IST: Cubs vs. Marlins

chibears55

Liked Posts:
No.
We can all be unhappy with a play here or there, or a game result.
But you and you alone think they should win 162 or the sky is falling if they don't sweep every poor team.

That is just not what happens in baseball. You are ready to write the team off with every negative play.

I made 1 frickn comment about how they played against a bad team and that what you take from it..
You need to grow up already and move on to something else to bitch about..

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great! Heyward never hits that out the previous years. Incredible. That swagger is real.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol Heyward! About time "shit". Len just went silent

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Heyward looks so much better than in the past.
Keep it up!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Nice ending.

Well with Strop on the IL with another hammy... Leon Durham X2 . Joe was saying all hands but I'll be honest here. He wants it to go-to Chatwood if he can pound strikes.

Well I've been looking at it some what. Edwards is almost all 4 seem usage. He might throw a hammer 1x per inning. But he is a easy book to read.

Chatwood on the other hand. First guy he mixed 2 seem with a change and a curve. Then got a X2 play on a 2 seem. Then 3rd guy went 2 seem and 4 seem attack. 2 seem at 95. 4 seem 96-97 MPH.

Now Joe is not wrong here. Stuff wise Chatwood has closer stuff and if he is attacking the plate with that arsenal this might become a new thing.

Even velocity Edwards was pounding 93-94. Ryan and Cishek we're rarely touching 90. Even Kintzler pounds a 92 MPH sinker. I don't know if you want that with the stakes high pressure.

So that is my take on this.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well add to it Chatwood also has a slider a cutter if he has command of them.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I am not familiar with the circle game, but I read that's what that gesture meant. I also don't think the Cubs should be held responsible for every action of every fan.

General rule of thumb, if you have to google it to know if you should be offended, you should probably not be offended.

That guy was found and perma banned.

"The incident last night is truly disgusting," Epstein said. "It gave me shivers to watch that, that that would take place at Wrigley Field. ... We've made clear how egregious and unacceptable that behavior is and there's no place for it in our society, in baseball and there's certainly no place at Wrigley Field. The person responsible for that gesture will never be welcome back at Wrigley Field. I think it's important to have a strong response, to send a message that this is a place of inclusion."

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Thanks and also thanks to TL for the wishes as well.

Happy Birthday!

Cubs squeaked one out. Now go get that third win tomorrow.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Well, I certainly hope the coaches we hired are better than little league coaches. And any coach preaching "how" during the game itself is doing it wrong.
You didn’t understand my post. These players have heard it all. Not one of them is going to listen to a coach walking up to them saying “ you need to fix this” unless they already understand something is wrong and they are willing to listen, or the coach has taken the time to listen and understand each player well enough to gain their trust, etc.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You didn’t understand my post. These players have heard it all. Not one of them is going to listen to a coach walking up to them saying “ you need to fix this” unless they already understand something is wrong and they are willing to listen, or the coach has taken the time to listen and understand each player well enough to gain their trust, etc.

I understood. I get that coaches aren’t addressing mlb pkayers as a high school coach would address his.

But I also want the staff, starting with the manager, to be having the necessary candid conversations.

Is someone addressing weaknesses, or do they just wait to ship them to Iowa.