Joe Maddon's Job Security

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
Maddon Saga not quite over...

Rumors are he and the Angels may have mutual interest

Question is will Theo allow him to interview for that job and if he does then we all know Maddon gone

That's fine. I would love to get Girardi.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
So Yankees get killed 16-1 and Severino was late to warmups so his routine was off. But Girardi was too hard on these guys huh? LMAO. Well, enjoy your players coach Yankees.
They won 100 games this year. The manager sucks. Fire him!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
So Yankees get killed 16-1 and Severino was late to warmups so his routine was off. But Girardi was too hard on these guys huh? LMAO. Well, enjoy your players coach Yankees.

He claimed he always starts his bullpen 7-10 minutes before game time. I dont follow how long pitchers warm up and his first time thru the order he was fine.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Why? Girardi did his best work more than a decade ago. He became a curmudgeon in New York and isn't the same manager he used to be. You're chasing a name.

I disagree with this. I'm a Maddon guy but if the Cubs did move on Girardi would be my choice. Dude didn't have a losing record in ten years and a lot of that stuff that came out about not using analytics and having a hard time with young players literally came out of the blue when he was let go. The Yankees moved on because they didn't want to pay a manager $5 mil per and they embellished to justify it. As a player Girardi was one of the early proponents of using analytics to prepare and if you listen to him speak on it he has a solid grasp and is very supportive of the approach. As far as young players, maybe he's better with veterans but other guys that played for him as young players disputed the Yankees assertions. The guy just wins. A year ago I would have had the Joes neck and neck and 3-4 as far as the best managers in the game.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I disagree with this. I'm a Maddon guy but if the Cubs did move on Girardi would be my choice. Dude didn't have a losing record in ten years and a lot of that stuff that came out about not using analytics and having a hard time with young players literally came out of the blue when he was let go. The Yankees moved on because they didn't want to pay a manager $5 mil per and they embellished to justify it. As a player Girardi was one of the early proponents of using analytics to prepare and if you listen to him speak on it he has a solid grasp and is very supportive of the approach. As far as young players, maybe he's better with veterans but other guys that played for him as young players disputed the Yankees assertions. The guy just wins. A year ago I would have had the Joes neck and neck and 3-4 as far as the best managers in the game.
I can't speak for fatbeard, but I think you missed the point of the word "curmudgeon". There were some tensions between him and the FO. The Yankees didn't let him go because they didn't want to pay him $5 mil. That's chump change for that organization.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I can't speak for fatbeard, but I think you missed the point of the word "curmudgeon". There were some tensions between him and the FO. The Yankees didn't let him go because they didn't want to pay him $5 mil. That's chump change for that organization.

Not from what I've been hearing. Hank Steinbrenner is apparently quite cheap when it comes to money for anything other than players and even there he's not George. He apparently cut the office budget in half of all things. So many people that covered that team said that the justifications came out of the blue. There are always tensions with the FO. That's how you know someone is doing their job.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not from what I've been hearing. Hank Steinbrenner is apparently quite cheap when it comes to money for anything other than players and even there he's not George. He apparently cut the office budget in half of all things. So many people that covered that team said that the justifications came out of the blue. There are always tensions with the FO. That's how you know someone is doing their job.
We will have to agree to disagree.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You gonna shit your pants if Joe goes to Anaheim?

I’m pretty sure he will go on in life. You seem to have some weird obsession on this message board. Go rub one out. It will make you feel better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
I’m pretty sure he will go on in life. You seem to have some weird obsession on this message board. Go rub one out. It will make you feel better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh noooo the Cubs suck again!

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Maddon Saga not quite over...

Rumors are he and the Angels may have mutual interest

Question is will Theo allow him to interview for that job and if he does then we all know Maddon gone

Where are you getting these "rumors" from?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Nothing wrong with that. I'm long time Girardi fan. That said I'm a bigger Maddon fan at this point so I hope, and truly believe, this is all a bunch of internet nonsense.
He would have been a great fit for the Cubs many long years ago pre-Ricketts ownership.