Which NFCN QB has the most to prove going into 2019

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What????? With 13 games under his belt Stafford threw for 2,803 yds 19 td's, 21 int's.

So we have a Lion fan who can't spell his best offensive player's name, and can't count...…………….
Galloday, Galladay, Jesus dude get a life. You think being a spell check nazi helps give you cred? Obviously it doesn't help with reading comprehension as shown by the rest of your post.

Mitch played in 12 games in 2017, ergo he had 12 games under his belt entering this year.
Stafford had 13 games under his belt prior to throwing for 5000 yards.

It's really not that hard...

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Stafford played 13 games in his first two years in the league, so he had those 13 games under his belt entering his third year, where he lit it up with his career year of over 5,000 yds and 41 td's.

Thanks for the recap.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Right now, if you gave both Cousins and Trubisky all the time in the world in the pocket, Cousins would perform better. However, under pressure Cousins crumbles and Trubisky is as good as anyone.
When we talk of Cousins crumbling under pressure, much of that pressure is self induced. Both Gruden and Zimmer have said that Cousins can't just enjoy playing in a big game. He can't relax and let the game come to him. That is just the way he is wired. I would say that kind of pressure is worse than Mack coming from the blind side.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
No offense, but that draft capital is marginal at most and he has shown more than enough to reveal the major issues in DET are not him.
Lions fans rally cry since the day Stafford was drafted, "If we can build a complete team around him..."

As they continue to pay him like a top NFL QB and can never afford to fit that complete team under the cap. It's a laughable death spiral their inept ownership continues to stand behind...

Last edited:

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
LOL, revisionist history, easy to do when the games your talking about are in the past and your hoping your audience doesn't actually remember the actual games.

Stafford has appeared in three playoff games. In his first two his stats were fine. Yes, in 2014 he had a good defense (no where near as good as the 2018 Bears though). But his defense shit the bed in the actual playoff game. His last playoff performance, and his worst, he played with a broken middle finger on his throwing hand, sustained in a game against the Bears.

He also played last year with a fractured back, and was in quite some pain. No, Stafford is not Aaron Rodgers, now is he
Tom Brady. What he is though is light years better than any QB the Bears have EVER put on the field. With the Bears, their best QB is always their NEXT QB.

How much do Bears fans hold MT accountable for their loss against the Eagles?
More than any other position on the field, fair or not quarterbacks are judged on one thing and one thing only......wins. Stafford's stats in his first two playoff games are very good. In 2011 against the Saints 380 yds 3td's , but he also forced two 4th quarter interceptions that ended the game. In 2014, 323 yds and 1 td, again good stats. Also in that game people will remember the no call on a flag that was for some reason picked up, but what people don't remember is the two fumbles in the final three minutes of the game. If the Bears had a hand in the last Lion playoff loss....good job Bears.

Stafford plays in some pain....what a trooper. It is not like other QB's have never played in pain, last year Rodgers played the whole year on a bum knee. Now when you say Stafford is not Rodgers or Brady, the frustrating thing is with all his physical talent he should be in that elite company, but he is not. Light years better than any Bears quarterback EVER...….. as in going back 100 years, because that would include a HOF quarterback, and champion quarterbacks. As said earlier, with QB's it is all about the wins not the stats.

As to your last point, I would say any Bears fan who saw that game knows Mitch played like crap for three quarters of that game and 15 points at home against a wildcard team is just not good enough. The only saving grace is Mitch did put the Bears in a position to win that game with a great 4th quarter.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stafford isn't a bad quarterback by my own standards but he sure as shit isn't great. The dude is a middle of the road quarterback IMO. He is what he is but if the judgement includes his draft status then he was never worth the #1 overall pick. That is just fact.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Stafford isn't a bad quarterback by my own standards but he sure as shit isn't great. The dude is a middle of the road quarterback IMO. He is what he is but if the judgement includes his draft status then he was never worth the #1 overall pick. That is just fact.
Agreed but he’s paid like a great QB so he’s 100% open to scrutiny

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One year the Bears had 8 pro bowlers, and couldn't even get out of the wild card round.
And until they do, their QB has more to prove. Lions were stacked on both sides for a decent amount of time. The DL was mighty fine and had some real playmakers on O at the same time. Last year, we were stacked on one. This year should be better balanced with some key additions and better health.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
More than any other position on the field, fair or not quarterbacks are judged on one thing and one thing only......wins. Stafford's stats in his first two playoff games are very good. In 2011 against the Saints 380 yds 3td's , but he also forced two 4th quarter interceptions that ended the game.

come on man, when your down two scores in the 4th quarter with time running out, you take chances. He was down 45 to 28 with 3 effing minutes to go, What do you want your QB to do, throw the ball out of bounds? Yeah he took chances, he had to. Stop reading stat lines and learn what the hell your talking about. Btw, Detroit had a whooping total of 33 yards rushing that game. Kevin Smith was their starting RB

In 2014, 323 yds and 1 td, again good stats. Also in that game people will remember the no call on a flag that was for some reason picked up, but what people don't remember is the two fumbles in the final three minutes of the game.

Both on sacks in which he had no hope, one came on 4th and three with 1 minute remaining, so it really didn't matter if he had fumbled or not. the other one of the fumbles, the cowboys actually fumbled the recovery themselves, and Detroit got the ball back on the same play, so there was no change of possession. Neither were his fault. Again, this is the shit you come up with when all you do is look at stat lines.Did you actually see the hit he took? Who was the Lions Rb that game? Joique Bell. Starting to see a pattern here?

