End of The Dynasty

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't want to have to pull out a Josef Marha, but....

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I didn't want to have to pull out a Josef Marha, but....

My perpetual memory of Marha is when he took some stupid penalty in a game against the Blues. On the ensuing power play, Al MacInnis scored on a slapper that bounced of Thibault's glove and into the net, breaking one of Thibault's fingers in the process. He took off his glove and you could see the blood dripping off his hand. Meanwhile, Foley went on a tirade about how the Hawks were now trailing and their goalie was going on IR all because of a stupid penalty taken by a player with 5 points (or some number like that). One of my favorite Foley rants, second to the Karpovstev one of course.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My perpetual memory of Marha is when he took some stupid penalty in a game against the Blues. On the ensuing power play, Al MacInnis scored on a slapper that bounced of Thibault's glove and into the net, breaking one of Thibault's fingers in the process. He took off his glove and you could see the blood dripping off his hand. Meanwhile, Foley went on a tirade about how the Hawks were now trailing and their goalie was going on IR all because of a stupid penalty taken by a player with 5 points (or some number like that). One of my favorite Foley rants, second to the Karpovstev one of course.

Ahhh, I remember that injury and rant. Good memories.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I don't know who any of those people are that are being references. They are no longer in my memory and I have erased them from existence to reduce pain and relieve stress.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know who any of those people are that are being references. They are no longer in my memory and I have erased them from existence to reduce pain and relieve stress.

Do these jog your memory?!?!?

59576-3342392Bk.jpg

marha.jpg

Odelein

defenseman-lyle-odelein-of-the-chicago-blackhawks-looks-on-against-picture-id1472170

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Strange how Dmelt is leaving, just when RK appears... coincidence?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

You probably don't remember who Patrick Sharp is.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The Hawks never had a huge physical element but they tended to have one or two guys that could still throw the body around when needed, like the names you mentioned. Panik was the one who did it during the regular season, but didn't seem to do it much in this series. Fuck, the only hit I even remember was Duncan Keith's in Game 4. And I can't remember the last time I saw Keith throw a hit like that.

I agree, but it showed how badly the Smashville team took the hawks out of their game. I noticed Kane hitting a little more this season, since nobody was hitting on his behalf anymore. They seem stuck in the you dont hit our talent, we wont hit yours.

Most hits we hear about are something Pierre McGuier remembers Seabrook made back in 2013.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I agree, but it showed how badly the Smashville team took the hawks out of their game. I noticed Kane hitting a little more this season, since nobody was hitting on his behalf anymore. They seem stuck in the you dont hit our talent, we wont hit yours.

Most hits we hear about are something Pierre McGuier remembers Seabrook made back in 2013.

Or 2014.

seabrookbackes2.gif

Wakey wakey.