Joe Maddon's Job Security

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I remember the '85 bears too, it wears off after while.

Let me ask you this, did the 90's Braves have a successful run despite winning just the one WS? I would argue that they were incredibly successful and keep in mind no one ever questioned Bobby Cox. Not saying it wouldn't be nice to have another WS or two but this is the best era of Cubs baseball any of us have ever experienced. To just dimiss that is asinine.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let me ask you this, did the 90's Braves have a successful run despite winning just the one WS? I would argue that they were incredibly successful and keep in mind no one ever questioned Bobby Cox. Not saying it wouldn't be nice to have another WS or two but this is the best era of Cubs baseball any of us have ever experienced. To just dimiss that is asinine.

You don’t remember that 1908 run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You don’t remember that 1908 run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From 1906-1910, they had 3 seasons with 100+ wins and another of 99. 4 WS appearances and 2 WS Championships. The 6 straight winning seasons from 1967-1972 was a pretty decent run, but this current team and its streak has included a WS Championship, so I'd say, they need to get another WS win and Maddon will be in Frank Chance territory.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
From 1906-1910, they had 3 seasons with 100+ wins and another of 99. 4 WS appearances and 2 WS Championships. The 6 straight winning seasons from 1967-1972 was a pretty decent run, but this current team and its streak has included a WS Championship, so I'd say, they need to get another WS win and Maddon will be in Frank Chance territory.

No "Chance"................:lmao:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Nope, we will always remember when they had a 2 game lead in the division. They should be up by 35 and wrapped up the World Series by now

CSF77

Liked Posts:
No "Chance"................:lmao:

2 WS after 108 years of failure is pretty remarkable in any sport much less in a in house icon.

The only reason why that run holds iconic values is because of the failure that followed.

So if that is true then braking said string of failure is just as iconic.

But in truth we over value it in general. It holds no more value than any other WS win. We just perceive it as more because of our own justification.

That is the same as a Card fan saying their team holds more value than the Cubs because of 11 WS rings. That is a fair arguement but that is their justification. It is their set of values in place.

I could just say: it is a sport and if that is so important to you that you have to set a value code to it. Maybe you need to live some more vs observe it.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2 WS after 108 years of failure is pretty remarkable in any sport much less in a in house icon.

The only reason why that run holds iconic values is because of the failure that followed.

So if that is true then braking said string of failure is just as iconic.

But in truth we over value it in general. It holds no more value than any other WS win. We just perceive it as more because of our own justification.

That is the same as a Card fan saying their team holds more value than the Cubs because of 11 WS rings. That is a fair arguement but that is their justification. It is their set of values in place.

I could just say: it is a sport and if that is so important to you that you have to set a value code to it. Maybe you need to live some more vs observe it.

Why don't you go out and buy yourself a sense of humor....you are obviously running short.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Why don't you go out and buy yourself a sense of humor....you are obviously running short.

Not really humorous. I like the Cubs. I don't live it. Anyone who does needs help IMO. I was actually being serious about it.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not really humorous. I like the Cubs. I don't live it. Anyone who does needs help IMO. I was actually being serious about it.

:dontcare:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
There is a difference between being a fan and being a fanatic.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
Nope, we will always remember when they had a 2 game lead in the division. They should be up by 35 and wrapped up the World Series by now

Soon to be a 1 game lead, lol. But keep being sarcastic, that's awesome.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
There is a difference between being a fan and being a fanatic.

Fan= casual
Fanatic= commonly found in American football stadiums.

And “real” football stadiums across the globe.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Fan= casual
Fanatic= commonly found in American football stadiums.

And “real” football stadiums across the globe.
You got it, CSF77. It's not mentally healthy to be so wrapped up in the teams you root for, that life is negatively impacted by whether or not the team wins or loses. It's like going to work the next day after a Cubs loss and letting that loss impact your job performance and how you react to co-workers. That is a sign of emotional immaturity.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Most of the shop talk is football where I’m at. Baseball is back burner and even then the guys talk NYY vs Red Sox or crappy SDP. Being separate from Cubs nation is nice IMO. Has more to do with my connections with childhood vs a sports obsession.

If it got that bad I would rather join a beer league and be a active part of my passion.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Most of the shop talk is football where I’m at. Baseball is back burner and even then the guys talk NYY vs Red Sox or crappy SDP. Being separate from Cubs nation is nice IMO. Has more to do with my connections with childhood vs a sports obsession.

If it got that bad I would rather join a beer league and be a active part of my passion.
The average person might say YOU are too wound up on the Cubs