2019 Draft

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wouldn't he have to be extremely comfortable in his job to take anything other than Kakko who can help you now...Hughes whose name/hype helps his job now and play will help very soon...or Byram who can help now....

Doing anything else says he has the luxury to be cute and take the BPA and try to be the smartest guy in the room once again...even taking a player who won't be ours for some time.

If Bowman was urgent for his job you would think he would be locked onto the immediate guys.

I just think the Hawks roster situation says he should also be locked onto now.
I don't think Kakko drops.
Byram, and to a slightly lesser extent Turcotte would at least show they are attempting to address a current or future need.
There are a few others (Dach, Cozens, etc.) who are higher risk, but also would point to filling a need, but IMHO aren't the BPA like Turcotte, Byram, and if they drop Hughes or Kakko.
Its guys like Caufield which have me worried since they are neither.

While I'd hope if Stan would be politician-level stupid and takes a guy like Caufield, before Colorado's pick Count Von Bettman goes to the podium and announces that he just got word from Rocky Wirtz that the 'hawks have fired Stan Bowman (I can dream, can't I?), I doubt Bowman is fired this summer even if he makes a pigs breakfast of things. He'll at least have the year. I'm hoping if he does he is fired, though. He's gotta fix the product on the ice and the FA situation is going to help that more than the draft, but he should be on the clock for the draft because if he does trade-in or trade out of a pick, the roster impact has to be immediate and long-term.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
wow, just like Gretzky lol.

Good to know its a she, when they reference partner it is usually gay marriage.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

For 5-10 years proper gender etiquette for LGBQT+friends is to always refer to "partner" even in gender norm situations, so as not to make it a weird designation when used to protect your identity from discrimination.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Always go with the guy that projects the higher ceiling. For me I want 5 things

1. Hockey IQ
2. Speed
3. Skill
4. Size
5. Grit

I do not think the pick will be Byram with Maatta on board. I feel The Grinch will be in Stan ear and go with the hometown kid, and use it as a marketing tool. Personally I think it should be Byram it's harder to acquire top pair potential D-man than top 6. For forwards I like Dach, Cozens, Zegras the more I read up on them.
I hope you are wrong on the marketing tool thing, but fear you will be right.

At no time will I be more likely to buy tickets to see a team play because of where one player grew up. Who cares?

Toews, Kane, Hossa.....not local kids. Problem with that? Hell no!

Where a prospect hails from should never be a factor.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope you are wrong on the marketing tool thing, but fear you will be right.

At no time will I be more likely to buy tickets to see a team play because of where one player grew up. Who cares?

Toews, Kane, Hossa.....not local kids. Problem with that? Hell no!

Where a prospect hails from should never be a factor.

I feel the same. But I fear McSplash will stick his nose in it for Turcotte for "marketing purposes".

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Why does it even matter?

Hate to jack this with something quasi-political, but it shouldn't matter who he wants to stick his dick in unless it's someone who doesn't, or can't legally give consent.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Why does it even matter?

Hate to jack this with something quasi-political, but it shouldn't matter who he wants to stick his dick in unless it's someone who doesn't, or can't legally give consent.
If it doesnt matter, why make a point of it other than to run a train on me.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hayes signed with Flyers 7x7.14.

I wonder what Panarin is going to get

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If it doesnt matter, why make a point of it other than to run a train on me.
You're the one who posted, "Good to know its a she." Which tells me that the plumbing of his fiancee mattered to you.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
You're the one who posted, "Good to know its a she." Which tells me that the plumbing of his fiancee mattered to you.
yeah, it did, then it did not matter to anyone else, then more wanted to be PC and wear their rainbow skirt and make sure the rest of us know I am the only one it mattered to.
My question is why not just let it go, like you let go Gods definition of marriage?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^ This is hockey, asshole. Keep your sky god the fuck out of it.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Boys let's get back on track.

Sounds like the Salary Cap will come in around 82 million