Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I know you don't want the inmates to run the asylum, but why bother keeping Tucker? I don't see the value in that. Figure out if Pasquoloni is a guy we want to keep around or not as DC.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ouch, the dreaded players only meeting. I thought these were usually team wide though and not just one unit. From what I see the O and ST could maybe use one of those as well.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Making a lot out of nothing IMO. This happens often when one group feels they are struggling or underpreforming. Usually it is the leaders/players of that group that call together the meeting. In a sense they are saying to themselves, the performance is on us as players and we, as a group, need to improve. Essentially calling themselves out.

People can draw the conclusion they are revolting against their coaches, but that is an assumption and a borderline reach.

Foul Phil

CCS Thread Ender
Liked Posts:
When I was watching this past Sunday's game it did seem like the defense was bringing more pressure through LB and that rare safety blitz then they had all season. I even questioned if Tucker was calling the plays.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Making a lot out of nothing IMO. This happens often when one group feels they are struggling or underpreforming. Usually it is the leaders/players of that group that call together the meeting. In a sense they are saying to themselves, the performance is on us as players and we, as a group, need to improve. Essentially calling themselves out.

People can draw the conclusion they are revolting against their coaches, but that is an assumption and a borderline reach.

sooo Briggs didn't sleep through this one?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think you guys are making some big assumptions. Maybe it was a call out session where they went off on each other and didn't want the coaches in there. idk, just a counter assumption.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think you guys are making some big assumptions. Maybe it was a call out session where they went off on each other and didn't want the coaches in there. idk, just a counter assumption.

I think this is correct. More than likely a pride type meeting, like the shit is hitting the fan, we are getting embarassed, and we gotta make this thing work.

As a side note, I thought Briggs played awesome Sunday, all over the field. I think a lot of people are pretty simple and jump on the easy thing to jump on to sound right. There is no reason to be getting on Briggs about this past Sunday. And I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that he called or was instrumental in the defensive players meeting, which I personally consider a positive.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
does it really matter? does any really believe it will make the slightest difference?

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
does it really matter? does any really believe it will make the slightest difference?

You'd rather they just phone it in for the rest of the season? It's probably too little, too late...but I'm glad they're trying to do something to address this hot mess.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
You'd rather they just phone it in for the rest of the season? It's probably too little, too late...but I'm glad they're trying to do something to address this hot mess.

Would there be a noticeable difference?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There have been players-only meetings for a long long time. And I absolutely doubt that the defense was on their own in that game. My quess is that some guys got pissed off at being the laughing stock of the NFL. By the way...... Briggs had a great game last Sunday and so did Jennings so something was positive out of that meeting.

Who among us have worked under a terrible damn boss but busted their asses anyway. I sure did and in the process some smart people recognized that and I got ahead in spite of the SOB.