Bryant is this new Santo

Cubfansince60's

Liked Posts:
Kris Bryant is exactly like Ron Santo was when he played. At the end of the season, he puts up good numbers but he never comes through in the clutch. Much like Santo did, the majority of HR's and RBI's come when the game is out of reach, either losing or winning but a lot of runs. When it is clutch time, he rarely comes through. I would trade him while others think he is still good. Also, someone needs to teach Bryant how to use his body. He uses all arms at-bat. He would hit with much more power if he learned to use his legs and torso more. He should watch videos of Mike Schmidt.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I notice we went to complete shit in 2018 when he was out of the lineup, and we are a whole lot better when he is in.

I was unaware most of his RBIs come when the game is out of reach. It will be interesting to see this research.

Please post your data. I can’t wait to see it.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
What the hell is this.

Where do people get this Kris Bryant isn't clutch thing? Because he's not hitting Walk-off HR's every game? Why on earth would you trade Bryant? In what scenario do the Cubs get better without the return of Mike Trout, Christian Yelich, etc.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Remember in 2016 when Kris Bryant pretty much began the Cubs comeback in the World Series? So not clutch.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Also, someone needs to teach Bryant how to use his body. He uses all arms at-bat.

I heard Santo used all arms.

So glad I decided to drop in to this forum today. Did not disappoint.

To add to this thread content:

Schmidt obvious steroid user, right?

Dan Bernstein complained that Ron Santo was "too much of a homer" for like 13 years. Incredible stuff. Perhaps you can get Bernstein to post here...it would be like a hand/glove fit.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Santo was an All-Star for nine seasons during his 15-year career. He led the National League (NL) in triples one time, in walks four times, and in on-base percentage two times.[2][7] He batted .300 or more and hit 30 or more home runs four times each, and is the only third baseman in MLB history to post eight consecutive seasons with over 90 runs batted in (RBI) (1963–70).[2][7] Santo is second to Mathews in slugging average(.464), and is the third ranking third baseman in walks (1,108), in RBI (1,331), and total bases (3,779).

I wouldn't be mad to be compared to a HOF player honestly.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
baseballreference says that he has hit a majority of his HRs when they are down by 4 runs, so I guess this all depends on your definition of out of reach.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
You are not allowed to diss Dr. Loopyswing on this forum

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
As one of the few people here that actually saw Santo play many many games.....I did have the feeling at the time that he wasnt clutch and that he hit a lot of HRs when the game was out of reach. Just a feeling at the time and possibly not true

I think people were more impressed with his defense than his offense

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Santo was a hall of famer in the worst two decades of third basemen in baseball history. They never called Aram the next santo, I thought playing KB in the outfield enough would keep him from being the next santo, well, that and the part that he will be gone when his free agency comes around.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
As one of the few people here that actually saw Santo play many many games.....I did have the feeling at the time that he wasnt clutch and that he hit a lot of HRs when the game was out of reach. Just a feeling at the time and possibly not true

I think people were more impressed with his defense than his offense

If you did not see him play, we might have at least all heard his "He dropped the ball" Brant Brown call that showed how much of an asshole he was.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
If you did not see him play, we might have at least all heard his "He dropped the ball" Brant Brown call that showed how much of an asshole he was.
I have no idea what you are talking about

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Santo was a hall of famer in the worst two decades of third basemen in baseball history. They never called Aram the next santo, I thought playing KB in the outfield enough would keep him from being the next santo, well, that and the part that he will be gone when his free agency comes around.
Hank Aaron said Santo was one of the best players of the 60s

Cubfansince60's

Liked Posts:
I went to about 30 games per year during Santo's time and everyone in the stadium knew, if the game was on the line, you wanted Billy Williams or Glenn Beckert and even Kessinger to come up before Santo. Both Santo and Bryant seem to play much better when they are relaxed and don't feel pressure.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went to about 30 games per year during Santo's time and everyone in the stadium knew, if the game was on the line, you wanted Billy Williams or Glenn Beckert and even Kessinger to come up before Santo. Both Santo and Bryant seem to play much better when they are relaxed and don't feel pressure.

You should have got better eyes

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings