Luol Deng and the Bulls Need a Healthy Wrist

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
...Over the last month of games, any fan that was courteous enough to stick around and watch the games will tell you the same thing. Luol is grabbing his wrist after any contact made with that left wrist. His shooting goes flat, and his confidence when it comes to going after balls with that left hand is at an all-time low.

http://www.chicitysports.com/2013/03/10/luol-deng-and-the-bulls-need-a-healthy-wrist/

I never ask for self promotion of articles, but for this one Retweet and share/like please. TYIA :D

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love Lu but he did not deserve to be an All-star this year. He is going to be ineffective offensively by the time the playoffs come because he did not get the surgery. The Bulls would have honestly been better off tanking this year. Amnestying Boozer before this season/Having Deng have his surgery/Rose out for the entire season/trading Taj for a pick or two.

That would have been a great basketball decision. They instead made the business decision because of giving their season ticket holders false hope.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
I don't agree. Deng simply has nothing else to offer. And he has reached his peak. It's natural for him to have worse stats now because that stats were the highest he could have. So... Deng and the Bulls need a TRADE. The sooner, the better.

And I really like Deng. If he had a second superstar, I wouldn't mind having him as the 3rd best offensive player. Actually if we get a second superstar Rose, 2nd superstar, Noah and Deng would be a killer team.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't agree. Deng simply has nothing else to offer. And he has reached his peak. It's natural for him to have worse stats now because that stats were the highest he could have. So... Deng and the Bulls need a TRADE. The sooner, the better.

And I really like Deng. If he had a second superstar, I wouldn't mind having him as the 3rd best offensive player. Actually if we get a second superstar Rose, 2nd superstar, Noah and Deng would be a killer team.

You don't agree with what? That getting the surgery and being ready for next season with a good wrist INCREASES his trade value? I'm lost.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Deng's wrist has been effecting him for two years now. There is no arguing that- it is obvious from watching the games and looking at the shooting percentages. Those shots that Deng used to make under the rim while taking contact (especially after offensive boards) are not dropping. His outside shooting is terrible. Those kind of open mid-range shots used to be automatic for him. Not anymore. The funny thing is that he did a lot to improve his ball handling after the 2011 season but that has been negated by the wrist injury. It is ironic how his two all-star seasons are his worst offensive seasons from a shooting perspective.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Deng refuses surgery again next season for some idiotic reason, trade him...

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
You don't agree with what? That getting the surgery and being ready for next season with a good wrist INCREASES his trade value? I'm lost.

I don't agree that his wrist is the reason for this drop in the stats. It's Rose's absence first of all. And then what I said about Deng. He has reached his peak. If the Lakers can trade Bynum with a destroyed leg and get something good in return, then the Bulls can trade Deng with a problem in his wrist. Let someone else to have Deng's wrist problem next year.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't agree that his wrist is the reason for this drop in the stats. It's Rose's absence first of all. And then what I said about Deng. He has reached his peak. If the Lakers can trade Bynum with a destroyed leg and get something good in return, then the Bulls can trade Deng with a problem in his wrist. Let someone else to have Deng's wrist problem next year.

What explains Deng's drop in shooting percentage last year even with Derrick Rose for over half of the season then? Wrist pain effects you a lot trying to shoot a ball even when it isn't your shooting hand. If you deny that then you haven't played a lot of ball.

And Bynum passed a physical and nobody knows the true state of his knees besides his doctors. You are just trying to compare apples to oranges because it is obvious you want Deng traded.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Deng will pass a physical too. So who else knows about Deng's wrist other than him? Let this thing to be someone else's problem next year. You can't resign Deng. He will demand more money. So why not getting something good back in return for him?

Also he didn't play with Rose last year. Rose missed 23/62 games. They didn't play many games together. I mean Deng with a hurt wrist and Rose.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love Lu but he did not deserve to be an All-star this year. He is going to be ineffective offensively by the time the playoffs come because he did not get the surgery. The Bulls would have honestly been better off tanking this year. Amnestying Boozer before this season/Having Deng have his surgery/Rose out for the entire season/trading Taj for a pick or two.

That would have been a great basketball decision. They instead made the business decision because of giving their season ticket holders false hope.

And had we Amnesty for Boozer, we could have signed Asik

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hopefully the Bulls can find takers for Deng's expiring deal and Boozer in order to reacquire some assets. Hell, try to ship out Gibson, too. Some very poor personnel decisions made over the last calender year.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully the Bulls can find takers for Deng's expiring deal and Boozer in order to reacquire some assets. Hell, try to ship out Gibson, too. Some very poor personnel decisions made over the last calender year.

Just amnesty the fucker. Not sure how much trade value he has. Once he's traded he can't be amnestied.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Just amnesty the fucker. Not sure how much trade value he has. Once he's traded he can't be amnestied.

Try telling Jerry to pay someone to play for another team (even though the amnesty clause doesn't count against the cap or luxury tax).

Motor Boating

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well gee...just blow up the team. Trade everyone...we're not going anywhere anyway. :derbulls:

DCguy

Liked Posts:
I really wanted Deng to get the surgery after the olympics. I would have been fine with that.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not even after contact all the time... after a shot with no contact, he grabs his wrist. I noticed that yesterday in the game yesterday.