facebook, and Reddit, where there are a fair share of trolls. The sad thing about the situation is that most trolling isn’t done to harm anyone. Sure there might be a few bumping of heads, but it rarely results in any serious harm. If anything, they could have kept the section about stalking, but remove the section about basic trolling.

Government officials however believe that the bill will help their efforts to curb the issue of online bullying.

As mentioned before, the bill is still waiting approval, so there is still a chance it could get thrown out all together.

Oh God NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! I better call a Lawyer. :troll:
unleash-the-super-troll.jpg

I'm glad I don't. Live in Arizona.
They would ship me out with the mexicans. :troll:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Another reason to hate Arizona. And to think, my fiance always brags about how fun it was when she used to live there....

:dunno:

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's no chance this gets approved....right?

I can understand doing something about threatening someone's life. But annoyance, lewd language? C'mon Arizona, you already suck enough.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol this is a slippery slope...could be a gateway to larger scale censorship

and ya arizona is Special person