IST: Phillies @ Cubs — Arrieta returns

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im kind of impressed we almost won that game. We shouldnt have been it. 4 runs due to Contreras bad D. Descalso had a hand in it. Should have turned that DP. Lester balls were flat. His changeup was the only thing working. Ump gave him a tight zone. Lester doesnt do well with tight zones.

Kind of glad we came out with a split because the ball seemed to bounce the Phillies way most of the series.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
So he just gave up after that?

No. Not saying that. He had a bad swing on the final pitch. But that was a really bad call on ball 4. Pitcher walks 2 straight and isn't close with any. Then isn't close with any of the first 3 to Heyward and got bailed out.

Russell screwed up that inning. He does nothing for this team.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Im kind of impressed we almost won that game. We shouldnt have been it. 4 runs due to Contreras bad D. Descalso had a hand in it. Should have turned that DP. Lester balls were flat. His changeup was the only thing working. Ump gave him a tight zone. Lester doesnt do well with tight zones.

Kind of glad we came out with a split because the ball seemed to bounce the Phillies way most of the series.

Lemme see, Caratini plays third and makes a bad throw to Bote so they cant turn a double play.

Contrares has to make every play on batted balls around our "Ace" because he cannot throw a ball to first base.

Contrares ends up playing the sun right field in the game

Heyward turns the wrong way and cannot catch a ball Almora would have had no trouble with, the first play they take Almora out of the game.

Yet, people will teabag Heyward for the 4 walks when he was put higher in the lineup to drive in runs.

With all that, Javy just misses walking us off.

Hippie ball.

Odds on Joe learning any lessons because he "committed" to giving KB a day off? NONE

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Lemme see, Caratini plays third and makes a bad throw to Bote so they cant turn a double play.

Contrares has to make every play on batted balls around our "Ace" because he cannot throw a ball to first base.

Heyward turns the wrong way and cannot catch a ball Almora would have had no trouble with, the first play they take Almora out of the game.

Yet, people will teabag Heyward for the 4 walks when he was put higher in the lineup to drive in runs.

Hippie ball.

Odds on Joe learning any lessons because he "committed" to giving KB a day off? NONE

As always, your username proves the most appropriate on the forum.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
No. Not saying that. He had a bad swing on the final pitch. But that was a really bad call on ball 4. Pitcher walks 2 straight and isn't close with any. Then isn't close with any of the first 3 to Heyward and got bailed out.

Russell screwed up that inning. He does nothing for this team.
But Russell plays great defense and should be starting at SS ?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But Russell plays great defense and should be starting at SS ?

Well if Happ wasn't striking out 1/3 of the time and 25% vs AAA pitching they might have gone with him at 2B.

I believe that they should keep Russell at 2B every day. I am also fine with Bote moving Bryant to a corner OF spot occasionally.

I'm not ok with Descanasio batting .201 and sub avg D. It makes 0 sense.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Hippie ball.

Why am I responding to this nonsense?
Why am I responding to this nonsense?
Why am I responding to this nonsense?.......

OK, anyway....

Don't blame Lester for Contreras' error.

If RF is a sun field at that time of day, then it is a sun field......why does that involve who the player is in RF? Are some people immune to sun in their face and others aren't?

You are literally criticizing a player for getting on base four times because.....you can't not criticize that player.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well Heyward scored 0 runs in his 4 walks but that has more to do with Almora going .000 OBA right after. And the .000 2B mess right after.

The problem lies at 2B right now. Joe has been playing this BS logic with having a lefty except that lefty sucks at everything right now.

What I was saying about Happ was pretty legit.

It really comes down to Happ to stop striking the flock out at that high rate. Honestly he needs to be more agressive earlier in the count. And by agressive it means if the pitch is in zone swing. If out don't.

Later count get defensive and protect the plate.

It is really that simple. A walk is fine. Sacrificing a AB for it is not.