The Coach Q

TCD

Liked Posts:
I think you have to give Q the respect he deserves now. This was Qs strongest coached cup run. Fresh Legsgate aside I think he completely mind raped every other coach in these playoffs as he usually does and got the best out of every player. We have another Hall Of Famer here.

Anyone tries to tell me this time around that the team could have won this cup with any coach? I fart in your general direction.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Game 3 against Anaheim was a complete clusterfuck but otherwise I agree. I don't think we win a cup without him.

MaryChristine

hes a pure bad ass. hes an elite coach. how many are there in the league today? 2.. him and babcock. every other coach is a level below. any one who would seriously bitch about him is a total ape. i dont give a damn that he sat a couple players.. at the end of the day they went beastmode next game. great coaches can take the risk when they know what motivates each player. u should be thrilled and thankful to have a great coach. u could have capuano [emoji15]

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You saw those freshlegs legitimately help out. Steeger coming back and was the strongest skater in the last few games in his final.

But the actual respect needs to be there for him, and Kitchen on how they managed the Defense. To eliminate a major weakness by not having a real 3rd line instead having the few fill in shifts for those bottom 2 boys. Having the trust in those players to get it done was wise, and it's a key testament to why keeping Oduya over Leddy was the wise move for this teams cup shot this year.

His matching and swapping lines to get different set ups and matchups may not be what some people like because of consistency, but it has often shown to work well for teams in the playoffs. Just look at games 6-7 vs Anaheim, Bruce B just stood there and took it while the Hawks swapped their lines around fast for their desired matchups and dominated while Anaheim had no answer.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always felt the Q magic line generator was in use so come crunch time he could create whatever match up he wanted and the players would have some familiarity skating with whoever happened to be linemates at the time. Seems to work even though we bitch when Carcillo is skating on the 1st line. Can't complain about Q's performance.

I still hate the way the Organ-I-zation handled it when they hired Q though. Savard didn't deserve that..

TCD

Liked Posts:
Qs home got toilet papered haaaard again last night. Not sure why i like the tradition so much but it makes me laugh.

Paul is not laughing seeng such useful product go to waste.

Reactions: Ton

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
One of my favorite Hawks lineups ever created was Carcillo-Kane-Hossa during Novemeber/December 2011.. it was hot and working well too, creating one of the best set up goals ever by Kane to Hossa with Carcillo crashing the net. That was a tinkered line that worked until Carcillo went all Carcillo and hurt himself while getting himself suspended at the same moment.

I recall late in that season Sharp-Kruger-Stalberg was a high flying succeeding line while Toews was concussed. Some of those how are those lines, or how are those even top 6 lines were effective or fun for their thrills.

We may get to see some of things next year that look like that. Who knows what will happen in that new top 6, maybe Panarin-Teuvo-Kane steals some of the Triplets style for the Hawks. I do already expect at least 2 if not all 3 D lines in the regular season to do a lot of the mixed Core guy with young guys pairings. Johns or Paliota next to Keith could look fun, and hopefully far more effective than Dylan Olsen or Rundblad which were mainly just safety roles.

The TPing reminded me, remember when Q was known for the Salt n Pepper stache? Now it's just white washed away with hardly any gray in it these days. More pure white

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can't argue with this. He was brilliant (for the most part) these playoffs and the dividend is priceless.

#ObeyTheStache

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
hes a pure bad ass. hes an elite coach. how many are there in the league today? 2.. him and babcock. every other coach is a level below. any one who would seriously bitch about him is a total ape. i dont give a damn that he sat a couple players.. at the end of the day they went beastmode next game. great coaches can take the risk when they know what motivates each player. u should be thrilled and thankful to have a great coach. u could have capuano [emoji15]

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

Well played

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Q got shit on by too many "fans" these past few years, but the fact of the matter is he's a proven winner and while they say the Hawks have won "despite his decisions" I call bullshit. You don't win 3 fucking Stanley cups in 6 years "despite" someone's decisions. Maybe you get lucky and make the finals and maybe, MAYBE win one, but 3 of them? Fuck off.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Q got shit on by too many "fans" these past few years, but the fact of the matter is he's a proven winner and while they say the Hawks have won "despite his decisions" I call bullshit. You don't win 3 fucking Stanley cups in 6 years "despite" someone's decisions. Maybe you get lucky and make the finals and maybe, MAYBE win one, but 3 of them? Fuck off.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator
Q may have not been perfect--see also #FreshLegsGate, but the fact that he corrected, adapted, and paid off dividends is a damned great thing.

It's like Game 5 of the Anaheim series...yeah, the skaters distilled goatloads that game, but they regrouped and came out to win the series and the cup. IMHO there's no "in spite off..." They screwed up and fixed it. The fact that the Cup is on Chicago means all's right with the world. ;)

So, the point? No, Q didn't blunder his way into another cup like the Maxwell Smart of the hockey world. He hunkered down and did that coaching thing. He gets massive credit for that. #ObeyTheStache

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hold on, are there any potatoes not giving Q his due credit? I don't see how anyone can possibly act as if he had nothing to do with the 3 cups in the last six seasons.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regardless of how folks felt (or still feel) about the Fresh Legs incident, after that game both players picked their games up: TT picking up 3 goals and 4 assists ( 7 of his 10 playoff points) in the last 10 playoff games; Vermette scoring 3 game winning goals in that same stretch, including the first Hawk to score 2 GWGs in the finals.

Last edited:

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hold on, are there any potatoes not giving Q his due credit? I don't see how anyone can possibly act as if he had nothing to do with the 3 cups in the last six seasons.

There were 2 regular board members/Qhaters that have not come around for awhile now, they would usually just show up after Hawks losses.