If the Bears had a hand in the last Lion playoff loss....good job Bears.

Kinda like I am still laughing at the fact it was Golden Tate that scored the winning TD against you.

Stafford plays in some pain....what a trooper. It is not like other QB's have never played in pain, last year Rodgers played the whole year on a bum knee. Now when you say Stafford is not Rodgers or Brady, the frustrating thing is with all his physical talent he should be in that elite company, but he is not. Light years better than any Bears quarterback EVER...….. as in going back 100 years, because that would include a HOF quarterback, and champion quarterbacks. As said earlier, with QB's it is all about the wins not the stats.

I have never seen Brady or Rodgers throw the game winning TD with a dislocated shoulder, have you?

Meanwhile Pussy jay Cutler is riding a bike on the sideline of a playoff game....lmao at Bears Qb's.

Except only morons think that. The ones that try to look at stat lines and access performance, with no clue on how the game unfolded. That would be you. Quarterbacks don't play defense.
As to your last point, I would say any Bears fan who saw that game knows Mitch played like crap for three quarters of that game and 15 points at home against a wildcard team is just not good enough. The only saving grace is Mitch did put the Bears in a position to win that game with a great 4th quarter.

so maybe we can have a Matt Prater vs Cody parker debate next.

doink......doink

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But Mitch was worth the #2, lmao. What QB in Stafford's draft class was better? I can name two that were better than Mitch.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
come on man, when your down two scores in the 4th quarter with time running out, you take chances. He was down 45 to 28 with 3 effing minutes to go, What do you want your QB to do, throw the ball out of bounds? Yeah he took chances, he had to. Stop reading stat lines and learn what the hell your talking about. Btw, Detroit had a whooping total of 33 yards rushing that game. Kevin Smith was their starting RB

Both on sacks in which he had no hope, one came on 4th and three with 1 minute remaining, so it really didn't matter if he had fumbled or not. the other one of the fumbles, the cowboys actually fumbled the recovery themselves, and Detroit got the ball back on the same play, so there was no change of possession. Neither were his fault. Again, this is the shit you come up with when all you do is look at stat lines.Did you actually see the hit he took? Who was the Lions Rb that game? Joique Bell. Starting to see a pattern here?

Kinda like I am still laughing at the fact it was Golden Tate that scored the winning TD against you.

I have never seen Brady or Rodgers throw the game winning TD with a dislocated shoulder, have you?

Meanwhile Pussy jay Cutler is riding a bike on the sideline of a playoff game....lmao at Bears Qb's.

Except only morons think that. The ones that try to look at stat lines and access performance, with no clue on how the game unfolded. That would be you. Quarterbacks don't play defense.

so maybe we can have a Matt Prater vs Cody parker debate next.

doink......doink
WELL THAT WAS STUPID

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Galloday, Galladay, Jesus dude get a life. You think being a spell check nazi helps give you cred? Obviously it doesn't help with reading comprehension as shown by the rest of your post.

Mitch played in 12 games in 2017, ergo he had 12 games under his belt entering this year.

It’s not really that hard to realize you are losing the argument or whatever this is you are trying to do!

Visionman

Liked Posts:
When the main highlight of your QB to "prove" how great he is happened 10 years ago in his rookie year against the hapless Cleveland Browns...its time to bow out of the debate, sir...

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

So throwing for 5000 yds and 41 tds got you a 10-6 record and a wild card loss......big fucking whoop

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, revisionist history, easy to do when the games your talking about are in the past and your hoping your audience doesn't actually remember the actual games.

Stafford has appeared in three playoff games. In his first two his stats were fine. Yes, in 2014 he had a good defense (no where near as good as the 2018 Bears though). But his defense shit the bed in the actual playoff game. His last playoff performance, and his worst, he played with a broken middle finger on his throwing hand, sustained in a game against the Bears.

He also played last year with a fractured back, and was in quite some pain. No, Stafford is not Aaron Rodgers, now is he
Tom Brady. What he is though is light years better than any QB the Bears have EVER put on the field. With the Bears, their best QB is always their NEXT QB.

So? Nothing I said was wrong, Made up nor inappropriate. Fine stats by Pad Stadford? Really? No one has questioned his manhood. He's a tough guy with good stats but he makes critical mistakes, a lot. He also takes too many risks with the ball and his body.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Excuses, excuses, excuses......these guys are owning your ass big time.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But Mitch was worth the #2, lmao. What QB in Stafford's draft class was better? I can name two that were better than Mitch.

This potato logic makes my brain hurt. Just because a draft class generated more or less talent at a position doesn't change the fact Stafford in no way shape or form turned out to be worth the #1 overall pick. Period. End of story. Its been what? 9 years since he was drafted? There isn't even remotely a mystery surrounding what Stafford is. Or in this case what he isn't.

Trubisky's career is just beginning. He hasn't shown any regression or plateau and two years later he sure as hell isn't a finished product. You're welcome to throw out a prediction or point out Mahomes has had more success in the same amount of time. Either are fine. Still doesn't change the fact your boy isn't worth his draft pick or his contract. Simple as that.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Matthew Stafford’s win total is as high as nc0gnet0’s IQ (not very high)