So this is what’s going on with Machado, right?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Every day, we hear the talking heads scratching their heads, befuddled at why Machado and Harper haven’t signed. What could possibly be happening behind the scenes? Surely the White Sox are cheap! Or is it, Manny Machado is greedy? COLLUSSSIIOONNNN!!!

The likely answer seems obvious, though, right? And yet I don’t hear the talking heads mentioning it at all.

The Sox have offered Machado more than any other team. But it’s still less than Machado wants. No other teams are jumping in with a bigger offer, at least not at this point.

So if that’s true, it makes sense that Machado remains unsigned. Why wouldn’t he wait? It makes sense for him to wait and see if anyone else jumps in for more money. If someone does, great for him. If not, the Sox offer is there to sign.

Likewise for the Sox, it makes sense that they don’t offer more. If no one else is offering more than you, why negotiate against yourself and just give money away?

So we’re left with the stalemate that probably makes sense for each side.

No ownership collusion. No big mystery. Just logic. If the Sox remain the top offer, Machado will sign at some point. If they don’t, he’ll sign elsewhere.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Prediction: He will sign somewhere.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Seems like the Sox have the highest offer on the table, which is still short of what Machado and co. want.

It's basically a staring contest now.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
That's what I believe is going on. I also believe Harper is waiting on Machado to basically set the market.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every day, we hear the talking heads scratching their heads, befuddled at why Machado and Harper haven’t signed. What could possibly be happening behind the scenes? Surely the White Sox are cheap! Or is it, Manny Machado is greedy? COLLUSSSIIOONNNN!!!

The likely answer seems obvious, though, right? And yet I don’t hear the talking heads mentioning it at all.

The Sox have offered Machado more than any other team. But it’s still less than Machado wants. No other teams are jumping in with a bigger offer, at least not at this point.

So if that’s true, it makes sense that Machado remains unsigned. Why wouldn’t he wait? It makes sense for him to wait and see if anyone else jumps in for more money. If someone does, great for him. If not, the Sox offer is there to sign.

Likewise for the Sox, it makes sense that they don’t offer more. If no one else is offering more than you, why negotiate against yourself and just give money away?

So we’re left with the stalemate that probably makes sense for each side.

No ownership collusion. No big mystery. Just logic. If the Sox remain the top offer, Machado will sign at some point. If they don’t, he’ll sign elsewhere.

Rumor that the sox uped their offer to 8 years 250 million

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
So, mid-March?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Talked to someone with knowledge of the ongoing Harper Machado saga. He doesn’t think it will resolve until mid-March.</p>— ChrisShearn (@ChrisShearnYES) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisShearnYES/status/1096098452675674117?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 14, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>