What Is Your Take on Trubisky So Far

• No good, horrible draft pick

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
If he's a "franchise guy" he's worth the #1 overall pick.

I think he's shown a lot of promise. In a year where he's still learning this offense and how to play in the NFL, if his "bad game" against Belichick means he's responsible for 3 TDs, 400 yards, and we score 31 points, I'll take it.

Respectfully, disagree. There's a long history of mediocre franchise guys that played for around a decade that weren't worth a number 1 pick.

Jay Cutler for example.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thanks for participating. I used to do the Cutler polls ranking him from 1 to 32. This type of poll seems more appropriate at this time. PiB used to accuse me of always doing the poll after a bad Cutler outing :lol: .

Figured it would be a fair time to do it on Trubisky. Then maybe again after 11 games.

I'll say this: I'm at the point where I'm glad he's a Bear. He's given me enough enjoyment over the last few weeks to light my enthusiasm somewhat. I love his athleticism the way he runs/scrambles, love his leadership and attitude. I just want him to clean up that down field accuracy before I'm fully on board.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Trubisky’s never going to be that straight-A student who hardly ever studies and just naturally gets great grades and understands school.

He’s going to have to be the kid who recognizes he’s not as naturally book-smart as a lot of the other kids, and is instead going to have to study his ass off and outwork everyone else in order to get his A’s.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll say this: I'm at the point where I'm glad he's a Bear. He's given me enough enjoyment over the last few weeks to light my enthusiasm somewhat. I love his athleticism the way he runs/scrambles, love his leadership and attitude. I just want him to clean up that down field accuracy before I'm fully on board.

That is more than fair. I got pissed at him a few times in the Patriots game. I believe, or maybe I hope that he may be getting a little too revved up at times, which is fine when you are running or blocking or something, but obviously no good when trying to pinpoint a pass.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
At the beginning of the season we were hoping for Jared Goff year 2 leap. So far Trubisky has out performed Jared Goff year two so I'll say 4

richb688

Liked Posts:
I give him a 5.5 trending towards 6 . If his horrible game is 400 yards of offense against the patriots and 3 tds in a new offense with not a lot of experience I will very well dam get on board.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Trubisky’s never going to be that straight-A student who hardly ever studies and just naturally gets great grades and understands school.

He’s going to have to be the kid who recognizes he’s not as naturally book-smart as a lot of the other kids, and is instead going to have to study his ass off and outwork everyone else in order to get his A’s.

So Alex Smith?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Promising, but still needs plenty of work

He seems to have it, progressing very well

In between these two. Promising and progressing as expected. Possibly better than expected as far as his run game & general pocket awareness.

We all (should) know this offense takes time to gel & get cookin'. Nagy himself is also learning HC duties on the fly while he calls plays.

NE was Trub's worst accuracy/timing game this year. Had several open WRs he missed high & low. Easily could've had 2-3 more INTs that were easier than the 2 that were picked.

WRs also dropped 6 passes by my count. Several were drive killers if not points off the board.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice bell curve developing with 24 votes thus far.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
A big ole 6 for me. 2 seasons from now he will be elite. Most well rounded QB in Bears history. Young and still learning and improving. Mitch has a advantage no other Bear QB ever had, Matt Nagy. I fully expect a top 10 offense for the next 12+ years. Best draft pick in my lifetime. Over the top? don't care, I felt this way before the draft and I still do.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I voted "Promising, but still needs plenty of work" and I did it from my phone, just for the record..

I like a lot of things I've seen from Trubisky - he's poised in the pocket and seems to have a great prescence and natural awareness. He seems like a natural leader and commands his guys. He's super athletic. He's excellent in pressers and is extremely likable.

There's also some stuff that worries me - his mid to deep accuracy through 6 games this season has been spotty at absolute best. This has been so alarming to me, because this was one of his touted strong points coming out of college. Idk if he's still too scared to make a mistake, but something isn't right. He's also still too slow when progressing through his reads. He seems a bit off on his timings, which possibly (probably) contributes to his (perceived) accuracy woes.

