1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Cain did it again to the Cardinals..

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yelich did it again to the Cardinals.

He has 8 HRs in 6 games against the Cards. At least one in every game.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If LaRussa was still there he'd be spending some quality time in the dirt.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm not usually *that guy*. But since the all star break yelich has homered on 45.3% of his fly balls which is beyond absurd. Typical max in a season is around 30% and that's for big power guys like JD Martinez, Joey Gallo, Stanton...etc. League average is 12.7%. So to see him over 300% better than league average and 150% better than even the big power guys makes me wonder if he's on PEDs.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I'm not usually *that guy*. But since the all star break yelich has homered on 45.3% of his fly balls which is beyond absurd. Typical max in a season is around 30% and that's for big power guys like JD Martinez, Joey Gallo, Stanton...etc. League average is 12.7%. So to see him over 300% better than league average and 150% better than even the big power guys makes me wonder if he's on PEDs.

There's something going on there, but I wouldn't jump to PEDs. I think it's a combination of being a good candidate for the "flyball revolution" (he hit the ball on the ground a lot in Miami) and just being extraordinarily lucky. We've seen it happen before with guys like Luis Gonzalez, where they just have a year where they go gonzo.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
There's something going on there, but I wouldn't jump to PEDs. I think it's a combination of being a good candidate for the "flyball revolution" (he hit the ball on the ground a lot in Miami) and just being extraordinarily lucky. We've seen it happen before with guys like Luis Gonzalez, where they just have a year where they go gonzo.
Well like I said I'm not normally that guy but I don't know that I can buy his stats. He went from a 35-38% hard hit rate with the marlins to 47.6% last year and 58.3% this year and 53.4% since Aug 1 last year which is 329 PAs and not a small sample. No one in the majors last year was over 50% for the full year. Like I can buy the idea that part of his turn around is him hitting more fly balls but that really isn't impactful with the fact he's hitting the ball harder. I don't see a reason for that change and it's absurdly unsustainable looking which is why I wonder if it's not something like PEDs.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Miami has a massive OF. Brewers is a launching pad.

So I can see him buying into the Bryant swing and working launch angles. In Miami with the large gaps working a level swing is beneficial.

I really see this as an adaptation

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
So. Today is April 18. Have the brewers played any away games yet or his their whole schedule home games ????

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Anyone have the Pirates in 1st place at any time this season

IMG_20190418_224357.jpg

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Miami has a massive OF. Brewers is a launching pad.

So I can see him buying into the Bryant swing and working launch angles. In Miami with the large gaps working a level swing is beneficial.

I really see this as an adaptation
Launch angle has nothing to do with hitting the ball harder nor does having a better stadium to hit in. Sure those measures help hitters but he's physically applying more force to the ball.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Launch angle has nothing to do with hitting the ball harder nor does having a better stadium to hit in. Sure those measures help hitters but he's physically applying more force to the ball.

That could also relate to a better off season strength training program. I wouldn't red flag PED until you look into it more.

I only think PED if a person goes beyond the norm. I would buy Trout or Betts before him. 9 WAR is peak performance. 6-7 is Bryant performance.

So parks factor is there. Add strength training and natural maturing as a player. I wouldn't shock me if this is just unlocked potential

CSF77

Liked Posts:
An actually I would be shocked if he got a good personal trainer. He doesn't look jacked up. Lean muscle vs seeing him lose flexibility from muscle shortening.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I literally cited his hard hit numbers being well beyond "the norm" earlier in this post.

I still don't buy it. It is not like he puffed up like Barry did.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I still don't buy it. It is not like he puffed up like Barry did.
And that's fine. I'm not saying definitively he's on the juice. I'm just wondering if it's worth considering because there doesn't seem to be an obvious answer as to what's going on. I mean it's basically down to "luck" but at a certain point you can't be that lucky.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
And that's fine. I'm not saying definitively he's on the juice. I'm just wondering if it's worth considering because there doesn't seem to be an obvious answer as to what's going on. I mean it's basically down to "luck" but at a certain point you can't be that lucky.

Well I can say that some of us develop a little later.

End of the day if he pops + that is on him.

Anyways I peaked in strength at 45. I plateaued my bench at 190. Really never could push past 200. Then in my mid 40's it ramped up when I went back to the gym regularly. With in 3 months I was doing sets at 225 and pushing 275. That was just with a regular training and OTC supplements.

Roids is another animal. That is hard to hide over long term use and basically his body is the same.