CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
2866 is not HoF worthy over the course of 21 years, IMHO. It's the Hall of Very Good.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Could you just repost them? Or summarize what was in the posts?
Outside of pointing out FirstTimer's personal attack of Brett05 , which particularly as a mod, doesn't likely lend a hand to grow a forum (yeah, we all get that Brett presents arguments of emotion more than statistical arguments) the gist of the rest of the post was changing who gets to vote for HoF. It needs to be mostly taken away from the guys who report and given to people who actually played/coached/GM'd the game, IMO. If those people vote in Baines and Smith, then who are we to argue with them?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Outside of pointing out FirstTimer's personal attack of Brett05 , which particularly as a mod, doesn't likely lend a hand to grow a forum (yeah, we all get that Brett presents arguments of emotion more than statistical arguments) the gist of the rest of the post was changing who gets to vote for HoF. It needs to be mostly taken away from the guys who report and given to people who actually played/coached/GM'd the game, IMO. If those people vote in Baines and Smith, then who are we to argue with them?

Huh?

I called him "intellectually bankrupt" in a post. That's a fact. His entire argument was devoid of intellect and fact and based 100% on emotion.
The hell are you talking about?

Was the entire list of stats to that effect unclear?

You caping for brett here is hilarious.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Huh?

I called him "intellectually bankrupt" in a post. That's a fact. His entire argument was devoid of intellect and fact and based 100% on emotion.
The hell are you talking about?

Was the entire list of stats to that effect unclear?

You caping for brett here is hilarious.
"You're, as usual, intellectually bankrupt." That is the very definition of a personal attack and not an attack on the post.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
It needs to be mostly taken away from the guys who report and given to people who actually played/coached/GM'd the game, IMO. If those people vote in Baines and Smith, then who are we to argue with them?

Probably the most inopportune moment to suggest this, considering the reporters saw Baines as having no HOF case, while the players/managers just elected Baines.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
"You're, as usual, intellectually bankrupt." That is the very definition of a personal attack and not an attack on the post.

LOL. It's a direct attack on the idea he put in the post. I spent the entire post outlining how and why.

He came up with the idea so even "attacking the post" would be a personal attack since he personally wrote it...unless brett has post ghostwriters.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably the most inopportune moment to suggest this, considering the reporters saw Baines as having no HOF case, while the players/managers just elected Baines.

lol. Jesus Christ.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
So much butthurt in CCS, that people get upset when they aren't even involved.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL. It's a direct attack on the idea he put in the post. I spent the entire post outlining how and why.

He came up with the idea so even "attacking the post" would be a personal attack since he personally wrote it...unless brett has post ghostwriters.
"You're intellectually bankrupt". You are flat out wrong. That is a personal attack.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Reported.

I had a roommate in college (not Lefty) who thought Rebecca Lobo was attractive. He was also obsessed with Tabitha Soren, who while being much better looking than Rebecca Lobo, wasn't really all that great either. Imagine a year of your college life being stuck watching women's basketball and MTV News.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had a roommate in college (not Lefty) who thought Rebecca Lobo was attractive. He was also obsessed with Tabitha Soren, who while being much better looking than Rebecca Lobo, wasn't really all that great either. Imagine a year of your college life being stuck watching women's basketball and MTV News.

On relatable issue I ever came across was I had a friend who thought the "girl in Hanson was hot". We had to inform him it was the middle brother of the three.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Then I'll accept that he belongs in the HoF. And I am really busy and glossed over how Baines got in. I will admit to self-pwnage on this issue.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
No. It's an observation and comment about a shit post/thought.

It's actually a comment directed at the person who made the post. When you say "You're intellectually bankrupt", that's a personal attack directed to the poster, not the post. Of course the post was bad. Congratulations on winning the internet.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's actually a comment directed at the person who made the post. When you say "You're intellectually bankrupt", that's a personal attack directed to the poster, not the post. Of course the post was bad. Congratulations on winning the internet.
No. It's directed at the logic or reasoning that person used to make the post.

Keep caping and self pwning.