However, I'm the minority on CCS. I don't make final judgements or sweeping statements on QBs when they haven't even gotten a couple seasons under their belt. I don't think it's fair one way or another, but maybe that's just me..

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
#4 right now and should become clearer over time.

me654

Liked Posts:
between 3-4, but I selected 4. there is def work to be done but I think he is progressing well due to the overall offensive production, which hasnt been seen in the Bers org for quite a while. Offense seems to be the strength as seen in the last 3 games. with a few hiccups here and there.

Im not going to act like hes flawless. i agree with a post mentioning his accuracy being spotty. You can see it and not making excuses for either him or the receivers but they are brand new together as well. I think they will gel sooner rather than later.

Considering its a brand new scheme and first year on the team for every weapon with the exception of the back field. Not bad actually.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd be ecstatic if Trubisky ended up like Alex Smith. I *hope* for more, but would be overall happy with that result.

Alex Smith should be the absolute floor for Trubisky, can't be ecstatic if that's where he ends up. He has to be considerably better than Alex Smith.

Not sure why Alex Smith keeps coming up anyway.

me654

Liked Posts:
Alex Smith should be the absolute floor for Trubisky, can't be ecstatic if that's where he ends up. He has to be considerably better than Alex Smith.

Not sure why Alex Smith keeps coming up anyway.

Alex smith was the best QB in the league at one point under the system...."the floor" isnt so bad then.

if bears fans are at a point now to where they expect tecmo bowl/madden numbers on a weekly basis then theres no hope lol.

for once, the offense (#6 in scoring) at this point is producing enough points to win....which has been the complaint by so many for years. One stick out "just protect the ball, our defense can do the rest"

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Trubisky has shown promise, period. I don't really even think you can debate that. He's obviously has some things to work on as most 2nd year QBs do. I think the accuracy issues will clean themselves up as he gets more comfortable in the system and continues to build chemistry with his receivers. His dual threat ability is going to be a major asset to him, I just hope he figures out when to step up into the pocket and when to use his legs. Again, I think that will come with time in the system.

Nobody can be absolutely certain that he is going to turn into a Franchise guy, but I think his arrow is pointing up. I feel more comfortable with our QB situation right now then I did when we had Cutler.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
#5 because he is, new system and actually learning to read defenses

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is ahead of where I thought he would be.

I was giving him till week 8 to start producing and he has done it the last 3 weeks, which is earlier than I thought we would start to see serious numbers go up on the boards in term of him personally and the teams scoring.

To me he is progressing well. I never deluded myself that this was not going to be a long process before we see a finished product. This is based on Mitch as well as the history of most young QBs. Very few/no QBs come into the league and are immediately good and stay good. There are struggles and regressions over the course of a couple of years.

Mitch continues to grow in areas that encourage me,

1. He is seeing the field much better. Early in the season he would have wide open guys running and he would not even get to them in his reads. As he has gotten more comfortable in the offense he is making the right reads, he is just inconsistently making the throws.

2. He is getting more comfortable with his weapons. Earlier in the season he was missing Gabriel on everything and now they seem to be on the same page. Earlier in the season he could not find Trey Burton, now he finds him whenever he is in trouble. Now it seems that he is going through the process with Anthony Miller, who he has missed on 4/5 worst throws the last 2 weeks.

3. His pocket presence is way better. Earlier in the season he was running around like a confused animal. Now when he leaves the pocket it is with purpose and has been a positive. He ran the ball 6 times against the Patriots, he converted 4 3rd downs and the other to were for 11 and 39 yards. That is purposeful leaving the pocket. He is not taking the sacks he was before, both sacks against the Patriots in my opinion were bad reps by Leno.

This is a process. He needs to develop more consistency and efficiency, but through 6 games this is progress.