(IST) WCF: (3) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (1) Anaheim Ducks

Who will win this matchup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
That makes no sense considering Tampa is on the east cost while Chicago isn't.

The Gulf Coast isn't the East Coast :smug2:

But they are in the "Atlantic" league so called because Boston and Florida are the only teams on the Atlantic coast-Most teams in it aren't even near it like Detroit/Ottawa.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Gulf Coast isn't the East Coast :smug2:

But they are in the "Atlantic" league so called because Boston and Florida are the only teams on the Atlantic coast-Most teams in it aren't even near it like Detroit/Ottawa.

Well Tampa is close enough. A lot closer than fucking Chicago.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hawks skated today. Nothing new to report. Lines same as they were at the end of the Minnesota series.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I saw tweets that looked like a barn, do they take the name Ducks very seriously or something?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Game day at last. Andersen is by far the easiest goalie we will have faced in the playoffs. Shut down Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler and we wiil do just fine.

Good luck this afternoon gentleman.

Adun

Liked Posts:
Ducks are better than last year when they took the Kings to game 7 after going down 2-0 (first game should have won actually, Kings tied with an empty net then won in ot.)

Don't know who to pick, so Hawks in 7

TCD

Liked Posts:
Game day at last. Andersen is by far the easiest goalie we will have faced in the playoffs. Shut down Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler and we wiil do just fine.

Good luck this afternoon gentleman.

Lol dubnyk tribar...dubnyk. They dont come worse than dubnyk. Andsersen is well above Dubnyk on the goalies list.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL @ DMelt and Space Invader

Thought the Hawks were gonna #STEAMROLL the Ducks easily?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
LOL @ DMelt and Space Invader

Thought the Hawks were gonna #STEAMROLL the Ducks easily?

Yep. Series is all over now. Looks like I was wrong. Might as well trade Toews and Kane, get something for them while you still can.

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure how I feel about this series right now. I have been saying to everyone that I have been more nervous for this WCF than I have in the past 7 years. I think that is because our once strong and proud defense is running on 4 men.

I know that hindsight is always 20/20, but trading Versteeg rather than Leddy in the offseason was the more logical move (Teuvo was more than capable). We then trade Clendenning, Brennan and Dahlbeck at the deadline, lose TvR to another injury and have Rosi out for the remainder of the playoffs. Now we are forced to play Rundbald and Kimo.

We went from having one of the deepest defense in all of the NHL, to the weakest in less than 4 months.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure how I feel about this series right now. I have been saying to everyone that I have been more nervous for this WCF than I have in the past 7 years. I think that is because our once strong and proud defense is running on 4 men.

I know that hindsight is always 20/20, but trading Versteeg rather than Leddy in the offseason was the more logical move (Teuvo was more than capable). We then trade Clendenning, Brennan and Dahlbeck at the deadline, lose TvR to another injury and have Rosi out for the remainder of the playoffs. Now we are forced to play Rundbald and Kimo.

We went from having one of the deepest defense in all of the NHL, to the weakest in less than 4 months.

One of the weakest?

:facepalm2:

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

Pretty great post (SRS). But I think the Hawks lacked grit today.

Need to shake up the pregame routiine for game 2 IMO.

These guys clearly weren't ready to play.....

TCD

Liked Posts:

Its more to do with the pairings than the players themselves. Once Q realizes that the Ducks are an offensive threat unlike the Preds and Wild (whom were no better than the Jets or Flames) he will be forced to pair his two best blueliners together. Until then it's a waiting game on Q as it usually is.

But yah you should be nervous about this series for sure. These other chumps who didn't watch an once of Ducks hockey this year still think it's last years Ducks team. Same goalie, same blueline, same forwards. They missed a few trades and roster changes since then and now. Wonder why the Ducks traded for Kesler? Wasn't to win in pre-season against the Hawks it was to increase their chances of beating the Hawks in the playoffs.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Its more to do with the pairings than the players themselves. Once Q realizes that the Ducks are an offensive threat unlike the Preds and Wild (whom were no better than the Jets or Flames) he will be forced to pair his two best blueliners together. Until then it's a waiting game on Q as it usually is.

But yah you should be nervous about this series for sure. These other chumps who didn't watch an once of Ducks hockey this year still think it's last years Ducks team. Same goalie, same blueline, same forwards. They missed a few trades and roaster changes since then and now. Wonder why the Ducks traded for Kesler? Wasn't to win in pre-season against the Hawks it was to increase their chances of beating the Hawks in the playoffs.

Stop being objective or you may be called a troll.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Stop being objective or you may be called a troll.

lol cost the Ducks Bonino and Sbisa a first and a third pick. For a guy that has a history of frustrating Toews to no end and mastering the art of throwing him off his game because Kesler is also a great 2 way forward. Just happens that Canucks jersey he always wore brought him down a little. Now that he is around winners like Getzlaf that Ryan Kesler is better than ever.

P.S. Hampus Lindhom might be one of the best young blueliners in the league And Sami Vatanen is a future Norris nominee if not winner. 90% of Hawk fans have never heard of these guys I am sure until now. Fowler has the ability to be one of the leagues best at times. But it's a young inexperienced defense and a young defense has never won a cup. That's a load of cliche bullshit that likes to be thrown around. Hawks weren't exactly the old timers blueline in 2010

PLUS throw in Jacob Silverberg as forward depth behind guys like Getz, Perry and Kesler? Silverberg is highly under-rated and hes having a deadly playoffs so far. Just incase these chumps aren't paying attention. Silverberg has more points than any Hawk player these playoffs not named Patrick Kane (they are tied). 4 goals and 9 assists +6 in 10 games for Silverberg. Pretty fucking impressive. Esp when you compare him to guys like Saad who has an outstanding 3 goals in 11 games and a -3. Hossa who has 1 goal and 7 assist in 11 games +2. Ugh.

Yah Saad has 3 points these playoffs. But here come the Saad defenders again telling me he wasn't worth putting in a package to trade for Ryan Kesler. DOOIIIIIIIII!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.