Trubisky - Pocket Presence

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's odd that after a not so good performance, the front page of this message board is covered with Trubisky threads, and after a brilliant performance, only one Trubisky thread from them all. Although I always cared much more about defense and obviously in my glory, I think Mitchell needs a bit more love on this board.

I will go as far as to say we lose that game yesterday with at least 2/3s of the QBs in the NFL as our QB. His pocket presence yesterday was as good as I have ever seen by any quarterback. He had unblocked guys flying at him several times yesterday, some on his blind side, and somehow felt it, and turned potentially a sack/fumble/TD into positive yardage. The one with that ended with the soft pass down the field to Shaheen was in my opinion one of the best QB plays that I have ever seen (keep in mind that I spend a lot of time watching the Bears lol).

I thought he played flawless football. With the DirecTv I did have a Packer fan over my house for the game, I made him watch it on my TV outside. He said after the game that Trubisky is phenomenal, and couldn't stop talking about his moves out there.

If someone could post a video of that scrambling effort and soft pass to Shaheen, please post it in here.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Agree. Trubisky in the pocket vs C. Daniels in the pocket. Night and day difference in pocket awareness and escapability.

Great Spiderman "spidey" senses.

Spidey Mitch.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Agree. Trubisky in the pocket vs C. Daniels in the pocket. Night and day difference in pocket awareness and escapability.

Great Spiderman "spidey" senses.

Spidey Mitch.

Maserati Mitch has already been unanimously decided as his official nickname.

Thanks.

Speed

Liked Posts:
My favorite throw might have been the one to Gabriel.

Escaped the pressure from Matthews, running to the left, lobbed it just over the DB's head to Gabriel.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Can only people who joined this board in Aug 2012 post here? Lol.

When you are great and loved, you can have many names. There are 50 Eskimo names for snow. :)

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
It's odd that after a not so good performance, the front page of this message board is covered with Trubisky threads, and after a brilliant performance, only one Trubisky thread from them all. Although I always cared much more about defense and obviously in my glory, I think Mitchell needs a bit more love on this board.

I will go as far as to say we lose that game yesterday with at least 2/3s of the QBs in the NFL as our QB. His pocket presence yesterday was as good as I have ever seen by any quarterback. He had unblocked guys flying at him several times yesterday, some on his blind side, and somehow felt it, and turned potentially a sack/fumble/TD into positive yardage. The one with that ended with the soft pass down the field to Shaheen was in my opinion one of the best QB plays that I have ever seen (keep in mind that I spend a lot of time watching the Bears lol).

I thought he played flawless football. With the DirecTv I did have a Packer fan over my house for the game, I made him watch it on my TV outside. He said after the game that Trubisky is phenomenal, and couldn't stop talking about his moves out there.

If someone could post a video of that scrambling effort and soft pass to Shaheen, please post it in here.

Too bad you made your Packer friend go outside it would have been more fun to rib him the whole time...

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With that kind of performance at QB this team can go pretty damn far. A shootout in the Superdome probably wont end well for our beloved but I hope we get to see it.

- Another 20112 joiner

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Too bad you made your Packer friend go outside it would have been more fun to rib him the whole time...

Hahahaha. A very good friend who has this one bad personality trait of a being a Packers fan. I do like your take, but it was for the best. He was very humble afterwards.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
He did have a 6th sense yesterday. Weirdly effective with his running decision and his yards when he decided to take off.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

His scrambles were so calm and so Rodgersesque He literally out Rodgers'd Rodgers. It was beautiful.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My favorite throw might have been the one to Gabriel.

Escaped the pressure from Matthews, running to the left, lobbed it just over the DB's head to Gabriel.

Here's that clip: https://www.chicagobears.com/video/trubisky-escapes-sack-throws-for-first-down

It was a thing of beauty. Despite all the shit talking from national media, and some posters here, I think we have a special one guys. I can't wait to see how good he is year 2 under this system. Even where he is now, if he plays like he did yesterday, pretty sure we can go all the way. Saints will be tough in the dome (if things go that way), but I have a lot of faith in this defense.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
No that's a fucking Special person nickname

his name is Biscuit
Kinda more of a name for lineman isn't it? In the bears tradition, 'one biscuit short of a mess hall.'

I think he's yet to earn a nickname. But I'm ok with Mako. He has some shark characteristics.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I don't think we should name our QB after an animal or a car, that's what a 12 year old would do

We should name him after a biscuit because that's what COOL people would do

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
It's almost like there are several trolls on the board who make a lot of noise after Trubisky struggles, then go silent after a good game.