Official Breaking Bad Thread (Vol. Better Call Saul S5)

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Anybody ever watch Boardwalk Empire? I need to feel a huge void in my life now that Breaking Bad has left me. All I got left now is How I Met Your Mother and that's on the final countdown as well

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anybody ever watch Boardwalk Empire? I need to feel a huge void in my life now that Breaking Bad has left me. All I got left now is How I Met Your Mother and that's on the final countdown as well

Breaking Bad was the shit. Made up for the fucking stupid Dexter ending last week. Also, yea I watch Boardwalk. Its awesome! It gets better every season!

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Not only am I thankful for this show and it's memories, but also for introducing me to the song Crystal Blue Persuasion. I don't know if it's because it's associated with this show now, but I love that song.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have been fortunate to watch some great shows over the years...The Honeymooners, Seinfeld, The Sopranos etc...Breaking bad beat em all.. I feel like I lost my dog now that it's gone

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Man, I don't even know hot to feel about the finale. It wasn't bad... They resolved the issue with Jack, Jesse got to kill Todd [fuck yes], Lydia died, Walt got to say a proper goodbye to Skyler and Holly, and let Skyler know he wasn't the one that killed Hank, so Jr. could know as well... He found a way to get them money [hopefully]... and he finally admitted he did all of that for himself.

But I still feel like there was something missing. Like BrudderBear, I feel like there should have been more between Jesse and Walt. Yes, Walt saved Jesse and didn't kill him... So Jesse knows that in the end, Walt really did care about him after everything that has happened. But how does Jesse feel about Walt? Is he really thankful that Walt saved him? Based on the little we saw, I'd guess kinda.. but he still probably doesn't give a shit about Walt. And what happens to Jesse anyway? Okay, he's free... but then what? He has no cash, the cops have been looking for him because they know he was with Hank helping him to get Walt [because of what Marie told them].. but what happens to him now? Jail? Running from the cops? The cops cut him a deal since he tried helping the DEA?

Overall, a good finale though. Sad to see the show end.

Jesse killing Todd was definitely the best part, imo. And Walt killing Jack. The part with Elliot and Gretchen was pretty badass too. Loved how he was in their home all calm and shit without giving a fuck.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
BNB..I think Jesse still had money left...Didnt he?? Plus there is the unresolved issue of Walts/Jacks money hidden somewhere

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
BNB..I think Jesse still had money left...Didnt he?? Plus there is the unresolved issue of Walts/Jacks money hidden somewhere

Well he had the 5 million, but then he threw it out the window, remember?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with all the sentiments here. I could literally thank all of them.

I feel the same way about Jesse and Walt. Felt like there could have been WAY better closure. I also thought for sure that Walt and Skyler could hug, but WTF do I know? They gave us the best show WE'VE ever seen. The must have strongly felt that their relationship died in the desert. The directors made us feel as if, boom, that was it.

I feel like they should have been given a full TWO hours. That's the least AMC could do. BB made AMC very
sticker,375x360.u4.png

Reactions: BNB

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
I know these shows are like polar opposites but does anybody else watch How I Met Your Mother?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Finally watched it last night. What an ending. I thought it was perfect.

JPPT1974

April Showers and Easter 2024!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Seattle Mariners
  1. Los Angeles FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Tennessee Titans
  1. St. Louis Blues
  1. Kentucky Wildcats
When Walter White finally died, the show died with him. He IS Breaking Bad!

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like they should have been given a full TWO hours. That's the least AMC could do.

Pretty sure the original plan was to air 14 one hour episodes with a two hour finale all last summer, but AMC wanted to milk it and broke it up over two summers.

I still feel like there was something missing. Like BrudderBear, I feel like there should have been more between Jesse and Walt. Yes, Walt saved Jesse and didn't kill him... So Jesse knows that in the end, Walt really did care about him after everything that has happened. But how does Jesse feel about Walt? Is he really thankful that Walt saved him? Based on the little we saw, I'd guess kinda.. but he still probably doesn't give a shit about Walt. And what happens to Jesse anyway? Okay, he's free... but then what? He has no cash, the cops have been looking for him because they know he was with Hank helping him to get Walt [because of what Marie told them].. but what happens to him now? Jail? Running from the cops? The cops cut him a deal since he tried helping the DEA?

I don't know how much more you really needed between Walter and Jesse. I just don't think there is any real kind of conversation you can have that wouldn't have just felt scripted. In my eyes, there was literally no words for the moment...other than the stand-off with the gun, which was brilliant (it succinctly conveys that Jesse is done with Walter, "Nothing happens until you tell me you want this!"). It also stands to reason that Jesse was breaking down mentally by the time the final scene comes up. He's been nothing more than a shackled slave for close to three months...some emotional speech seems too taxing for the moment (especially with the adrenaline stick kicking after the massacre).

I like the small moment Walt and Jesse share outside...it was perfect. The visual is so much stronger. Which is also why I thought the final scene of Walter in the lab was brilliant. He truly loved what he did...even if it cost him everything.

As far as what happens to Jesse in the long run...it's irrelevant. My guess...ALASKA BITCH!!!

Don't know what more to add...it was a great ending to a brilliant show.

BrudderBear

Mr House,Mojave Wasteland
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure the original plan was to air 14 one hour episodes with a two hour finale all last summer, but AMC wanted to milk it and broke it up over two summers.

I don't know how much more you really needed between Walter and Jesse. I just don't think there is any real kind of conversation you can have that wouldn't have just felt scripted. In my eyes, there was literally no words for the moment...other than the stand-off with the gun, which was brilliant (it succinctly conveys that Jesse is done with Walter, "Nothing happens until you tell me you want this!"). It also stands to reason that Jesse was breaking down mentally by the time the final scene comes up. He's been nothing more than a shackled slave for close to three months...some emotional speech seems too taxing for the moment (especially with the adrenaline stick kicking after the massacre).

I like the small moment Walt and Jesse share outside...it was perfect. The visual is so much stronger. Which is also why I thought the final scene of Walter in the lab was brilliant. He truly loved what he did...even if it cost him everything.
As far as what happens to Jesse in the long run...it's irrelevant. My guess...ALASKA BITCH!!!

Don't know what more to add...it was a great ending to a brilliant show.

Yeah... I like that. I cared more about Walt and Jesse's relationship more than anything else in the show so I guess it explains my need for more of a bigger moment. But what you said makes me think differently.