Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The tank is back on this season and the Bulls weren't going to compete for a playoff spot anyway. Realistically, if everything goes right, the 2020-21 season is where the Bulls should be in a position to compete for a playoff spot. If not then, 2021-22 is another option.

With that said, what does your ideal Bulls roster and starting 5 look like for 2020-21?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
A better PG than Dunn
Lavine
Klay Thompson
Lauri
Carter Jr.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
LaVine, Dunn and Payne at guard positions.
Markannen, Portis, Jabari and WCJ under the basket.

Plus 2-3 SG/SF types of higher talent/quality acquired either via. Draft or FA.

And a better HC (you know, Stevens/Carlisle type).

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LaVine, Dunn and Payne at guard positions.
Markannen, Portis, Jabari and WCJ under the basket.

Plus 2-3 SG/SF types of higher talent/quality acquired either via. Draft or FA.

And a better HC (you know, Stevens/Carlisle type).
Please remove Payne from any roster that doesn't involve a tanking effort. Plz and thx

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
What the hell happened to Jerian Grant? Weren't GarPax enamored with him too. He at least was better than Payne. He'd be a good backup PG to have.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What the hell happened to Jerian Grant? Weren't GarPax enamored with him too. He at least was better than Payne. He'd be a good backup PG to have.
Traded to the Magic in the offseason

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Traded to the Magic in the offseason

We traded the wrong PG. Payne is completely useless other than dancing pregame.

tenor.gif

payne.gif

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
A better PG than Dunn
Lavine
Klay Thompson
Lauri
Carter Jr.

Ok, back to the thread.

Klay Thompson probably isn't leaving GS, and if he does he's not coming to Chicago. So, we need to upgrade our wing. Holiday is not a championship starter. Looking to the college ranks, RJ Barrett at Duke is supposedly the top guy followed by Cam Reddish (also at Duke) and Nassir Little (UNC). I think one of those three could fill the hole we have at the 3.

And I'd still like to upgrade Dunn unless he makes some huge leaps this year and next.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know its only 2 games but payne been pretty good the last 2. Might develop into a decent bench PG.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok, back to the thread.

Klay Thompson probably isn't leaving GS, and if he does he's not coming to Chicago. So, we need to upgrade our wing. Holiday is not a championship starter. Looking to the college ranks, RJ Barrett at Duke is supposedly the top guy followed by Cam Reddish (also at Duke) and Nassir Little (UNC). I think one of those three could fill the hole we have at the 3.

And I'd still like to upgrade Dunn unless he makes some huge leaps this year and next.
Dunn would need to improve his decision making and shooting by a LOT to be a legit starter on a championship team. Lauri and Lavine taking huge steps would help lessen that need, but again it's a lot of ifs. We're pretty much still reliant on nabbing a stud in the draft to have a shot. We're gonna get jack squat in FA like we do every year. Carter also needs to show that he has some form of offense.

On the bright side, this is young young team. If by some miracle we were in contention in the East by 2020 that would mean half our starting lineup is under the age of like 25 and we've pulled some OKC level stuff.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Dunn would need to improve his decision making and shooting by a LOT to be a legit starter on a championship team. Lauri and Lavine taking huge steps would help lessen that need, but again it's a lot of ifs. We're pretty much still reliant on nabbing a stud in the draft to have a shot. We're gonna get jack squat in FA like we do every year. Carter also needs to show that he has some form of offense.

On the bright side, this is young young team. If by some miracle we were in contention in the East by 2020 that would mean half our starting lineup is under the age of like 25 and we've pulled some OKC level stuff.

If Carter can be a really good 3 and D guy (can't believe I'm saying that about our center) then he'd be fine in that starting lineup. Just get boards, block shots, and knock down open 3's to space the floor. Of course Lavine and Lauri need to keep developing for us to be legit contenders.

We'd still need a third guy who's a threat. Whether it's one of the SFs from college I mentioned, a vastly improved Dunn, or another PG from college who's better than Dunn. To win in today's league you need three guys. Right now we have one and a possible, to use spades terminology.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Carter can be a really good 3 and D guy (can't believe I'm saying that about our center) then he'd be fine in that starting lineup. Just get boards, block shots, and knock down open 3's to space the floor. Of course Lavine and Lauri need to keep developing for us to be legit contenders.

We'd still need a third guy who's a threat. Whether it's one of the SFs from college I mentioned, a vastly improved Dunn, or another PG from college who's better than Dunn. To win in today's league you need three guys. Right now we have one and a possible, to use spades terminology.
No doubt we definitely need all that to happen to have a chance by 2020, or even in general. As currently constructed we need Lauri and Lavine to develop into true offensive studs plus adding in a 3rd talent, as you said. It really puts the pressure on those two to take the steps required. But realistically, that's our best shot.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I think we'll make the playoffs before then, but I am extremely high on Markannen. Hopefully he doesn't let me down :yep:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The tank is back on this season and the Bulls weren't going to compete for a playoff spot anyway. Realistically, if everything goes right, the 2020-21 season is where the Bulls should be in a position to compete for a playoff spot. If not then, 2021-22 is another option.

With that said, what does your ideal Bulls roster and starting 5 look like for 2020-21?

Fisch at PG
Fisch but with a better stroke from deep
Fisch with lockdown D
Fisch with the ability to jump like a 20-year-old Blake Griffin
A 7'7'' Fisch that never takes off his warmup and averages a double-double with just blocks and steals

Coached by a 45-year-old Fisch that always wears a fresh suit paired with a nice pocket square and the chestnut-colored Allen Edmonds wingtips

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fisch at PG
Fisch but with a better stroke from deep
Fisch with lockdown D
Fisch with the ability to jump like a 20-year-old Blake Griffin
A 7'7'' Fisch that never takes off his warmup and averages a double-double with just blocks and steals

Coached by a 45-year-old Fisch that always wears a fresh suit paired with a nice pocket square and the chestnut-colored Allen Edmonds wingtips
Where does Tadd come into this lovely picture?

:-v

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I know its only 2 games but payne been pretty good the last 2. Might develop into a decent bench PG.

Payne was basically playing the 2 guard spot with Levine handling the ball last game. That is why he got wide open 3's and even Stacy King thought it was a better fit.

As far as getting those top 3's from college, no lottery luck for this team anymore. If they did get one, Pax would probably take another 4/5 anyway.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't want to see an architecture team. I want to see a bunch of competitive players come together, gel, and show me something I haven't seen much of. Right now, I'm so fucking sick of video-game style built teams, I want to see unusual, organically composed teams play strengths and trip up the world. It's a tall order, but that is what the Bulls need to save themselves, the league desperately needs teams like that, a whole new generation is starving for new style of basketball, and we need to see more stars make themselves, not just some PR firm that hypes players into big contracts and teams that promote stat padding.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
In 2020, you are looking at the possibility of Anthony Davis (player option), Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, and Kawhi Leonard being available.

Then, in 2021, you have Giannis Antetokounmpo, Bradley Beal, DeMar DeRozan, Gordon Hayward, Damian Lillard, and C.J. McCollum as potential options.

With that being said, you would like to see them bring in at least one of those guys on that list.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
In 2020, you are looking at the possibility of Anthony Davis (player option), Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, and Kawhi Leonard being available.

Then, in 2021, you have Giannis Antetokounmpo, Bradley Beal, DeMar DeRozan, Gordon Hayward, Damian Lillard, and C.J. McCollum as potential options.

With that being said, you would like to see them bring in at least one of those guys on that list.

We'd need to show a lot more improvement on the court to be appealing to any of those guys.