Kopech Ceiling an Ace, floor a reliever?

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
Good luck kid, don't read the papers or watch local tv sports news. The over-hype of the Chicago media can be burdensome!!!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Still no walks in August. :)

No real surprise that he struggled in the first. That said, love the way he got out of the jam. Second inning he was locking in. I am really excited to see his start on Sunday.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That rain really pissed me off.... I wanted to see Kopech pitch.

The fans were excited.

His family was there... he was throwing a good game.

Then the rain ruined it.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Did well, obviously he's going to have to get more efficient but what a nice start to his big league career.

Nobody's talking about it but Rodon has quietly been very good since returning. If he stays healthy and can bring his control up one notch he can be very tough.

Who's going to be the last starter next year after Rodon, Kopech, Lopez, and Gio?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Kinda sucks and feels like what the Mets went through. Hazards of build your rotation.

But at this rate he might return with Cease and could be a hell of a 1-2 punch.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Very deflating but is what it is. We have seen guys come back from this but it’s not something you want to bet on

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
First off thanks to all the Baseball fans for providing well wishes.

Secondly, It's a blow and that assumes he can come back in 2021 (yes I know it's 2020 but usually it takes a full year to regain)

Thirdly, it's time for Hahn and his team to decide if the window still opens in 2019 by signing any number of free agents. Of all the teams in baseball, the White Sox are right at the top as an organization from pieces on the MLB roster, minor league depth, and payroll flexibility. Hahn could do his own version of the Miami Heat/Golden State Warriors and still have a payroll right at $120 million. He could go after one of the top guys, resign Shields and still have a payroll around $60 million with the window opening a bit ready to be flung wide open in 2020.

Bottom line. Injuries happen. You do not avoid a pitcher because they might get injured and be out 12-24 months. You keep up the depth and some will go by the side and others will excel.

While it hurts, I still believe in the plan. I believe that Hahn knows what he's doing and until shown otherwise, I'm All In.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The plan is still sound and the moves they have made were all the right moves up to this point. Can’t blame them for injuries that happens. What we can judge is what they do going forward. How does the plan change and evolve after the injury. I’m not sure what they should do go heavy FA or stick to the draft and hope we get another stellar prospect

With the division as weak as it is it might be a good time to hit free agency and out somethjng togefher to compete

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I would see what they have with Rondon and Lopez. Give another year on Goleta and Fulmer. 16 mil with a 2 mil buy out on Shields. In a mulligan year the innings pay for it

CSF77

Liked Posts:
TJ is 1 year normal. They say 18 months due to 6 months to recondition the arm. I would get some work in in the fall/winter leagues pre-2020.

He might see a game or 2 at the end of 2019 if he is a fast healer.